What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is King Felix dropable in both redraft and dynasty? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Looking more and more like the best he can be is a middling SP. The fastball is gone and the change up throws at 86 mph, which isn't going to fool anyone when the fastball is at 90 mph. Over 2500 innings on his arm even though he isn't that old (32). I think those looking for an Verlanderish type of rebound are living in fairyland, me included. Should I drop him for a SP prospect at some point? I can't right now because I need 9 pitchers that are already in MLB, but he's getting harder to keep. I could drop him for someone like Ross Stripling or Jhoulys Chacin, if not for a prospect. I'm sure there is someone on the waiver wire that can help my team this year more than a low ceiling / low floor has been. All he is at this point is name recognition. Thoughts?

I think you may be able to trade him for something better than waiver wire fodder based on name recognition and someone thinking he might still have something left in the tank but I wouldn't have any issue with dropping him for some upside if it presents himself.

I think you may be able to trade him for something better than waiver wire fodder based on name recognition and someone thinking he might still have something left in the tank but I wouldn't have any issue with dropping him for some upside if it presents himself.
I've tried to packed him in deals and no one wants anything to do with him.  I couldn't trade him for pack of tic-tacs. 

He's been consistently mediocre this year and has managed to avoid getting pounded in short outings like last year.  He offers little strikeout upside at this stage of his career and has to be near perfect to make it through six innings.

I dropped him already in dynasty and avoided him in redrafts this year.

That said, I don't know if Jhoulys Chacin is a better option.

Yeah, um...

:no:  

Users who are viewing this thread