Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2020 at 11:29 AM, TheIronSheik said:

My first question is did you know what it was before this?  And that's not meant to be snarky.  I'm just wondering if you are familiar with the darksaber and don't like it.  

I'll have to go back and rewatch.  I was just so excited to see it, I didn't pay too much attention to it.  But I thought it looked good.  The key to the DS was that it almost looked like it had black cracks vibrating through it, for lack of a better description.  

I watched the Madalorian first and then used my Disney plus to finally watch rebels.  I picked up on it being potentially the same but didn’t think it before I read about it here.

 

S Wren - I would

Edited by The Ref
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, NewlyRetired said:

by the way, I want to give a shout out to Ming Na.

Still looking fabulous and doing all her own fight scenes/stunts at the age of 56.  

Seriously, is she human? She looks the same as when she was on ER.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Han shot first

Happens to the best of us, occasionally.  Usually corrects itself during round 2 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I binged watched this in the last week or so. I had heard about baby Yoda  and thought the show was set 900 years or so before ANH. This left me a bit confused for a while. I will probably rewatch again soon. I liked the series a lot. I don't see how you could like Star Wars and not enjoy this. I went through the whole thread and most of the complaints are valid. However Star Wars has always had a fair bit of cheesey.

 

Seems to me that it has to be a Yoda clone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

So I binged watched this in the last week or so. I had heard about baby Yoda  and thought the show was set 900 years or so before ANH. This left me a bit confused for a while. I will probably rewatch again soon. I liked the series a lot. I don't see how you could like Star Wars and not enjoy this. I went through the whole thread and most of the complaints are valid. However Star Wars has always had a fair bit of cheesey.

 

Seems to me that it has to be a Yoda clone. 

Kuiil did not seem to think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 6:57 PM, Drunken Cowboy said:

Based on it was too ugly 

Yes. But he worked in the clone departments. Or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who bears a fair resemblance to Kuill. He hasn't seen the show, but when I showed him a pic on my phone he was like "Holy ####!"

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney had their earnings call and CEO Iger said that season 2 returns in October. 

Also, Iger also hinted there could be additional spin-off series based on characters introduced in the First Season

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A long article about how they pulled off the shoot. It gets geeky, but it all about how they didn't use blue or green screens. Rather they used an LED wall to insert the backgrounds in a cost effective manner. 

 

https://ascmag.com/articles/the-mandalorian?utm_source=Benedict's+Newsletter&utm_campaign=f7e392ef2f-Benedict's+Newsletter+324&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4999ca107f-f7e392ef2f-71047317&mc_cid=f7e392ef2f&mc_eid=ca91b269e2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an article (didn't read it because I didn't feel like turning of my ad blocker) that said there are going to be a lot of epic lightsaber battles in season 2.  

Not sure if this is just with the Darksaber, or if someone with another lightsaber will join the cast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Rosario Dawson is set to play Ahsoka Tano in The Mandalorian Season 2!  :)

That’s pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

That was the spoiler I have been holding onto for a while. 

Appreciate that but there was a zero % chance of that not getting out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

That was the spoiler I have been holding onto for a while. 

I thought they wrapped filming though. Did they do so without the news getting out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Appreciate that but there was a zero % chance of that not getting out 

Yes but I was told the first day she was on set and offered up if anyone wanted a PM.  I told my friend not to tell me anything else though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

I thought they wrapped filming though. Did they do so without the news getting out?

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Yes. 

Amazing they were able to keep that a secret. Awesome. Cannot wait for season 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

Amazing they were able to keep that a secret. Awesome. Cannot wait for season 2. 

I just went back and looked — I posted January 17. That was near when she first was on-set so it stayed out of the public for about 60 days. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bagger said:

That’s pretty cool.

Am I correct in thinking that she will be the first character in the series to have interacted with Yoda himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is season 2 dropping? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perfect card for any occasion! 
 

I use LovePop for lots of stuff. The Gf LOVES them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I just went back and looked — I posted January 17. That was near when she first was on-set so it stayed out of the public for about 60 days. 

Honestly incredible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to finally watch star wars clone wars after trying a few times. 

I found the correct order to watch it in. Some much more enjoyable already and Im only at the movie. It makes sense now. 

Figured I have a ton of time. after clone wars, its rebels time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Capella said:

Honestly incredible 

I mean they kept Baby Yoda a secret until it aired, even so far as not producing toys.  These guys run as tight a ship on preventing leaks as anyone ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Decided to finally watch star wars clone wars after trying a few times. 

I found the correct order to watch it in. Some much more enjoyable already and Im only at the movie. It makes sense now. 

Figured I have a ton of time. after clone wars, its rebels time. 

Rebels is good too.

Stay away from Resistance unless really desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Decided to finally watch star wars clone wars after trying a few times. 

I found the correct order to watch it in. Some much more enjoyable already and Im only at the movie. It makes sense now. 

Figured I have a ton of time. after clone wars, its rebels time. 

I've been watching the Clone Wars in its original order.  It's not exactly riveting, but I find it entertaining enough.  Looking forward to finally catching up with the new season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosario Dawson rumored to be playing Ashoka Tano in Mandalorian Season 2.  Would be a great cast for the first attempt at live action for Ashoka. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Insein said:

Rosario Dawson rumored to be playing Ashoka Tano in Mandalorian Season 2.  Would be a great cast for the first attempt at live action for Ashoka. 

...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I mean they kept Baby Yoda a secret until it aired, even so far as not producing toys.  These guys run as tight a ship on preventing leaks as anyone ever.

My friend actually never even told me about baby yoda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched this again with my kids over the last several days.

Scooby-doo meets star wars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, matuski said:

Watched this again with my kids over the last several days.

Scooby-doo meets star wars.

 

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Capella said:

Emmy nominated for......Best Drama :eek: 

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My son and I finally watched this. It's really good escapist entertainment. Markedly better than the last 6 (7?) movies. It'll be great to have Ashoka Tano join the story, she's probably my second most favorite Star Wars character after Solo.

We also watched Resistance - that's the worst Star Wars t.v. series I've seen. It's like they purposely cast people with the most annoying voices possible. And the portrayal of the main character as an absolute clown makes the whole thing eye rollingly bad.

Edited by Gr00vus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

We also watched Resistance - that's the worst Star Wars t.v. series I've seen. It's like they purposely cast people with the most annoying voices possible. And the portrayal of the main character as an absolute clown makes the whole thing eye rollingly bad.

My often wants to watch Resistance with me... I am usually able to convince him to watch something else - he still likes it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jaysus said:

My often wants to watch Resistance with me... I am usually able to convince him to watch something else - he still likes it though

My son enjoyed it too. It's very much directed at a certain age range. I thought Clone Wars and Rebels were really good, so I was surprised at how annoying Resistance was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Gallery" series on D+ (behind the scenes with several directors) was really cool, especially when they got into some of the FX technologies

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

The "Gallery" series on D+ (behind the scenes with several directors) was really cool, especially when they got into some of the FX technologies

It's insane. Just amazing stuff. We're currently working on building a photogrammetry set here at our studio. It might take a year. But it's definitely the future of how this is going to get done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Walking Boot said:

It's insane. Just amazing stuff. We're currently working on building a photogrammetry set here at our studio. It might take a year. But it's definitely the future of how this is going to get done.

Yeah I wasn't completely following what they were describing all the time, but after hearing Adam Savage (ILM veteran) raving about the show on his podcast, I had to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

The "Gallery" series on D+ (behind the scenes with several directors) was really cool, especially when they got into some of the FX technologies

These were awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

The "Gallery" series on D+ (behind the scenes with several directors) was really cool, especially when they got into some of the FX technologies

Loved it, couldn't believe how cool that tech was. Looked perfect to me onscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Psychopav said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Depends, are you 9 or 45?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, Gr00vus said:

My son and I finally watched this. It's really good escapist entertainment. Markedly better than the last 6 (7?) movies.

Rogue One was a fantastic movie

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.