What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (6 Viewers)

what's this now?

i'm trying to get into clone wars.  struggling.  i'm on episode 497 of season one.  man! there are a lot of them.  there isn't much story arc yet.  it's just annakin, doing whatever he wants, on a bunch of solo missions.  i have met asoka, so that made the mandalorian episode, much better.  
I'm going through the whole series as well.  I don't see much point in skipping around as recommended, that's not how it aired.

I did watch some of it when it was originally on when my boys were young and we'd occasionally watch it.  So far, not great (a little over half way through season 1), but I can see it getting better.

I think as far as The Clone Wars show goes; I think you can skip around and not watch everything if you're looking for a specific thread(be it the theme of humanizing the Clones, Mandalore, the ineffectiveness of the Jedi Council, what makes Obi-Wan the GOAT Jedi, Darth Maul etc. etc.) 

I guess that's what I'm not understanding.  You mean they created and released a show that didn't make sense?  Like I'd watch in release order and not be able to follow anything, or just those episodes will go back and fill in some of the blanks?
I watched them in order and it never occurred to me that things might be out of order sequentially or anything like that. It was a pretty casual, quick watch for me though. 

Yea, I hated Asoka at first, but she turned into a great character.  
That's why she's a fan favorite. She was an annoying, cocky punk of a Jedi that thought she was the best at everything. She was really talented but she took her fair share of lumps and losses. Over time she grew as a person and the fanbase appreciated that. 

My Facebook is out of control with the “is so and so coming”..... 

I've seen Thrawn, Revan, Luke, Malak Just to name a few

That's why she's a fan favorite. She was an annoying, cocky punk of a Jedi that thought she was the best at everything. She was really talented but she took her fair share of lumps and losses. Over time she grew as a person and the fanbase appreciated that. 
Yea.  Part of it for me is that I didn't want some new character shoe-horned into the story just to sell toys and have someone younger for kids to connect with.  Luckily they developed her and the stories over time.  

This is not based on any inside information:

I think there will be an Ahsoka series, with Sabine Wren, where they are searching for Ezra in the unknown regions and they discover the First Order.  Filoni said the other day that the end of Rebels was not necessarily right after ROJ.  I think that it actually takes place in the current Mando timeframe -- after this or next season. 

This is not based on any inside information:

I think there will be an Ahsoka series, with Sabine Wren, where they are searching for Ezra in the unknown regions and they discover the First Order.  Filoni said the other day that the end of Rebels was not necessarily right after ROJ.  I think that it actually takes place in the current Mando timeframe -- after this or next season. 
I agree. I think an Ashoka series is almost 100% at this point, and that storyline would make sense. They’ll wrap up Thrawn and Ezra’s stories in there imo. 

Finally got around to starting S2. S2E1 did not grip me like a lot of S1's charm, but S2E2 pulled me riiiiiiiiiiight back in. Good show.

Enjoying Season 2 more than Season 1, which I found to be meh. In my opinion, more focus on the longer-term story arc regarding the Kid and the lore of the Jedi/Empire/Madalorian culture results in a far better product than 1-off 'A-Team' type episodes, which I find quite mundane.

Also: the improvement this year really makes me hungrier for the long-rumored Obi-Wan series. Really hope it happens.

Enjoying Season 2 more than Season 1, which I found to be meh. In my opinion, more focus on the longer-term story arc regarding the Kid and the lore of the Jedi/Empire/Madalorian culture results in a far better product than 1-off 'A-Team' type episodes, which I find quite mundane.

Also: the improvement this year really makes me hungrier for the long-rumored Obi-Wan series. Really hope it happens.
And, perhaps, a boba Fett?

I started watching The Clone Wars this week. 20 minute episodes go by pretty fast. It’s not hard for me to fit in a couple a day. I just finished season 1. The graphics and storylines steadily improved, I thought. Graphics were pretty rough at the start, but by the end of season 1 it’s looking pretty good. Sounds like it continues to improve throughout the series 

:pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:

I read the other day that the obi wan series starts filming next month. 

I wasn’t sure about bringing Fett back but that was good. It was nice to see him be awesome instead of just being told how awesome he is. 

I was sure we were going to see that mystery Jedi this season but seems unlikely now. Maybe in the final — seems like they will spend most of the next two episodes getting a team together to then go and rescue baby yoda. 

I wasn’t sure about bringing Fett back but that was good. It was nice to see him be awesome instead of just being told how awesome he is. 

I was sure we were going to see that mystery Jedi this season but seems unlikely now. Maybe in the final — seems like they will spend most of the next two episodes getting a team together to then go and rescue baby yoda. 
Yeah Fett was great. Not sure I want him to be a good guy though. Hope he does it dirty. 

Last week's episode was easily the best one we've seen, and this week topped it.

I absolutely love that Fett is back in the mix. Not so much because I like the character (who doesn't), but because it signals to me Favreau and the other creative minds behind the show are willing to go wherever the eff they want with this show.

Boba Fett died in ROTJ, but everyone knows he is a fan favorite. I can hear these people sitting around a table debating whether they can get away with bringing him back, and they decided 'well, nobody actually saw him die, and it would be super cool, so why not just explain it away?'. I grant that thinking like that can get them into dangerous ground if they go too far, but I'd rather see them take chances than watch endless episodes of Mando getting in weekly adventures that get conveniently wrapped up in 45 minutes of screen time.

I love the world building and continuation. Little remnants of the empire floating around out there after what happened in episode 6. I do wish the episodes were a little longer so we could get more background on this kind of stuff. 

Thought last week's episode was the best yet. Just got eclipsed by this latest release.

Like the insight everyone has provided here lately  :suds:

:banned:

Fett never confirmed dead.  Always rumors he survived the sarlac.
Star Wars loves the fall off into something deep and never see the body at the bottom type of "death"

The Emperor, Darth Maul, Han Solo, Mace Windu, Boba etc

Star Wars loves the fall off into something deep and never see the body at the bottom type of "death"

The Emperor, Darth Maul, Han Solo, Mace Windu, Boba etc
Bob's Fett survived the Sarlaac in the books. He activated a thermal detonator inside the Sarlaac and killed it. Dengar helped him get out afterwards. 

This is not anything new to the Star Wars world

The Emperor already die in Jedi and came back

Darth Maul already die in Phantom Menace and came back

Rey died in Rise of Skywalker and came back (almost immediately)
I am just waiting for Mace Windu to answer Grogu's force phone call now forcing Boba Fatt to work with him :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread