What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (2 Viewers)

Loved it. The opening sequence was hilarious. 

I guess I don’t understand how nobody has ever heard of Jedi before?  Why was the Mandalorian leader resorting to ancient folklore to explain who they were?  Weren’t the Jedi leading the republic’s forces in the clone wars, only like 30ish years before this all took place? Plus I imagine Luke was a recent and widely known hero of the rebellion/new republic.
The opening sequence was great.  I loved it when they were practicing their “marksmanship.”

I don’t get this either.  You are right, the Siege of Mandalore was ~30 years before this episode.  We know that Kenobi and Maul were on Mandalore.  Ashoka is supposed to be on Mandalore during this as well.  I guess the upcoming season of The Clone Wars will fill all this in.  

I don’t get the lack of knowledge about the Jedi, either.  Is the universe so big vs even the hundreds/thousands of Jedi that they aren’t well known outside the core worlds?  Mandalorians and Jedi fought many wars, and the darksaber itself was made by a Mandalorian Jedi.   Are we to believe that all the Mandalorians in this show were exiles/ex pats that weren’t around Mandalore during the siege time period and only some knew of ancient myths?

Regarding Luke, did everyone know he was a Jedi and that was published far and wide?  Did people even know Palpatine was a Sith or even a force wielder?  Some seem to know about Vader but even then his own Imperial officers call it an “ancient religion” as if it was some sect from eons ago.   It’s all confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
How brilliant or lucky of Disney. Mando is an excellent replacement for Iron Man. The timing... Look at it!

SPOILERS NERDS 

So I thought the guy who helped him out of the hole as a kid was Boba Fett. Was I wrong?  Generations too late I imagine  

Did we ever figure out who was the guy in the desert with the spurs from a few episodes ago?

is the Mando actor the guy from that drug lord series on Netflix some time ago, about Pablo Escobar?  He’s been good. Also love the guy from Breaking Bad. 

this is the way 

Ahhhhh.  Otis you May be right he did look like that drug actor. Hard to tell with different hair and the blood booger. 

SPOILERS NERDS 

So I thought the guy who helped him out of the hole as a kid was Boba Fett. Was I wrong?  Generations too late I imagine  

Did we ever figure out who was the guy in the desert with the spurs from a few episodes ago?

is the Mando actor the guy from that drug lord series on Netflix some time ago, about Pablo Escobar?  He’s been good. Also love the guy from Breaking Bad. 

this is the way 
It likely wasn’t Boba Fett, who probably isn’t that much older than Mando in the timeline.  Looks like it was someone from the group Death Watch that rescued him.  They played a big role in the Clone Wars series

SPOILERS NERDS 

this is the way 
1. Wrong

2. Gus

3. yep, it’s Peter. 

4. Just realized you’re in my people I may know feed for the book of faces app, the hands have you away.

you're on an island here bro
Guess so,  and I am used to that around here.  I didn't know he was considered an elite director by the masses now. 

Mostly the comment was for preferring it to go the marvel style and having an overarching vision, but dont get in a rut of having the same director for a bunch of movies.  

Mostly the comment was for preferring it to go the marvel style and having an overarching vision, but dont get in a rut of having the same director for a bunch of movies.  
Well, I agree with that unless the Director is killing it.  See Christopher Nolan.

wowza...certainly on an island
Third one was an absolutely terrible movie, first was insanely boring and the second was really good. All took themselves way too serious, it’s a comic book movie not world war 2. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Third one was an absolutely terrible movie, first was insanely boring and the second was really good. All took themselves way too serious, it’s a comic book movie not world war 2. 
Agree 3rd was the weakest and was a bit scattered.  2nd was a masterpiece despite drawn out ending.

The Russo brothers directed Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War and End Game.

I'll take a rut like that any day :)
For sure.  Maybe if they are burnt out on Marvel, let them give Star Wars a go. 

It would get a little repetitive if they did them all though.  I really like having the different directors and styles of the other characters and movies.    I love Winter Soldier, but I dont think I want all the movies to have that tone and style.  

For sure.  Maybe if they are burnt out on Marvel, let them give Star Wars a go. 

It would get a little repetitive if they did them all though.  I really like having the different directors and styles of the other characters and movies.    I love Winter Soldier, but I dont think I want all the movies to have that tone and style.  
I was not advocating that they take on Star Wars, I was just giving a MCU example of where the same director can make plenty of good movies in a row. 

I prefer consistency in my story telling.  I want the story, writing style and directing style to have a similar look and feel, movie to movie, else we end up with a completely disjointed trilogy like we had when JJ and Johnson were working from completely different view points.  It did not feel like one story in the end as they kept retconning each other.

Apparently he is in the suit more this season. Was John Wayne’s grandson wearing it almost exclusively this one. Not sure if this is top secret or not ....
I read the only time it was exclusive was episode 4 since Pedro was in some broadway show. Other episodes it was split. 

Couple things. Moff Gideon must be a pretty bad dude to have that darksaber. The stormtrooper humor at the beginning was good. Mando being a daddy now is interesting. Glad to see Carl weathers with a recurring role. Baby Yoda is the cutest creature in the Galaxy

I hate Marvel and that style of film in general.

Give me a story teller like Jackson or Favreau any day of the week.
I thought the beginning of this episode, with the funny banter between the storm troopers, was hilarious, but also SO Favreau/Marvel-like.  Enjoyed it.

Why did the humor by the speeder bike guys work for everyone but Poes anyone there humor in 8 not?

I enjoyed both FWIW

The director of the episode was the same director as Thor Ragnarok. The humor was very similar in that it fit and didn't distract from the serious moments. 

Users who are viewing this thread