What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obscure 80s and 90s references (morphing into "Anything you can remember from the 80s and 90s") (1 Viewer)

I fits the thread, but why would anyone get it? It was a local commercial that apparently ran for a year. I’d be shocked if anyone did get it. 
There's nothing to get, unless you grew up when I did in the greater Philly area. Then you'd have seen these commercials all the time (there was more than one). I make really obscure references to stuff all the time, that only amuse me.

Living in California now, i know nobody will get it. But it's almost a Pavlovian response when I hear the phrase "Hey, where did everybody go?"

Sweats bi ebe.

Can't find a good picture of them, but they were similar to today's 'athletic pants' but a little tighter, with a row of piping (or two?) down the leg.

Not drunk and just a kid, but I launched one of these once trying to get it to go really high and it went backwards over my head. Landed and impaled itself into the top of the picnic table where my dad and uncle we're sitting. Oops.
I'm sure that got their attention.

I'm sure that got their attention.
Oh yeah. Didn't top the time I was in the boat fishing with my dad and accidentally caught him in the lip with my hook when I went to cast though. Had to go home, push it all the way through because of the barb and cut it with a needle nose to get it out. Wasn't too happy with me.

Steven: Alex, parents are conditioned to put up with a few minor accidents when they leave their children home alone. A broken vase, spilt milk on the rug... There was a kangaroo... in my living room.

Alex : ...He was just here for the party dad.

Steven: Then I guess I'm overreacting.

"Hello Coleen? This is fantastic.  I'm at the stadium right now I have a football phone."

Users who are viewing this thread