What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (3 Viewers)

It started off great and it ended great, but there was a lot of bad in the middle.

1. The blurrg bronco-busting was stupid and pointless. The CGI was awful. I have spoken.

2. How much demand could there be for a taxi stand in the middle of nowhere on an ice planet?

3. Why wouldn't landspeeders on an ice planet have enclosed passenger compartments?

4. What's up with the tracker fobs? Does everyone on every planet get a tracking chip implanted at birth?

Yeah the tracker fobs are dumb.  They could have came up with some better bounty hunting tactics than that.  Seems lazy

need2know said:
Yeah the tracker fobs are dumb.  They could have came up with some better bounty hunting tactics than that.  Seems lazy
One of those things I just go with. It’s dumb if you talk it out but needed for the show. 

It looked awesome, they need to get some Star Wars background music though.

It's going to be a good show.  Not a bad pilot episode.  Been waiting 40 years for something like this.  It's about damn time.  Here Disney, take my money imo.

I know. I get why they are doing it but if all episodes were available I would have knocked them out in two nights. 
Yup.  I mentioned it in another thread (I think), but a lot of the newer streaming services have said they will go back to releasing them like shows now.  They didn't like the fact that a season could take 1 1/2 to make, then they put it out and everyone watches it all in one night.  Then the next day, Twitter is on fire asking when the "new" season will be out.

TheIronSheik said:
Oh, and when I saw Nick Nolte's name in the credits, I can honestly say I didn't know who he was.  Which character was he?  I looked up in IMDB but didn't recognize the name.  Was he the guy who taught him how to ride?  Because that guy looked like Jax's dad from SOA.  
I have spoken.

It looked awesome, they need to get some Star Wars background music though.

It's going to be a good show.  Not a bad pilot episode.  Been waiting 40 years for something like this.  It's about damn time.  Here Disney, take my money imo.
Agreed. It needs some John Williams score. 

Watched it with my son and we both thought it was great. That IG-droid was as good as anything I've seen in the Star Wars universe. A Nick Nolte ugnaught. And the ending was just icing on the cake.

TheFanatic said:
The incessant complaining on this board about movies and TV shows. How do you guys get through the day without ending it all?
Almost as bad as people complaining about other people voicing an opinion about a movie or TV show.  

I'm in. The family thoroughly enjoyed it, silly scenes and all. Very interested in learning more about the Mandalorian's and their mythology, though it seems odd that Favreau made never taking off their helmets a thing. Jango Fett didn't seem to mind taking off his helmet and having kids run around with helmets seemed off. Plus in the flashbacks of our title character it appeared both he and his parents were helmetless? Is he not a true Mandalorian?

DaVinci said:
It started off great and it ended great, but there was a lot of bad in the middle.

1. The blurrg bronco-busting was stupid and pointless. The CGI was awful. I have spoken.

2. How much demand could there be for a taxi stand in the middle of nowhere on an ice planet?

3. Why wouldn't landspeeders on an ice planet have enclosed passenger compartments?

4. What's up with the tracker fobs? Does everyone on every planet get a tracking chip implanted at birth?
I agree with all of that, but I liked the feel of the show and thought it was overall good.  It is like a Clint Eastwood western but in Star Wars. 

I think it lacks some emotional connection with not ever seeing Pascal’s facial expression, but that seems like part of the story. I am told he literally wore the suit once during the entire shoot. 

I'm in. The family thoroughly enjoyed it, silly scenes and all. Very interested in learning more about the Mandalorian's and their mythology, though it seems odd that Favreau made never taking off their helmets a thing. Jango Fett didn't seem to mind taking off his helmet and having kids run around with helmets seemed off. Plus in the flashbacks of our title character it appeared both he and his parents were helmetless? Is he not a true Mandalorian?
Fett was not a Mandalorian. 

i would think Favreau would maybe use the same technique from Iron Man to connect with the character behind the mask, but I guess he wanted something different. 

Fett was not a Mandalorian. 

i would think Favreau would maybe use the same technique from Iron Man to connect with the character behind the mask, but I guess he wanted something different. 
But in the cartoon series (not Clone Wars, but the other one), they seemed to take their helmets off all of the time.

Episode 2 was pretty good.  It's tough to tell which way the story is going which is good imo.  Tons of possibilities 

Episode 2 rocked. Jawas!

Half hour that felt like it was longer. Awesomeness...

Needs Star Was music.

Love The Mandalorian so far.  This is the kind of shows I was hoping for - a show as good and in the same style as the movies.  I hope they make Marvel and Pixar shows in the same style as those movies too.

so far so good but as already mentioned, feels like they are really missing the mark with the music

%chance that yoda shows up for 5 seconds in the finale?

No surprise, but I appear to be in the minority here.  I think it's OK, but nothing I am chomping at the bit to get the next episode for every week.  I guess I had higher hopes that we would be seeing different parts of the galaxy, different planets, a lot more species etc.. to go along with this new character.   Just feel like it's spinning it's wheels a bit as we rehash Tatooine and Jawas and little green jedi wizards and smart talking droids.  Also a little surprised at how short these episodes are.  

Definitely room to expand and improve, but it hasn't completely blown my hair back yet.  

(take it for what it's worth, since I don't seem to love most TV shows as much as the masses do) :shrug:

Just watched episode two. I don't know...seems sort of slow and kind of boring. I also agree about the helmet. It's kind of annoying me he never takes it off. I think I agree it takes away an emotional connection to the character. There are things to like of course. Nostalgia like the Jawas. You kind of saw baby Yoda using the force coming.

No surprise, but I appear to be in the minority here.  I think it's OK, but nothing I am chomping at the bit to get the next episode for every week.  I guess I had higher hopes that we would be seeing different parts of the galaxy, different planets, a lot more species etc.. to go along with this new character.   Just feel like it's spinning it's wheels a bit as we rehash Tatooine and Jawas and little green jedi wizards and smart talking droids.  Also a little surprised at how short these episodes are.  

Definitely room to expand and improve, but it hasn't completely blown my hair back yet.  

(take it for what it's worth, since I don't seem to love most TV shows as much as the masses do) :shrug:
It’s only been 2 episodes and one was over an hour :confused:   also - there’s plenty of time for it to go in a lot of directions.

I do agree with everyone else on the music though

It’s only been 2 episodes and one was over an hour :confused:   also - there’s plenty of time for it to go in a lot of directions.

I do agree with everyone else on the music though
Its only 8 episodes too, right? 

I could be wrong, but thought Ep1 was 40mins, and Ep2 30 mins.  

My family enjoyed both episodes. 

The guy who voiced IG-88 was Taika Waititi, who was the director/writer of Thor Ragnorok (and voiced Korg).  He will also be directing a future episode in The Mandalorian.

Grr

Fell asleep maybe 15 minutes into ep2. Woke up with it over.

Did anything happen? 

Baby Yoda could be big for marketing

My daughter and I are re-watching all ten movies in prep for ROS.  We watched Empire last night and paused the scene with IG-88 in it and they did a nice job in The Mandalorian keeping his look identical to the movie.

KarmaPolice said:
Its only 8 episodes too, right? 

I could be wrong, but thought Ep1 was 40mins, and Ep2 30 mins.  
I think 8 is right - I thought the first one was closer to an hour but maybe it just seemed that way.

Users who are viewing this thread