Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

37 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Also during the whole "leave me, I'm done for" bit, how did no one remember that baby Yoda just cured Carl Weathers the night before? 

"Shut up Mando, we'll just get you out of the line if fire for a minute and see if the kid can fix you up." 

Baby yoda’s force meter was depleted from defeating the fire stormtrooper. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

As further illustrated by his cute little wave to Carl Weathers on the barge. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Is he an utter badass, or does he just have basass armor?

If all you see is a guy with badass armor, you should try maybe focusing more on the screen rather than the ceiling from the incessant eye rolling that happens whenever you look at a display device. But, but, but, there are three or four shows you feel are not beneath you so that proves you don't dog every single thing you ever watch. Those 3 or 4 shows are the exceptions that prove the rule. Time to change the channel if all you see is a set of armor. Go hate watch something else. I only have time for 3 or 4 shows a year. This is one of them. I'd like to enjoy the discussion and not have to deal with the people torturing themselves watching a show they can't stand and then dogging everyone who is enjoying it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

And without that deft little move of film making, the helmet thing loses it's punch. 

I'm not a Star Wars fan but am 2 episodes in and enjoying this quite a bit.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Binge watched this

Didn't like the serial nature of each episode until the end.

Every episode it seemed he was backstabbed. 

Kind of hard to carry a series when you can't see the main character's face. 

Baby Yoda was cute and the droid was cool.

Overall I'd say b level show with great effects and action. Not really rewatchable.

Edited by shadyridr

C+.

Terrible dialogue and the serial episodes cause rushed pacing. The episode helping the villagers was the worst.

If it continues as 8 episodes for 30-45 minutes each I can stick around. Not too much of a time sink.

2 hours ago, TheFanatic said:

If all you see is a guy with badass armor, you should try maybe focusing more on the screen rather than the ceiling from the incessant eye rolling that happens whenever you look at a display device. But, but, but, there are three or four shows you feel are not beneath you so that proves you don't dog every single thing you ever watch. Those 3 or 4 shows are the exceptions that prove the rule. Time to change the channel if all you see is a set of armor. Go hate watch something else. I only have time for 3 or 4 shows a year. This is one of them. I'd like to enjoy the discussion and not have to deal with the people torturing themselves watching a show they can't stand and then dogging everyone who is enjoying it. 

Wow, sorry for asking a question.  

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Binge watched this

Didn't like the serial nature of each episode until the end.

Every episode it seemed he was backstabbed. 

Kind of hard to carry a series when you can't see the main character's face. 

Baby Yoda was cute and the droid was cool.

Overall I'd say b level show with great effects and action. Not really rewatchable.

Watched it three times already (last episode only twice - so far)

:bag:

Just a fun show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Koya said:

Watched it three times already (last episode only twice - so far)

:bag:

Just a fun show.

Yup, this is one of the very few shows I've ever rewatched multiple times.

Posted (edited)

On my first watch, just finished Ep 3. I hardly know a thing about SW worldbuilding outside of theatrical releases.

Baby Yoda is great and all and obv would take a blaster to the chest for them, but the Mandalorian religion is the best damn thing about this show.

Edited by hagmania
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just binge watched this over the last two days.

Storm trooper convo in the last episode was the best moment of the season hands down.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

We've seen what he can do.  So I'd say both.  I don't think there are many Mandalorians who wouldn't be considered badasses. 

The son and I haven't gotten to the last couple episodes, but we were talking about this and thought it was interesting that he wasn't some ultra badass that destroys everyone in site.  Seems like every episode he took some lumps and struggled.  Hence my question (again, I am sure more happens in the last 2).  

23 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The son and I haven't gotten to the last couple episodes, but we were talking about this and thought it was interesting that he wasn't some ultra badass that destroys everyone in site.  Seems like every episode he took some lumps and struggled.  Hence my question (again, I am sure more happens in the last 2).  

I mean, he's not Superman.  He's simply just a person who has been trained as a warrior his whole life.  Leonidas was a badass fighter who also got killed at the end.  These guys aren't superheroes.  They're just very good at fighting.  

4 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I mean, he's not Superman.  He's simply just a person who has been trained as a warrior his whole life.  Leonidas was a badass fighter who also got killed at the end.  These guys aren't superheroes.  They're just very good at fighting.  

And that for sure makes it more interesting.  I guess when I read "utter badass" my mind goes more to my description of mowing through everyone Taken style.  We just didn't quite get that from this character.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

And that for sure makes it more interesting.  I guess when I read "utter badass" my mind goes more to my description of mowing through everyone Taken style.  We just didn't quite get that from this character.  

No, he's definitely not that, GB.  They are elite fighters, but they are not invincible by any means.  I'm trying to think what he compares to in movies or TV but can't think off the top of my head.  I want to say like a Jackie Chan character without the silliness.  I mean, that dude is a badass in his movies, but he's also getting his butt kicked for half the movie.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

No, he's definitely not that, GB.  They are elite fighters, but they are not invincible by any means.  I'm trying to think what he compares to in movies or TV but can't think off the top of my head.  I want to say like a Jackie Chan character without the silliness.  I mean, that dude is a badass in his movies, but he's also getting his butt kicked for half the movie.  

John Wick?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Worm said:

John Wick?

Yeah, not sure how I missed that.  That's a perfect example.  John Wick is a badass but he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.  That's a great example.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

oh he's a badass, with his armor and gadgets and mostly his quick mind.   Its just a grittier version than your standard star wars/superhero movie star.  

its a great show, so glad they made it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Very fair point, I just took the term wrong, and like I said- it's more interesting with a vulnerable hero.   

Need to get these last couple episodes in before cutting Disney+. 

33 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Very fair point, I just took the term wrong, and like I said- it's more interesting with a vulnerable hero.   

Need to get these last couple episodes in before cutting Disney+. 

I may be way off base as I don't have the EU knowledge that others do but I'd liken the Mandalorian to the Unsullied, maybe even dothraki. Skillfully trained and certainly feared, but not necessarily unbeatable. 

10 hours ago, Worm said:

Just binge watched this over the last two days.

Storm trooper convo in the last episode was the best moment of the season hands down.

The director of the episode was the guy who did Thor Ragnorak, which was a really good and funny superhero movie.

8 hours ago, strykerpks said:

I may be way off base as I don't have the EU knowledge that others do but I'd liken the Mandalorian to the Unsullied, maybe even dothraki. Skillfully trained and certainly feared, but not necessarily unbeatable. 

They are the Star Wars Spartans to me. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who disliked the look of the darksaber CGI? And before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I enjoyed the season... this is a minor nitpick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -arcK- said:

Am I the only one who disliked the look of the darksaber CGI? And before anyone jumps down my throat, yes I enjoyed the season... this is a minor nitpick.

My first question is did you know what it was before this?  And that's not meant to be snarky.  I'm just wondering if you are familiar with the darksaber and don't like it.  

I'll have to go back and rewatch.  I was just so excited to see it, I didn't pay too much attention to it.  But I thought it looked good.  The key to the DS was that it almost looked like it had black cracks vibrating through it, for lack of a better description.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Enjoyed the series a lot.  For some reason I thought this season would be 10 episodes, so it was kind of sad the 8th one (which totally felt like a finale) was the final one.  I will miss that droid.

Only beef this season was the Bill Burr episode; the characters felt like 1-dimensional mercenary bad guys and the writing was bad.  I love Bill Burr but that was a really dumb episode.  Other than that, A+ work, will cancel & renew Disney+ for Mandalorian season2 after we finish up with the first 11 seasons or so of The Simpsons.  

Edited by ren hoek

11 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

My first question is did you know what it was before this?  And that's not meant to be snarky.  I'm just wondering if you are familiar with the darksaber and don't like it.  

I'll have to go back and rewatch.  I was just so excited to see it, I didn't pay too much attention to it.  But I thought it looked good.  The key to the DS was that it almost looked like it had black cracks vibrating through it, for lack of a better description.  

I had seen it a number of times in artwork and comic book shots but admittedly didn't know the story behind it. I just thought it looked incredibly fake and it was distracting enough to throw me out of suspension of disbelief for a moment.

I would have preferred that they tone it down from previous depictions and give it a more  "real-world" look, instead of an in-your-face jarring CGI effect. Although to be fair, maybe they did that purposely so fans would not have to speculate. Either way, like I said it's just a minor nitpick. I still enjoyed the show overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen it in the other media (yet) but had heard about it.  Thought it looked awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Enjoyed the series a lot.  For some reason I thought this season would be 10 episodes, so it was kind of sad the 8th one (which totally felt like a finale) was the final one.  I will miss that droid.

Only beef this season was the Bill Burr episode; the characters felt like 1-dimensional mercenary bad guys and the writing was bad.  I love Bill Burr but that was a really dumb episode.  Other than that, A+ work, will cancel & renew Disney+ for Mandalorian season2 after we finish up with the first 11 seasons or so of The Simpsons.  

I thought that was probably the best episode of the season, and the X-wings at the end were the icing on the cake.

They are trying to get the Mando director to direct the new Star Wars film

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

They are trying to get the Mando director to direct the new Star Wars film

Jon Favreau?  Or is someone else the actual director and he's just like the Executive Director?  I honestly don't know how Hollywood works.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, ren hoek said:

Lol I liked that episode alot.  It was in the top 3 of 8 for me

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

$350 -Life size baby Yoda - Pre-Order

ABOUT THIS LIFE-SIZE FIGURE

“I would like to see the baby.” 

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy’s most sought-after bounty. 

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ‘Baby Yoda’, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars™: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5” tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian’s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest™ in its right hand. 

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy’s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

• Like 1

Remember how we were comparing the special effects between The Mandalorian and GOT? And debating which was better?

TIL that they SPX for both are done by the same company. JEM FX. :lol:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Remember how we were comparing the special effects between The Mandalorian and GOT? And debating which was better?

TIL that they SPX for both are done by the same company. JEM FX. :lol:

They must be the discount f/x done by college interns.  :P

Sorry gents. 

Replied to a buddy on these forums to "not feed into the trolling and help keep the fbg political board open" when the powers were threatening to shutdown that forum... and I was given the entire football season off for that posting.

Updated the Mando title.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Thanks 1

Probably the most overrated series in the last 10 years.  What a let down.

Edited by matuski
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Sorry gents. 

Replied to a buddy on these forums to "not feed into the trolling and help keep the fbg political board open" when the powers were threatening to shutdown that forum... and I was given the entire football season off.

Updated the Mando title.

That's how this place is now and why a lot of people have either left or rarely come around. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

That's how this place is now and why a lot of people have either left or rarely come around. 

I received a TO for replying “I paid good money for this hooker”

Way toooooo many snowflakes sitting at the big table

• Like 5

On 1/30/2020 at 11:19 AM, LAUNCH said:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

$350 -Life size baby Yoda - Pre-Order

ABOUT THIS LIFE-SIZE FIGURE

“I would like to see the baby.” 

Sideshow presents The Child Life-Size Figure, created in partnership with Legacy Effects to bring you the galaxy’s most sought-after bounty. 

Lovingly referred to by audiences as ‘Baby Yoda’, the mysterious alien known as The Child has quickly become the breakout fan-favorite of Star Wars™: The Mandalorian on Disney+. Now eager collectors can become a clan of two and bring home the asset as an incredible 1:1 scale Star Wars collectible, no tracking fob needed.

The Child Life-Size Figure measures 16.5” tall, standing on a simple black podium base that lets this adorable alien steal all of the focus- along with the Mandalorian’s ship parts. Inspired by its unique onscreen appearance, this mixed media statue features a tan fabric coat swaddling The Child as it gazes up with charming wide eyes, hiding the silver shift knob from the Razor Crest™ in its right hand. 

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet. Fans looking to bring home The Mandalorian collectibles need look no further- bounty hunting is a complicated profession but collecting the galaxy’s cutest alien has never been easier!

Secure the asset for your Star Wars figures collection and bring home The Child Life-Size Figure today.

Looks like they are shipping right around the time season 2 comes out.  Sure to sell out just in time for the christmas rush and fetch $1000 on ebay

On 11/20/2019 at 3:12 PM, TheIronSheik said:

I didn't see Grizzly Man, but I do watch a bunch of documentaries so maybe that's how I know his voice.  When they showed the trailer, as soon as I heard him talking I was like, "OOooo!  I know that voice!"  Then they showed him and I was like :confused:.

He sold April and Andy their house on Parks and Rec

On 11/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, [scooter] said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He tracked down their camp and started shooting nonthreatening Jawas indiscriminately.

It was a startling moment for a show that advertises itself as being appropriate for kids.

(And I get that the Mandalorian is supposed to be some kind of immoral mercenary who will do whatever it takes to accomplish his task, yada yada yoda. But it was just a bit disturbing to see that kind of killing in the SW universe. I can't recall another incident in which a main character*  committed what essentially amounts to an act of murder, and then gets away with it. I guess it happened in Rogue One, but those guys didn't really get away with it because they all eventually died.)

*hero/protagonist/good guy/etc.

Han shot first

• Like 4