What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anthony Miller WR Houston Texans (1 Viewer)

Easily the next Antonio Brown if Trubisky can get it to him. He's already a great route runner.
Brown only had 16 receptions on 19 targets his first year in 9 games played and zero TDs.  Patience will be needed here with Miller.  The key will be Trubisky and play calling going forward.  I'm more concerned about year two than year one.

Brown only had 16 receptions on 19 targets his first year in 9 games played and zero TDs.  Patience will be needed here with Miller.  The key will be Trubisky and play calling going forward.  I'm more concerned about year two than year one.
AB was a 6th round pick and 2 years younger than Miller. Coaches are typically slow to insert 6th rounders into the lineup. It's possible he'd have done pretty well if they gave him a shot earlier. He was behind Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antwaan Randle El so it's understandable they didn't rush the 6th rounder into the lineup. By age 23, Antonio Brown had leap frogged Hines Ward and Emmanuel Sanders (who had been picked 3.10 in the same draft as Brown) to lead his team in targets. At age 23 Miller was still playing in Conference USA or whatever they are calling it these days. 

Easily the next Antonio Brown if Trubisky can get it to him. He's already a great route runner.
"easily"  :lmao:

He's got a lot of potential, but pump the brakes, man. 

The three starting basic characteristics for a receiver breaking out would be:

1. Talent. 

2. Quarterback.

3. Offensive Scheme.

I really like his 1 & 3. Number 2 is a big concern for me. Hopefully Mitch can progress. With only 13 college starts at QB I would anticipate his growth curve to be slower. 

The three starting basic characteristics for a receiver breaking out would be:

1. Talent. 

2. Quarterback.

3. Offensive Scheme.

I really like his 1 & 3. Number 2 is a big concern for me. Hopefully Mitch can progress. With only 13 college starts at QB I would anticipate his growth curve to be slower. 
That's what I'm clinging to with Trubisky.

Anthony Miller (shoulder) is practicing in full for Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Miller is back after sitting out Week 4 with a dislocated shoulder. Because of Chicago's early bye, the injury only cost him one game. It will be interesting to see how the Bears use Miller following Taylor Gabriel's two-touchdown breakout in Week 4.

Source: Chicago Bears PR on Twitter 

Oct 10 - 5:38 PM

Anthony Miller (shoulder) is active for Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Miller only missed one game with his dislocated shoulder. CB Prince Amukamara (hamstring) is also good to go. FB Michael Burton, CB Marcus Cooper, OT Rashaad Coward, OLB Kylie Fitts, DT Nick Williams, WR Javon Wims and OT Bryan Witzmann round out the Bears' inactives for Week 6.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter 

Oct 14 - 11:44 AM

Watched the entire game yesterday and Mitch really has eyes for Miller's. Wouldn't surprise me if he had as many targets as Burton. If he didn't he's not far behind ... unlike Mitch's passes.

[Just checked, led WRs with 7 but behind Cohen (12) and Burton (11)]

Honestly, if Mitch hadn't been so off on almost every pass to Miller he would have had a monster day. Definitely excited about how he can produce in this offense in 2019, and depending on Robinson's health and MT's development/accuracy, he could start paying 2018 dividends in a few weeks ...

Correct.  Trub is not throwing Miller open and is late/inaccurate on nearly every throw to him.  I dumped Miller before the bye.

Trubisky is not good. He'll hold Miller back from being a stud. He's between Blake Bortles and Andy Dalton.

Hope I'm wrong on that as a Miller owner but he doesn't look like he has 'IT'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trubisky is not good. He'll hold Miller back from being a stud. He's between Blake Bortles and Andy Dalton.

There is hope. There was one throw that was gorgeous where he hit Miller in stride. Fouts was gushing over it. Maybe it was just nice for them to see Mitch make a real NFL QB throw haha.

He threw behind Miller when Miller had 25+ yards down the seam, under threw Miller when he had 2-3 steps on the db (db made a crazy one handed interception after Miller had to slow down to play the ball), and then overthrew Miller when he had some seperation on a deep ball. He’s getting open, just needs an accurate pass his way.

He's struggling with consistency because his QB is too. Miller plays in a good offense but he's "stuck" behind Burton, Cohen, Robinson and Gabriel at this point. Mitch doesn't have downfield accuracy or the timing for it. Instead he plays the underneath routes and lets his targets make plays.  

He's struggling with consistency because his QB is too. Miller plays in a good offense but he's "stuck" behind Burton, Cohen, Robinson and Gabriel at this point. Mitch doesn't have downfield accuracy or the timing for it. Instead he plays the underneath routes and lets his targets make plays.  
This isn't necessarily true. He takes downfield shots; he's just not very good at it. 

Nailed it. Yesterday was my first time watching Trubisky this season. Beautiful spiral, arc, can throw a country mile but has NO idea where it's going. Even tho young Anthony was beating several Pats down the field, i dunno if fantasy fans will ever be singing along with Mitch/Miller (old man joke).

I hope Flap is right about Trubisky, I just don't see it. Add the fact that CHI has so many target options (Gabriel, AR, Burton, Cohen...) I just don't know when we will see Miller rise up. 

Nailed it. Yesterday was my first time watching Trubisky this season. Beautiful spiral, arc, can throw a country mile but has NO idea where it's going. Even tho young Anthony was beating several Pats down the field, i dunno if fantasy fans will ever be singing along with Mitch/Miller (old man joke).
I can go either way with Mitch. Remember he's still really raw. Barely played in college. And his first pro year he was Fishered by Fox. So this is his first year in an NFL offense. I saw enough good yesterday to think he could be a Stafford with legs. 

miller's shoulder is messed up and as a result he is unable to raise one of his arms to catch the football. a #3 WR with only one arm is not something im going to trust in my fantasy lineups, maybe next year when he heals up

miller's shoulder is messed up and as a result he is unable to raise one of his arms to catch the football. a #3 WR with only one arm is not something im going to trust in my fantasy lineups, maybe next year when he heals up
:lmao:  Pretty sure if he couldn't lift his arm to catch, he wouldn't be out there getting 7 targets.

I really hope so because I am high on Miller' skillset. Gabriel is just a little ham & egger that's in the way for now.
I just looked, over the last 4 weeks Trubisky has more fantasy points than any other qb..AND ONE OF THOSE WEEKS HE HAD 0 CAUSE HE WAS ON A BYE

....I'm not saying he's the best fantasy qb to own, but he ain't bad......he just ain't 

I just looked, over the last 4 weeks Trubisky has more fantasy points than any other qb..AND ONE OF THOSE WEEKS HE HAD 0 CAUSE HE WAS ON A BYE

....I'm not saying he's the best fantasy qb to own, but he ain't bad......he just ain't 
Have you watched him though? He makes a lot of bad throws. Definitely cost Miller a breakout game last weekend 

Have you watched him though? He makes a lot of bad throws. Definitely cost Miller a breakout game last weekend 
Agreed on that.  I was not a believer (and I am sadly a Bears fan), but he is coming on, and producing at a very high level. Could it be better, yes? Will it get better? I don't know.  I will say, he does flash.  When the play is there, he typically makes it, when it's down in the reads - or the play is not there, he is not very good.  I remember Peyton Manning looking the same way, 26 td and 28 int his first year...and NO he is not manning, but he is good enough to produce and he has not peaked.  

I also hear people talk about his accuracy.  He is actually very accurate, it's just that he is not sure where the ball needs to be yet.  He has the accuracy skills and a great arm, he just needs to learn where to place the ball...inside, outside, under, etc.  He looks like a very talented but inexperienced rookie QB.  What I don't get is people slamming him...look at your points in your league, he is on top of guys like Rodgers, Wilson, Newton, Dalton, Brees, Roethlesberger, Watson, Stafford. Does it look as good as the stats? No...and I don't expect it to until next year..he is essentially still a rookie QB in a new system with new receivers....

Perhaps the real question is: Given the "look" of when he plays, will it catch up to him and his stats trend down, or will he start making those plays and his stats get better - if they do, it's going to be crazy.  So to the point of this thread, it's worth it to try and get a piece of that aka miller, robinson, gabriel, cohen, burton...... right??? 

:lmao:  Pretty sure if he couldn't lift his arm to catch, he wouldn't be out there getting 7 targets.
i guess profootballdoc is wrong too

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-anthony-miller-shoulder-bears-injury-0923-story.html

his first game back after the injury (week 6), his first target he had to reach in the air for a high pass... he used one arm to reach for the pass when clearly a heatlhy receiver would have extended both arms. if i knew how to make gifs i'd queue up the gamepass tape.

edit: here's a screencap showing him reaching up with only one arm on a pass that a healthy receiver uses two arms to extend to try to catch https://snag.gy/iGOgrS.jpg

a limited #3 WR is just not something i'm going to consistently trust THIS year in fantasy... i make no comment on his dyanasty value as clearly there is reason to be excited about that

Confirmed he is wearing a shoulder harness and may need surgery.  Has a knack for one-handed catches but he needs to show he can catch with two hands while using the harness.  Obviously also depends on Trub getting him the ball earlier.

He played with a harness all year last year at Memphis.  He looked great this pst weekend.  Constantly burning defenders and getting wide open.  Trubisquick could not get the ball to him with any accuracy.   

May rhis point, I think he is eating into arob’s targets and might even surpass him as a favorite target of trubisquick.   Arob has been a bust and now injured groin.  

• Thinking
Reactions: -X-
I love this guys skillset but a dislocated shoulder for a WR is no minor thing.  This will trouble him until he gets surgery and he would not be the first promising prospect to have his career derailed by shoulder injury.

Just a matter of time ...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-second-round-picks-anthony-miller-james-daniels-analysis/amp/

Miller, whom the Bears traded up to select 51st overall, had only two catches for 35 yards against the Patriots, but he played better than that. That’s why Trubisky made it a point to say he needs to get Miller the ball ‘‘a lot more.’’

Trubisky missed four throws to Miller, including three for possible touchdowns.

1. On first-and-10 from the Patriots’ 13 in the second quarter, Trubisky sailed a pass out of the end zone to Miller, who had separated himself from defensive back J.C. Jackson on a post route.

2. On second-and-10 from the Patriots’ 41 in the third quarter, Trubisky threw a pass behind Miller, who was open down the right seam.

3. On first-and-10 from the Patriots’ 35 in the fourth quarter, Trubisky was late on a throw to Miller on a corner route after he had beaten cornerback Jonathan Jones, who made an impressive one-handed interception.

4. On first-and-10 from the Bears’ 37 in the fourth quarter, Trubisky overthrew Miller, who had an open field in front of him after beating Jones off the line of scrimmage.

Seems to just be further proof of why I'm staying away from him: can't trust his QB. I like the player, but don't like his situation. 
This assumed Mitch flat lines or (gulp) regresses. I'll bet that a guy with his limited experience is far more likely to improve even just 20%. All he needs to achieve is Cutler levels of competence to make Miller a star. 

Anthony Miller caught 3-of-7 passes for 37 yards and a touchdown in Week 8 against the Jets.

Miller led the team in targets with Allen Robinson out. He got open on a back shoulder corner route for his TD, but didn't do much with his expanded role. Miller would be the preferred play over Taylor Gabriel if Robinson misses another week.

I think he can be. I'm fairly convinced that Robinson isn't the impediment to his development. Robinson limitations in the offense become obvious if you watch him at all. Miller can be moved around and that is central to the scheme. He has speed, hands and is surprisingly physical. He's a rising star, imo. 

Didn't get a chance to watch the highlights yet. For those who watched, did this feel like a Miller breakout game?

Man, god bless these guys who get up every snap of a player within 12 hours of a game ending.

Every Miller Snap vs Detroit

Looks like the real deal to me. Love that a few of those plays pretty much look like his highlights from Memphis. Game translating well to this level. Not sure how much of his wide openness was due to great route vs. ####ty Detroitness, but arrow is pointing up. And he did this when A-rob had his game of the year which is even more encouraging.

wasnt a break out game. high volume for the pass offense and bad defense. Miller had a good game. that's about it. as a dynasty owner I'm encouraged 

Users who are viewing this thread