What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (4 Viewers)

I’m assuming they want the overall plot to align with a future movie to build off the success of the show. I’m not really surprised they don’t have it all worked out yet
Didn't Disney already try this with Agents of Shield and the Marvel movies?  If I recall they gave up on it because it was way too difficult and also they killed the ratings of the show while they were stringing it along holding back plot details until the next movie came out.

Didn't Disney already try this with Agents of Shield and the Marvel movies?  If I recall they gave up on it because it was way too difficult and also they killed the ratings of the show while they were stringing it along holding back plot details until the next movie came out.
Plus there's no plans for any movies in that time frame right now. Would be silly to hold up the show waiting for them to write one. 

If they had something in mind and could pull it off, cool. 

IIRC the Marvel TV folks were a separate unit from the Marvel Movie group, and they had trouble coordinating and seeing eye to eye on things. I think I read they brought them under the same umbrella now to reduce that internal friction. 

No spoilers.  I'm starting to regret taking part in this thread at this point.  Not everyone can watch these episodes the day it comes out.

Different strokes yada yada. I can get the discussion about thin plots etc. but I thought each episode has looked great. 
We aren't going to agree here, and that's ok. I thought a couple in the "crew" in episode 6 looked like Buffy bad guys.  Just compared to other shows out there, I scratch my head with this one- especially after seeing rumors of what the budget supposedly is.  

We aren't going to agree here, and that's ok. I thought a couple in the "crew" in episode 6 looked like Buffy bad guys.  Just compared to other shows out there, I scratch my head with this one- especially after seeing rumors of what the budget supposedly is.  
Not to derail the conversation, but Buffy is the show I always point to when people think a big budget is needed in good fantasy story telling.  Buffy had a laughably low budget and Whedon still spun pure gold out of it.  Good writing trumps good effects.  Obviously having both is wonderful (which is what GOT had in seasons 2-6ish).

That was awesome. I’ve really enjoyed the slow play the first 6 episodes, but even if you didn’t I’d think this one makes the payoff worth it. 

We got some plot yo!

Best episode so far and I was enjoying what they gave us. But finally some consequences and a threat. Let's do this 

Marvel won't even tell the actors the full plot. They weren't about the share with others outside those who truly need to know. 

There’s a lot of SW stuff that has arguably been mismanaged by Disney, but I don’t believe it is even a little bit plausible that they just failed foresee that baby Yoda would move a lot of merchandise.  Whether the surprise was worth the lost merchandising revenue is another question, but there’s no question it was one that was considered. 
I agree with this. Check out the Disney store, they have Mandalorian merch other than baby Yoda plush toys.  It probably has to do more with time required for safety testing and wanting to keep it secret than anything. 

Disney DID completely whiff on a Start Wars merchandising opportunity, but I believe this one this was intentional.  Where they REALLY screwed up is not having a merchandising focus for the Crystal Critters from TLJ. My daughter would have given anything for a stuffed animal, a shirt, a pin even, at Christmas after that movie came out, but there was ZERO merch available with those tinkly foxes. And I looked all over...

I have to think they've got Favreau in mind for a movie at some point down the line, no?

Pretty standard for show threads I thought. Don't open until you are ready to.
Yeah, and honestly I think everyone's been doing a pretty amazing job to wait at least one day to post any actual spoilers.  Usually on the day an episode comes out, people will just say things like "So good" or "That episode was terrible and the Star Wars Universe is now ruined forever and I hope everyone at Disney rots in hell for eternity along with all of their family members and their friends and their friends' friends."  Just standard stuff like that.

Listening to a podcast and I'm way behind on even that (story of my life, really.  I still have like 5 episodes of Survivor on my DVR.)  but they mentioned that Favreau spoke with Lucas before mapping out the story and the biggest takeaway Jon got from George was that Star Wars was made for 12 year olds to enjoy the most.  And it's great if other age groups enjoy it but they are not the main focus.  

The ending of this last episode was shocking to me.  Not sure if we can talk spoilers yet.  But I can honestly say I did not see that coming.  Felt like a hacky Hollywood trope at first.  Did not end that way.

The ending of this last episode was shocking to me.  Not sure if we can talk spoilers yet.  But I can honestly say I did not see that coming.  Felt like a hacky Hollywood trope at first.  Did not end that way.
Yea it was the most startling thing so far. Intriguing though. I'm wondering how my 8 year old will handle it. 

Yea it was the most startling thing so far. Intriguing though. I'm wondering how my 8 year old will handle it. 
I'm going to say we can speak spoilers at this point.  It's over 24 hours.

Do we think he's really dead?  I was sure this was the episode where we were getting "the crew" together.  Hell, at one point, they had a line that almost mimicked Rick and Morty's lampooning of these types of things.  She just needed to add, "You son of a #####" before she said, "I'm in." :lol:

I thought the droid was gonna show up and save Nick Nolte and the kid. 

i have to say, while I like that baby Yoda isn’t cgi, whenever someone’s holding him or like when the stormtrooper picked him up, it seems like they are handling an inanimate toy. 

I thought the droid was gonna show up and save Nick Nolte and the kid. 

i have to say, while I like that baby Yoda isn’t cgi, whenever someone’s holding him or like when the stormtrooper picked him up, it seems like they are handling an inanimate toy. 
Yeah, I thought IG- whatever was going to save him, too.  Kind of give him that sense of "maybe he is good?", but still allow for maybe he's not.

I don't think he's dead but he's definitely in a bad spot. Makes for an interesting season finale.

I know they won't, but if they kill off Baby Yoda in the finale, that would make this the most WTF finale character death since Ned Stark.  The resulting uproar and the memes would break the internet far more than Kim Kardashian's ### did.  

I know they won't, but if they kill off Baby Yoda in the finale, that would make this the most WTF finale character death since Ned Stark.  The resulting uproar and the memes would break the internet far more than Kim Kardashian's ### did.  
Yea zero percent chance of that happening.

BTW, did anyone mention that he has force choke?  Isn't that a Sith power?   :confused:
Nah it's just a force power. Luke did it in Jedi. It's the same as push or pull. Just manipulating the force around you physically. Only the intent makes it evil. He thought Mando was in trouble so he defended him. 

Nah it's just a force power. Luke did it in Jedi. It's the same as push or pull. Just manipulating the force around you physically. Only the intent makes it evil. He thought Mando was in trouble so he defended him. 
Not that I'm doubting you, but who did Luke do it to?  I'm old and forget things.

Honestly, I'm basing my knowledge of it off of KOTOR.  I believe if you chose to go down the 'bad' path, you could use force choke.  But it wasn't an option on the 'good' path. :shrug:

I do love how we get to see just how big the galaxy is.  A kid from Tatooine has a mystical force that he uses to overthrow the Empire and not only does no one on that planet know anything about him.  But no one has even seen the force used.  Up until now, I had always just assumed that the force was something that was pretty prevalent throughout the galaxy.  But apparently it's not very well known at all.  I like that bit of info. 

Not that I'm doubting you, but who did Luke do it to?  I'm old and forget things.

Honestly, I'm basing my knowledge of it off of KOTOR.  I believe if you chose to go down the 'bad' path, you could use force choke.  But it wasn't an option on the 'good' path. :shrug:
The gamorean guards at jabbas palace when he first entered.

Obi-Wan lived as a hermit on Tatooine for a few decades...odds are high that he force choked the ol' chicken on occasion.  

Healing is a KOTOR light side power :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread