What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (3 Viewers)

Some pretty funny moments:

Cara Dune: “He alright up there alone?”

Mando: “Yeah.”

30 seconds later...Baby Yoda nearly crashes the ship

Greed Karga: “Nothing can go wrong.”...instantly attacked by pterodactyls

Some pretty funny moments:

Cara Dune: “He alright up there alone?”

Mando: “Yeah.”

30 seconds later...Baby Yoda nearly crashes the ship

Greed Karga: “Nothing can go wrong.”...instantly attacked by pterodactyls
I find myself cracking up at a lot of things in this show.  It's subtle humor.  My favorite was when Mando was telling Baby Yoda that the instrument on the ship wasn't a toy and not to touch it.  And Baby Yoda looked at him and slowly started reaching for it.  :lol:

I find myself cracking up at a lot of things in this show.  It's subtle humor.  My favorite was when Mando was telling Baby Yoda that the instrument on the ship wasn't a toy and not to touch it.  And Baby Yoda looked at him and slowly started reaching for it.  :lol:
One of my favorite parts of the series so far was when the droid is about to shoot Baby Yoda in Ep. 6, and Yoda starts move his hand like he's doing a force power.  Then the droid's head explodes, and Yoda looks at his hand for a second like, "whoa, what did I just do?"

P.S. new tie fighter was dope AF
Right.  Forgot about that.  When it started to collapse its wings, I was like, "That seems new."  

I feel like my old, ADHD brain has trouble remembering what time period we're in on this show.

Right.  Forgot about that.  When it started to collapse its wings, I was like, "That seems new."  

I feel like my old, ADHD brain has trouble remembering what time period we're in on this show.
That was a pretty badass way to make an entrance. 

Also, I am wondering if Moff Fring is some sort of inquisitor who was trained in the force, but never really mastered it and is looking for someone to be his plus one in his new Sith sammich? 

Hey, also, who was Werner talking to?  I know he said a name but I didn't catch it and wasn't sure if we were supposed to know who that was.  Was it Fring and I just totally missed that connection?

Ahsoka did it in Clone Wars too. 
In the same scene, Ahsoka also stops her friend from using the force choke to kill saying it is not the Jedi way.

Lucas's original idea for Return of the Jedi was to be much more focused on Luke' struggle with turning to the dark side.  Much of this was lost due to the time Lucas gave to the Ewoks but some of the tidbits were left in like Luke using the force choke and dressing head to toe in black.

I think it is fair to say that the force choke is usually more associated with the dark side.  The wookiepedia even mentions that it is actually forbidden to be used by Jedi.

Not that Baby Yoda knows anything about this but Favreau is more of a Star Wars nerd than all of us put together so who knows why he chose to put that in.  Very fun though :)

In the same scene, Ahsoka also stops her friend from using the force choke to kill saying it is not the Jedi way.

Lucas's original idea for Return of the Jedi was to be much more focused on Luke' struggle with turning to the dark side.  Much of this was lost due to the time Lucas gave to the Ewoks but some of the tidbits were left in like Luke using the force choke and dressing head to toe in black.

I think it is fair to say that the force choke is usually more associated with the dark side.  The wookiepedia even mentions that it is actually forbidden to be used by Jedi.

Not that Baby Yoda knows anything about this but Favreau is more of a Star Wars nerd than all of us put together so who knows why he chose to put that in.  Very fun though :)
Yup.  I was just about to say that wookiepedia says it's a dark force.  

Which, if any of the three happens in the last episode this season?

1) baby yoda speaks

2) Pascal shows his face to the camera

3) Mando gets an on screen name (Pascal has said the characters name in an interview but I don't think it has been said in the series yet).

1) baby yoda speaks

3) Mando gets an on screen name (Pascal has said the characters name in an interview but I don't think it has been said in the series yet).
I'd say #3.

NewlyRetired said:

1) baby yoda speaks

None of the above 

Definitely was not expecting kuiil to die. Hopefully he isn't dead. 

Really liking Gina / Cara. Took me a while to recognize her as Angel dust. That's disappointing as it probably means she won't play a larger role in a Marvel movie.  

NewlyRetired said:

I trust Favreau's judgement on where he's going with it. 

It's about time for Mando to realize Baby Yoda is able to understand much of what's said around him even if he is unable to communicate.

Ep 7 is great, even if predictable. Baby Yoda is a stone cold killer. The ending, what a great entrance for Gus. Seems like a big mess for Mando, not sure how he's getting out of it alive

We aren't going to agree here, and that's ok. I thought a couple in the "crew" in episode 6 looked like Buffy bad guys.  Just compared to other shows out there, I scratch my head with this one- especially after seeing rumors of what the budget supposedly is.  
There are other shows and other threads. You ranked the show as below average. Time to change the channel and move on. At this point you can say that you are in it for the nostalgia, but really you're just hate watching. We get it. You're too cool for this low brow stuff. That's fine. Go find that high brow stuff worthy of your time and let is mouth breathers enjoy our drivel. 

HOLY CRAP!

That was amazing!  And anyone who says there was no story for season 1 is sorely mistaken.  I literally was left a couple of times with my mouth wide open in amazement.

Obviously no spoilers today, but I can't wait to go back and rewatch this season.

I hope that Disney bucks the trend of having seasons come out every 2 years or so.  I hope we get season 2 this fall.  Or sooner.  

HOLY CRAP!

That was amazing!  And anyone who says there was no story for season 1 is sorely mistaken.  I literally was left a couple of times with my mouth wide open in amazement.

Obviously no spoilers today, but I can't wait to go back and rewatch this season.

I hope that Disney bucks the trend of having seasons come out every 2 years or so.  I hope we get season 2 this fall.  Or sooner.  
Oh wow, it's out already??  Hmm.  I'll need to find some time today to watch this...

HOLY CRAP!

Filming now. 

After this season is over, there will be zero original content on Disney+ that I'm interested in.  Considering their library is already minuscule compared Netflix and Amazon, they really need to come out with more shows and with a new Mandalorian season pretty quickly.  I'm cancelling my subscription so I have until about mid-January left.  I'll renew when they have more content available, but I'm not holding my breathe that it will be anytime soon.

After this season is over, there will be zero original content on Disney+ that I'm interested in.  Considering their library is already minuscule compared Netflix and Amazon, they really need to come out with more shows and with a new Mandalorian season pretty quickly.  I'm cancelling my subscription so I have until about mid-January left.  I'll renew when they have more content available, but I'm not holding my breathe that it will be anytime soon.
I’d be doing the same if I didn’t have kids.  There is a ton of content coming down the pipe, but the next 6 months are pretty light I think. 

That was some of the best Star Wars I’ve seen in a while. I haven’t geeked out that hard since “The Lawless” episode of The Clone Wars.  

This show is amazing. Wasn't perfect. Some simplified things happening to keep the show moving but overall this was a great finale to set up a larger adventure. 

Great call by @TheIronSheik on the dark saber. Was wondering if they would try to Fit it in and there it was. 

Loved it. The opening sequence was hilarious. 

I guess I don’t understand how nobody has ever heard of Jedi before?  Why was the Mandalorian leader resorting to ancient folklore to explain who they were?  Weren’t the Jedi leading the republic’s forces in the clone wars, only like 30ish years before this all took place? Plus I imagine Luke was a recent and widely known hero of the rebellion/new republic.

Loved it. The opening sequence was hilarious. 

I guess I don’t understand how nobody has ever heard of Jedi before?  Why was the Mandalorian leader resorting to ancient folklore to explain who they were?  Weren’t the Jedi leading the republic’s forces in the clone wars, only like 30ish years before this all took place? Plus I imagine Luke was a recent and widely known hero of the rebellion/new republic.
Totally agree.  :moneybag:

So Mando is going to be heading out to look for “Jedi wizards” to connect baby yoda to? Who is left at this time period? Just Luke? Ezra from Rebels is missing. 

So Mando is going to be heading out to look for “Jedi wizards” to connect baby yoda to? Who is left at this time period? Just Luke? Ezra from Rebels is missing. 
Well in the Disney Canon, it's pretty wide open. I guess we could possibly have a live action Ashoka finally. She should still be around in hiding.

HOLY CRAP!

Really good season.  Fall 2020 for season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread