Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
brun

2018 - How did I do thread

Recommended Posts

Done a couple so far. Anybody else?

Here's 1 from the 6 slot

17  Team Defense, BAL BAL
18  Boswell, Chris PIT

12  Roethlisberger, Ben PIT
9  Brees, Drew NO

1  Kamara, Alvin NO
11  Booker, Devontae DEN
2  McCoy, LeSean BUF
20  Yeldon, T.J. JAC
7  Thompson, Chris WAS

15  Watson, Benjamin NO
3  Olsen, Greg CAR
4  Graham, Jimmy GB

10  Stills, Kenny MIA
13  Jackson, DeSean TB
14  Westbrook, Dede JAC
16  Nelson, J.J. ARI
19  Cole, Keelan JAC
5  Thomas, Demaryius DEN
6  Edelman, Julian NE
8  Parker, DeVante MIA

Edited by brun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done a couple early ones.

 

6th pick

QB - Ryan (13), Goff (15)

RB - R Freeman (5), C Thompson (6), K Johnson (7), Hyde (9), Clement (12), Perine (16), Ware (19)

WR - Hopkins (1), Hilton (3), Fuller (9), Ridley (10), D Bryant (11), M Williams (14)

TE - Gronkowski (2), Graham (4), Butt (17)

 

 

1st pick

QB - Cousins (12), Garoppolo (13)

RB - D Johnson (1), Henry (4), Ajayi (5), Clement (10), Breida (14)

WR - D Adams (2), Watkins (7), R Cobb (8), Fuller (9), Golladay (15), D Westbrook (17), P Richardson (18), Moncrief (20)

TE - Ertz (3), Howard (6), Ebron (11)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, prgromek said:

I've done a couple early ones.


It's great to be able to compare 2 different 6th pick strategies. Obvious differences in the RBs & QBs. I like your QB values. I'm uncertain how your RBs will work out, but if they produce IMO this team should be very competitive.
6th pick

QB - Ryan (13), Goff (15)

RB - R Freeman (5), C Thompson (6), K Johnson (7), Hyde (9), Clement (12), Perine (16), Ware (19)

WR - Hopkins (1), Hilton (3), Fuller (9), Ridley (10), D Bryant (11), M Williams (14)

TE - Gronkowski (2), Graham (4), Butt (17)

 

Again, I like your QB values. I like DJ (uncertainty around Bell & Gurley with a week 12 bye), but I'm not high on the rest of your RBs. Like your WRs, especially Watkins & Cobb in rounds 7 & 8.
1st pick

QB - Cousins (12), Garoppolo (13)

RB - D Johnson (1), Henry (4), Ajayi (5), Clement (10), Breida (14)

WR - D Adams (2), Watkins (7), R Cobb (8), Fuller (9), Golladay (15), D Westbrook (17), P Richardson (18), Moncrief (20)

TE - Ertz (3), Howard (6), Ebron (11)

 

 

 

Edited by brun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another one from the 11-hole

 

QB - Roethlisberger (13), Manning (18)

RB - A Collins (4), K Johnson (6), C Thompson (7), Breida (11), Barber (12), Yeldon (15), Blount (16), Perine (17)

WR - Julio (1), Thomas (2), Diggs (3), C Davis (5), Ridley (10), Doctson (14)

TE - Howard (8), Ebron (9)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st of season from the 4 hole;

 

QB: Garrapolo (10), Cousins (13)

RB: DJ (1), Collins (5), A Jones (6), Chubb (7), Riddick (12)

WR: Hill (3), Kupp (8), Goodwin (9), Ridley (11), Westbrook (14), Enunwa (17), Cole (20)

TE: Ertz (2), Engram (4), Butt (16)

D: Phi (15), NO (19)

K: Boswell (18)

 

Light at WR but like 1 of those late rd guys to emerge.  Cousins lasting till rd 13 was pretty wacky I thought.

 

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 5:12 AM, Da Gildz said:

1st of season from the 4 hole;

 

QB: Garrapolo (10), Cousins (13)

RB: DJ (1), Collins (5), A Jones (6), Chubb (7), Riddick (12)

WR: Hill (3), Kupp (8), Goodwin (9), Ridley (11), Westbrook (14), Enunwa (17), Cole (20)

TE: Ertz (2), Engram (4), Butt (16)

D: Phi (15), NO (19)

K: Boswell (18)

 

Light at WR but like 1 of those late rd guys to emerge.  Cousins lasting till rd 13 was pretty wacky I thought.

 

 

I was coming here to troll/argue with you as I do every year...... but .....I hate to say it...... I like this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 6 years in a row I haven't had a Top 7 pick despite doing 2+ teams a year. Im due a top 5 pick. Give it to me fantasy gods! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was from mid May but I have to say I kind of love this team.  I need a couple guys to emerge here but this is from the 10 spot:

Cam (8), Carr (12)

Penny (4), Jamaal Williams (6), Chubb (5), Carson (13), Dixon (9), Murray (15)

ODB (1), Amari (3), DJ Moore (10), Kelvin (11), Corey Coleman (16), Westbrook (14)

Gronk (2), Kittle (7), Vernon Davis (17), Gathers (18)

Kansas City, Crosby (19,20)

I like Kelvin and Cooper a lot. Moore *could* be a pleasant surprise. I need to hit on a couple of those RBs though. Clear achilles heel of this team in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, Da Gildz said:

1st of season from the 4 hole;

 

QB: Garrapolo (10), Cousins (13)

RB: DJ (1), Collins (5), A Jones (6), Chubb (7), Riddick (12)

WR: Hill (3), Kupp (8), Goodwin (9), Ridley (11), Westbrook (14), Enunwa (17), Cole (20)

TE: Ertz (2), Engram (4), Butt (16)

D: Phi (15), NO (19)

K: Boswell (18)

 

Light at WR but like 1 of those late rd guys to emerge.  Cousins lasting till rd 13 was pretty wacky I thought.

 

 

 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, ImTheScientist said:

I was coming here to troll/argue with you as I do every year...... but .....I hate to say it...... I like this team. 

So he is doomed on this team!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 2 spot:

Brady(8), Ryan(14)

Zeke(1), McKinnon(2), Kerryon Johnson(5), Chubb(6), Dixon(13)

Hill(3), Davis(7), Kelvin(10), Godwin(11), Mike Williams(12), Dede(16), Coleman(18), J'mon(20)

Graham(4), Njoku(9), Everett(17)

Broncos(15), Prater(19)

Like I said before I like Kelvin to be a target hog in Buffalo (and passing heavy 2nd half game scripts). I am big on Davis in Tennessee as well. Otherwise I would love to see a couple of these later round WRs emerge. Like Godwin or Williams. Moore could end up as the #2 WR target in GB. Love this team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one from the 8:

 

QB:  Rodgers (5), Goff (17)

RB:  Barkley (1), Howard (3), Drake (4), A Jones (7), McGuire (19)

WR:  Thomas (2), Kupp (8), Goodwin (9), Nelson (10), Ridley (12), Kirk (14), Enunwa (15)

TE: Rudolph (6), Brate (11), Clay (13), Gathers (18)

D:  Phi (16)

K: Prater (20) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

 

So he is doomed on this team!

Probably.....I have been the injury curse the last 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

 

Don’t really like this team all that much.  Zeke at 2 over Bell/Gurley/DJ seems like a stretch.  Unless Zeke’s catching 60-70 balls which we haven’t seen him do yet.  I actually prefer Barkley to Zeke even. McKinnon in 2? You’re paying for the upside here.  Like his skills and situation is great, he’s just not the most durable back to rely on.  I love him in the back of 3rd/4th rd.  Which means I won’t be owning him this year.  Don’t like the WR’s at all.  Davis won’t be good enough consistently to warrant that pick.  Volume just won’t be there.  Benjamin is on a crap offense and never has been a volume guy.  Don’t expect that to change on a run first team.  Don’t see much value anywhere else really.  Good luck tho. 

I certainly will have to disagree about Davis, Benjamin and McKinnon. But I agree that my WRs are not great and I will need to be right about a couple of those guys. Even on a bad run first team, KB is still the only WR to throw to. As value goes, he is dirt cheap. 

As for Zeke, though, I didn't pick him over Gurley, but did pick him over Bell and DJ. I think Zeke is the only RB in the NFL that could *approach* 400 carries this year (pie in the sky). But 330 is a safe guess. He could also get a lot of TDs and I believe he will play with a chip on his shoulder. Oh, and he is really good. Contrary to popular opinion I think Dallas offense improves this year. I like Bell in the 2 spot, too, obviously, but I'm not big on DJ. I think his big year was largely predicated on Palmer checking down on seemingly every passing play. I'd take Barkley, Brown, Nuk, or ODB over DJ. So really it was simply Bell vs Zeke. I decided to zag a little. I also own Bell everywhere.

I think your take is probably pretty common. I disagree but I appreciate the input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea don’t agree with alot you said there.  You’re drafting a lot of these guys hoping they perform to levels they haven’t performed to yet.  Regarding DJ, he also rushed for 1,200+ and 16 tds that yr.   Dont believe the ancient statue of Carson Palmer was the reason he went bonkers.   He caught 80 balls because he’s a ridiculously good receiver.  Zeke has 26 and 32 rec’s in his 2 yrs.  I think he’ll catch more this year for sure but still a wide gap from Bell/DJ.  They’re virtual locks for 70+ rec’s if healthy.      

Cowboys being better on offense?  How could you even make that case?  Allen Hurns is the best receiver on the team.  No Dez, no Witten and a lesser Oline then they had last year.  Where are they better?  Also Dak was really exposed last year.  I see defenses loading that box every game and making Dak throw the ball.  Something he’s shown he cannot do consistently.  

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 7:55 PM, prgromek said:

I've done a couple early ones.

 

6th pick

QB - Ryan (13), Goff (15)

RB - R Freeman (5), C Thompson (6), K Johnson (7), Hyde (9), Clement (12), Perine (16), Ware (19)

WR - Hopkins (1), Hilton (3), Fuller (9), Ridley (10), D Bryant (11), M Williams (14)

TE - Gronkowski (2), Graham (4), Butt (17)

 

 

1st pick

QB - Cousins (12), Garoppolo (13)

RB - D Johnson (1), Henry (4), Ajayi (5), Clement (10), Breida (14)

WR - D Adams (2), Watkins (7), R Cobb (8), Fuller (9), Golladay (15), D Westbrook (17), P Richardson (18), Moncrief (20)

TE - Ertz (3), Howard (6), Ebron (11)

 

 

Team one seems weak at RB, but I like the pick of Ware at 19. I think he may have an impact mid to late season. Team two I think is more balanced through the positions. Garoppolo will be a steal at 13 imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, barackdhouse said:

This was from mid May but I have to say I kind of love this team.  I need a couple guys to emerge here but this is from the 10 spot:

Cam (8), Carr (12)

Penny (4), Jamaal Williams (6), Chubb (5), Carson (13), Dixon (9), Murray (15)

ODB (1), Amari (3), DJ Moore (10), Kelvin (11), Corey Coleman (16), Westbrook (14)

Gronk (2), Kittle (7), Vernon Davis (17), Gathers (18)

Kansas City, Crosby (19,20)

I like Kelvin and Cooper a lot. Moore *could* be a pleasant surprise. I need to hit on a couple of those RBs though. Clear achilles heel of this team in June.

Not crazy about the RBs here, and I was burned by Cooper last year so not sure about this teams prospects. Lots of potential. Love the TEs, Kittle is going to tear it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 0:57 PM, brun said:

Done a couple so far. Anybody else?

Here's 1 from the 6 slot

17  Team Defense, BAL BAL
18  Boswell, Chris PIT

12  Roethlisberger, Ben PIT
9  Brees, Drew NO

1  Kamara, Alvin NO
11  Booker, Devontae DEN
2  McCoy, LeSean BUF
20  Yeldon, T.J. JAC
7  Thompson, Chris WAS

15  Watson, Benjamin NO
3  Olsen, Greg CAR
4  Graham, Jimmy GB

10  Stills, Kenny MIA
13  Jackson, DeSean TB
14  Westbrook, Dede JAC
16  Nelson, J.J. ARI
19  Cole, Keelan JAC
5  Thomas, Demaryius DEN
6  Edelman, Julian NE
8  Parker, DeVante MIA

So these 3 teams were drafted in May (weird, bookends and the middle). I think this is it for this contest, but might do some of the TFC on RT Sports (similar, but no TE premium) and would feedback would be helpful for that and I appreciate it.

In the 1st team I posted, Edelman’s situation is an unwanted surprise and weakens my WR corp which I thought was just serviceable to start. Perhaps training camp will reveal a gem I can pick up in the early WW. 

This next team, pick 12, also has Edelman. I got Gronk and Brady and thought this crew would provide some level of guaranteed scoring for most of the season. If Miller keeps his starting role on the Texans, while my RB depth is suspect, I’m OK with this crew. My WR situation is pretty much the same as with my 1st team. Happy with Gronk if he’s healthy and like the potential with the others. Another WR instead of a D at 13/14 might have been a better decision.

7/8 - Tom Brady (NE)
11/12 - Drew Brees (NO)

5/6 - Lamar Miller (HOU)
19/20 - Frank Gore (MIA)
13/14 - Darren Sproles (PHI)
1/2 - Melvin Gordon (LAC)
3/4 - Kenyan Drake (MIA)

11/12 - Calvin Ridley (ATL)
5/6 - Julian Edelman (NE)
3/4 - Demaryius Thomas (DEN)
19/20 - J.J. Nelson (ARI)
7/8 - Emmanuel Sanders (DEN)
15/16 - Quincy Enunwa (NYJ)
9/10 - Allen Hurns (DAL)

15/16 - Vernon Davis (WAS)
9/10 - Eric Ebron (IND)
1/2 - Rob Gronkowski (NE)
17/18 - Tyler Kroft (CIN)

17/18 - Matt Bryant (ATL)
13/14 - LAC Team Defense (LAC)


Pick 1. This might be my only team in any format with McCaffrey. Curious to see how he produces this year., I think this is a risky RB group. While not remarkable, I’m OK with the WR and TE groups. Better value at D than the previous team.

12/13 - Philip Rivers (LAC)
10/11 - Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)

14/15 - Darren Sproles (PHI)
6/7 - Chris Thompson (WAS)
10/11 - Giovani Bernard (CIN)
1 - Todd Gurley (LA)
2/3 - Christian McCaffrey (CAR)

4/5 - Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
18/19 - J.J. Nelson (ARI)
16/17 - John Brown (BAL)
8/9 - DeVante Parker (MIA)
6/7 - Devin Funchess (CAR)
8/9 - Randall Cobb (GB)
4/5 - Demaryius Thomas (DEN)

14/15 - Vernon Davis (WAS)
12/13 - Charles Clay (BUF)
20 - Tyler Kroft (CIN)
2/3 - Zach Ertz (PHI)

18/19 - Mason Crosby (GB)
16/17 - MIN Team Defense (MIN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, Da Gildz said:

1st of season from the 4 hole;

 

QB: Garrapolo (10), Cousins (13)

RB: DJ (1), Collins (5), A Jones (6), Chubb (7), Riddick (12)

WR: Hill (3), Kupp (8), Goodwin (9), Ridley (11), Westbrook (14), Enunwa (17), Cole (20)

TE: Ertz (2), Engram (4), Butt (16)

D: Phi (15), NO (19)

K: Boswell (18)

 

Light at WR but like 1 of those late rd guys to emerge.  Cousins lasting till rd 13 was pretty wacky I thought.

 

 

2 TEs in the first 4 rounds made it tough on other positions, but with the premium and flex spots, these are starters for you.I' not high on Kupp, but I really like Enunwa and Cole. Not sure about your RBs after Collins. I'm assuming NO D is available to drop in the early WW if you see someone you like in a skill position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:33 PM, barackdhouse said:

This was from mid May but I have to say I kind of love this team.  I need a couple guys to emerge here but this is from the 10 spot:

Cam (8), Carr (12)

Penny (4), Jamaal Williams (6), Chubb (5), Carson (13), Dixon (9), Murray (15)

ODB (1), Amari (3), DJ Moore (10), Kelvin (11), Corey Coleman (16), Westbrook (14)

Gronk (2), Kittle (7), Vernon Davis (17), Gathers (18)

Kansas City, Crosby (19,20)

I like Kelvin and Cooper a lot. Moore *could* be a pleasant surprise. I need to hit on a couple of those RBs though. Clear achilles heel of this team in June.

Agree with your assessment. However, I just don't have much confidence that your RBs will come thru. Nice value on Cam IMO. Not a fan of your WRs after Cooper, but at rounds 10 or later they might have value. Like the TEs and I was high on Gathers early, but not so much anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)

 

Edited by ImTheScientist
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft was from early May, but I feel like this is the best draft I have had this year (although a couple may come close).  This is from the #3 spot.

QB: A.Rodgers (6)

RB: LeVeon (1), McCoy (2), Burkhead (8), T. Riddick (9). J. White (13), Dixon (14), J. Samuels (20)

WR: Theilen (3), J. Gordon (4), J. Landry (5), J. Nelson (7), M. Williams (11), G. Allison (17), E. St.Brown (19)

TE: B. Watson (12), M. Andrews (15)

D: Jax (10), Chi (18)

K. Zuerlein (16)

I want to defend my TE picks really quick before everyone jumps on that as the weakness of the team (which, relatively, it is). 

M. Andrews I believe is the TE Baltimore has been waiting for since Shannon Sharpe retired.  He is a WR in a TE frame.  If you research him, he was a WR throughout most of his career that simply got too big for the position.  I think Mr Andrews is a steal given he is receiver playing TE, even given the general lack of production from rookie TEs. 

And the last time Ben Watson played with Drew Brees he went to the Pro Bowl.   Watson was hurt 2 years ago, played hurt most of last year, and now is fully recovered.  

The handcuff for LeVeon in the 20th I though was a gift also.

So, competitor?

http://myffpc.com/DraftBoardStandard.aspx?ltuid=273-F65526B79DAF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)

 

:no:

 

i like the Chubb pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hairy Snowman said:

This draft was from early May, but I feel like this is the best draft I have had this year (although a couple may come close).  This is from the #3 spot.

QB: A.Rodgers (6)

RB: LeVeon (1), McCoy (2), Burkhead (8), T. Riddick (9). J. White (13), Dixon (14), J. Samuels (20)

WR: Theilen (3), J. Gordon (4), J. Landry (5), J. Nelson (7), M. Williams (11), G. Allison (17), E. St.Brown (19)

TE: B. Watson (12), M. Andrews (15)

D: Jax (10), Chi (18)

K. Zuerlein (16)

I want to defend my TE picks really quick before everyone jumps on that as the weakness of the team (which, relatively, it is). 

M. Andrews I believe is the TE Baltimore has been waiting for since Shannon Sharpe retired.  He is a WR in a TE frame.  If you research him, he was a WR throughout most of his career that simply got too big for the position.  I think Mr Andrews is a steal given he is receiver playing TE, even given the general lack of production from rookie TEs. 

And the last time Ben Watson played with Drew Brees he went to the Pro Bowl.   Watson was hurt 2 years ago, played hurt most of last year, and now is fully recovered.  

The handcuff for LeVeon in the 20th I though was a gift also.

So, competitor?

http://myffpc.com/DraftBoardStandard.aspx?ltuid=273-F65526B79DAF 

Its solid.  Arod/Bell/ and that WR core will be more then enough to contend.  Could have been special tho.  That Jordy pick just sticks out like a sore thumb.  You had 3 legit WR’s, top QB and the duo of backs there.  No need to take Jordy who looks washed up anyways.  I barely wanted him in rd 10 let alone the 7th.  You probably had Burton/Kittle sitting there ripe for the taking back in May.   Team would look monster if u had either starting for u.  Watson is 48 years old and Hurst will be the guy to own in BMore.  Good team.  Could have been even better.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

:no:

 

i like the Chubb pick.  

I know deep down you wish it was yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah Scientist.  Don’t see much value there.  Hunt falling to 12 was nice tho.  Was sitting on this gem for a bit.  A Gildz special here.  May not draft another one after this.  Eh what am I saying, of course I will. 

 

From the 7:

QB:  Watson (6), Manning (19)

RB: Gordon (2), Ronald Jones (5), Jamal Will (8), Martin (12), Breida (13), Barber (14)

WR:  A Brown (1), Baldwin (3), Theilen (4), Hurns (11), Martavis (15), Godwin (18), Westbrook (20)

TE: Burton (7), Njoku (9), Hurst (10)

K: Tucker (16)

Def: Den (17)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Its solid.  Arod/Bell/ and that WR core will be more then enough to contend.  Could have been special tho.  That Jordy pick just sticks out like a sore thumb.  You had 3 legit WR’s, top QB and the duo of backs there.  No need to take Jordy who looks washed up anyways.  I barely wanted him in rd 10 let alone the 7th.  You probably had Burton/Kittle sitting there ripe for the taking back in May.   Team would look monster if u had either starting for u.  Watson is 48 years old and Hurst will be the guy to own in BMore.  Good team.  Could have been even better.  

I think Gruden has a history with making good use of older WRs.  Brown and Rice were long past their heydays when Gruden rejuvenated their careers.  Keyshawn Johnson and Keenan McCardell in Tampa.  Jordy has not lost a step and a coordinator that knows how to use him (along with a accurate thrower) and Jordy could be right back to his stats 2 seasons ago. Arguably, Cooper is the best opposite WR he has played with also. 

I like Hurst in Baltimore also, but his skill set will have him see more rushing downs IMO.  Preseason will tell us a bunch more. My money is on the guy they signed first and who has the best release coming out of college at the position.  

When I took Watson, Burton and Kittle were gone (Kittle 4 rounds earlier, Burton 5 rounds)  Can't get everything you want, but I was happy overall.

(Edit to Add: When I took Jordy, I could have taken Kittle.  Burton was gone). 

Thanks for taking the time.    

Edited by Hairy Snowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)

 

Not a fan of Mariota, but you probably won't need to use him much with Stafford.  Stafford has a great passing offense and he has been an iron man

I like the RBs and depth.  I think Martin is going to surprise in Oakland in Gruden's offense.

I like JuJu, but I am not sure about the depth at WR.  I would be looking at the waiver wire once the season starts for surprises to bolster it up. 

Engram is set to have a breakout year.  Maybe less volume, but higher production. Reed is an injury waiting to happen.

As long as Harbough is in Baltimore, the Defense should be good.   

Overall, I would say the team is better than average and with a few breaks could be a contender.  Dez is going to have a big say on how your WR corps works out.

Edited by Hairy Snowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Nah Scientist.  Don’t see much value there.  Hunt falling to 12 was nice tho.  Was sitting on this gem for a bit.  A Gildz special here.  May not draft another one after this.  Eh what am I saying, of course I will. 

 

From the 7:

QB:  Watson (6), Manning (19)

RB: Gordon (2), Ronald Jones (5), Jamal Will (8), Martin (12), Breida (13), Barber (14)

WR:  A Brown (1), Baldwin (3), Theilen (4), Hurns (11), Martavis (15), Godwin (18), Westbrook (20)

TE: Burton (7), Njoku (9), Hurst (10)

K: Tucker (16)

Def: Den (17)

 

This is a pretty solid team. 

If Watson can repeat, your QB position will be terrific. I expect Manning to have a good year also. 

Gordon and Jones should be good volume plays.  Jones needs to block better or else you will be looking at Williams and Martin, which could impact this team dramatically.

Nothing to not like about your top 3 WRs.  Theilen in the 4th was a steal. Likely another top 12 finish. 

The TEs are risky.  Burton is coming into a new situation and needs to take the position from "Baby Gronk".  Njoku has yet to put the talent into fantasy stats.  I am concerned that Hurst is not the best receiving TE on that team (I am in Camp Mark Andrews).  

Tucker and Denver works.
Good team.   
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)

 

Very nice starting RBs and TEs! I am also excited about Juju. You have enough other WRs that one will pan out. Stafford is solid. Not too excited about the kicker or backup RBs, but no real holes in this team. If Reed stays healthy, big if, this is a dominant team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick it apart men..  You know you want to

11th pick

QB   Brees, Carr

RB  Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Lynch, Martin, Booker, Jamaal Williams

WR  Odell, Julio, Jarvis, Martavis, Quincy, Gallup

TE  Hooper, Butt, Wilson

K/D  Elliot, Carolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zeke99 said:

Pick it apart men..  You know you want to

11th pick

QB   Brees, Carr

RB  Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Lynch, Martin, Booker, Jamaal Williams

WR  Odell, Julio, Jarvis, Martavis, Quincy, Gallup

TE  Hooper, Butt, Wilson

K/D  Elliot, Carolina

Tough slot.  

It would be better if I could see your draft picks order. It looks to me like you went WR-WR-WR-RB-RB-RB. 

The top 3 WRs all are likely top 12.  The WRs are the obvious strength of the team.  ODell with less attention; Julio after working out with TO; Jarvis is a great 3rd WR if the Browns simply don't turn the ball over (which Tyrod has not historically).  Your WRs will carry a bunch of games.  Not sure how I feel about Quincy or Gallup.  I haven't seen enough.  But overall, you have to love the WRs. 

Rookie RBs are always a gamble.  You decided to go heavy on rookie RBs.  I am sure you know that was a roll of the dice (several dice) but I doubt you had many choices.  Guice is likely not going to be on the field for passing downs depending on his pass blocking.  And they already have Thompson to receive the ball.  I think Guice is going to fill a between the tackles role on the offense to start. IMO Penny and Freeman's fantasy value will hinge on their ability to pass block.  I like Freeman's chances to produce fantasy stats between the two only because of Seattle's offensive line and defensive woes.  Freeman is surrounded by solid pros at all the skill positions around him.  You got his handcuff, so you are completely invested in the Broncos having a top 12 running offense.  Overall, I would say that the jury is out on the entire corps until we see more from the rookies on the field. 

You have to love Brees. He is one of the 3 top tier qbs.  Brady.  Brees.  And Aaron Rodgers.  Until the wheels fall off, I will remain on the Brees bandwagon.  Last year was a down year for him statistically, but I genuinely believe that was more of a function of the flow of the games than a reflection of Brees' ability.  NO's running game was simply so good last year that Brees didn't need to throw as much. Ingram is suspended 4 games.  They drafted new WRs.  I don't think they are changing Kamara's role.  I think we may be looking at the hurry up again this year. Carr is a serviceable backup. 

Hooper, Butt, and Wilson each are interesting talent wise, but you are going to have to play with matchups to get the most out of them.  Hooper and Butt are surrounded by other targets, so their production will be limited.  Wilson is a TE to watch.  That offense is going to be looking for someone to take targets with Graham and Richardson gone (and the defense...).  Wilson could end up as a volume play if Baldwin is always doubled.  Downside is Wilson had never really produced much except as a outlet receiver.

Kickers and Defenses are like throwing grass in the wind and betting on which blade is going to blow the farthest.  If the defense isn't the Rams or Sacksonville, most are matchup and injury reliant.  Yours look as good as any do this time of year to me. 

Overall, you go as far as the rookies take you.     

   

Edited by Hairy Snowman
Corrected a mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, zeke99 said:

Pick it apart men..  You know you want to

11th pick

QB   Brees, Carr

RB  Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Lynch, Martin, Booker, Jamaal Williams

WR  Odell, Julio, Jarvis, Martavis, Quincy, Gallup

TE  Hooper, Butt, Wilson

K/D  Elliot, Carolina

You liking the rookie rbs at all this year? Haha.  Looks solid Zeke.  TE’s are pretty gross but enough firepower elsewhere to make up for it.  If Martavis escapes a suspension, that WR core will be hard to beat.  Picking the right flexes every week will be a challenge.  Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 1:

 

QB: Watson (6), Winston (18), Manning (20)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), McKinnon (3), Riddick (11), Ekeler (15)

WR: Crowder (7), Woods (8), Goodwin (9), Lee (10), Lockett (12), Enunwa (17), Cole (19)

TE: Graham (4), Engram (5), Hurst (13)

K: Gostkowski (16)

D: Minn (14)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Watson (6), Winston (18), Manning (20)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), McKinnon (3), Riddick (11), Ekeler (15)

WR: Crowder (7), Woods (8), Goodwin (9), Lee (10), Lockett (12), Enunwa (17), Cole (19)

TE: Graham (4), Engram (5), Hurst (13)

K: Gostkowski (16)

D: Minn (14)

I like the 1-2 Bell Freeman RBs.  My guess is that you maybe would have been better off with a receiver at (3) than RB.  The WRs look a little thin. 

Overall, the squad is tough.  Watson, Bell, and the TE depth will carry you far.  Play the matchups, and your WRs should be satisfactory.  

I would give the draft a B+ and, if things break, it is a contender.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Watson (6), Winston (18), Manning (20)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), McKinnon (3), Riddick (11), Ekeler (15)

WR: Crowder (7), Woods (8), Goodwin (9), Lee (10), Lockett (12), Enunwa (17), Cole (19)

TE: Graham (4), Engram (5), Hurst (13)

K: Gostkowski (16)

D: Minn (14)

Should be way better from the 1 spot. This team only sniffs the playoffs if you pull a few waiver wire miracles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough draft.  Didn’t love any WR at the 4/5 turn.  Jefferey and Marv Jones were the best available and don’t see much difference between those guys and the guys going 2-3 rds later.  Figured lock up TE and see what’s left at 6/7.  Having said that, if those top 3 backs stay healthy, I don’t believe I need any miracles.  Need to find a WR perhaps along the way.   And I’m gobbling up all Watson i can find at end of 6th.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree with the criticism. You're never going to be extremely strong in all the positions. Yes, the weak link in this one is with the WRs but even there he's got a couple high volume guys - Crowder and Lee. The WRs will allow him to tread water while the rest of the team has a lot of upside guys. I agree that if the top 3 RBs stay healthy this can be a very strong team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First one of the year.  I don't have a good feel this year as I have not really been following as close as most years.  I'm playing with house money at this point, so we'll see what happens.

From the 2 spot.

QB: Newton (9), Winston (17)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Gio (8), Powell (10), Clement (11), Gore (16)

WR: Baldwin (3), Tate (4), Sanders (6), Garcon (7), Stills (12), Allison (15), Moncrief (18), John Ross (20)

TE:  Engram (5), Watson (13)

PK: Elliot (19)

DEF:  Chargers (14)

Like my starters.  Might be concerned about my depth.  Whatcha think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caesar said:

First one of the year.  I don't have a good feel this year as I have not really been following as close as most years.  I'm playing with house money at this point, so we'll see what happens.

From the 2 spot.

QB: Newton (9), Winston (17)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Gio (8), Powell (10), Clement (11), Gore (16)

WR: Baldwin (3), Tate (4), Sanders (6), Garcon (7), Stills (12), Allison (15), Moncrief (18), John Ross (20)

TE:  Engram (5), Watson (13)

PK: Elliot (19)

DEF:  Chargers (14)

Like my starters.  Might be concerned about my depth.  Whatcha think?

I rate it a B. The RB, RB depth, and upside at the position is the issue for me. If you play the waiver wire and find a RB there that would help a ton. Curious who you passed on at TE/WR with your second pick and what RB was left at that 3rd round pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ImTheScientist said:

I rate it a B. The RB, RB depth, and upside at the position is the issue for me. If you play the waiver wire and find a RB there that would help a ton. Curious who you passed on at TE/WR with your second pick and what RB was left at that 3rd round pick. 

Thanks for the opinion.  The guy first overall had a team name.. something Scientists, and I thought it might be you. 

Anyway,  Kelce and Theilen went at the 2-3 turn.  Mixon, Howard, Guice, and McKinnon went the next 4 picks after I took Baldwin.  Then T.Y. Hilton, McCoy, and Amari Cooper.

I guess had I gone with Theilen, which I actually like Diggs better this year for where they are drafted, I would have had Theilen and maybe he takes Freeman or maybe not.  Either way, I could have gone any one of those RBs, but didn't want to start RB/RB/RB.  In hindsight, I think I will consdier that next draft because RB really drops off after the 4th round, IMO.

Now that I am thinking about it, I was off Baldwin the last two years, but I like him this year, so I would have likely taken him over Thielen anyway.  Minn is going to look a lot different this year, I think.

If I had gone with Kelce and then gotten Freeman or Mixon in the third, that would have opened me up for Alshon in the 5th, but another receiver wasn't taken after Alshon for 10 picks, so given how it panned out, I think it wasn't a bad first 5 rounds.  Starting in the 8th is where I started screwing up a bit taking guys a little early. 

Maybe I should have taken Kerryon Johnson instead of Garcon or Sanders.  That might have given me a little more upside at RB. 

Fun draft, and I'm starting to catch the bug again.  Took longer this year than most.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Watson (6), Winston (18), Manning (20)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), McKinnon (3), Riddick (11), Ekeler (15)

WR: Crowder (7), Woods (8), Goodwin (9), Lee (10), Lockett (12), Enunwa (17), Cole (19)

TE: Graham (4), Engram (5), Hurst (13)

K: Gostkowski (16)

D: Minn (14)

Good Team overall....

I think you are over drafting Engram this year like everybody else.  He is going to crash this year.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Engram’s TD upside.  Could see a 2017 Jimmy Graham type year with a bit more volume.   Crash is probably strong. In fact way strong.  Eli always likes throwing to his TE’s.  The good ones at least.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Like Engram’s TD upside.  Could see a 2017 Jimmy Graham type year with a bit more volume.   Crash is probably strong. In fact way strong.  Eli always likes throwing to his TE’s.  The good ones at least.  

Engram's floor is Top 5. Im taking him in every draft I can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 9:

 

QB: Watson (6), Trubisky (19)

RB: Hunt (1), Drake (4), R Jones (5), Hines (9), Breida (12), McGuire (16), Gore (17)

WR: Diggs (3), Edelman (7), Fuller (8), Goodwin (10), Martavis (13), J Washington (18)

TE: Gronk (2), Eifert (11), Hurst (14)

D: Minn (15)

K: Gould (20)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have done 4 so far in the last month. Kinda hoping this Hurns things works out in Dallas apparently.

#1 hole-

QB- Brady (9)

RB- Gurley (1), McKinnon (2), Henry (4), Chubb (9), Riddick (10), Breida (13), Dixon (14), Gore (18)

WR- Baldwin (3), Robinson (5), Landry (6), Watkins (7), Hurns (10), Enunwa (20)

TE- Cook (12), Hooper (15)

K- Bryant (16)

D- Hou (17)

 

#2 hole-

QB- Wilson (7), Trubisky (20)

RB- Bell (1), Mixon (2), Howard (3), Michel (5), Clement (10), Lat Murray (15), D Murray pre retire (16)

WR- Thomas (4), Crabtree (6), Goodwin (8), Aghlor (9), Hurns (11), Goodwin (17)

TE- Clay (12), Cook (13), Kroft (18)

K-Bryant (19)

D- Min (14)

 

#2 hole again-

QB- Mahomes (12), Jimmy G (12)

RB- Gurley (1), Penny (4), Cohen (7), Ballage (11), D Murray pre retirement (14) Gore (16), Kelly (18)

WR- Evans (3), Watkins (6), Anderson (8), Nelson (9), Hurns (10), Ridley (15), Ginn (20

TE- Ertz (2), Engram (5)

K- Bryant (17)

D- Car (18)

 

#6 hole-

QB- Mahomes (11), Bortles (18)

RB- Kamara (1), Miller (5), Cohen (7), Coleman (8), Ballage (13), West (19)

WR- Baldwin (3), Davis (6), Woods (9), Agholor (10), Hurns (12), Richardson (15), Matthews (17)

TE- Kelce (2), Graham (4)

K- Tucker (16)

D- LAR (14)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Widbil83 said:

Have done 4 so far in the last month. Kinda hoping this Hurns things works out in Dallas apparently.

#1 hole-

QB- Brady (9)

RB- Gurley (1), McKinnon (2), Henry (4), Chubb (9), Riddick (10), Breida (13), Dixon (14), Gore (18)

WR- Baldwin (3), Robinson (5), Landry (6), Watkins (7), Hurns (10), Enunwa (20)

TE- Cook (12), Hooper (15)

K- Bryant (16)

D- Hou (17)

 

#2 hole-

QB- Wilson (7), Trubisky (20)

RB- Bell (1), Mixon (2), Howard (3), Michel (5), Clement (10), Lat Murray (15), D Murray pre retire (16)

WR- Thomas (4), Crabtree (6), Goodwin (8), Aghlor (9), Hurns (11), Goodwin (17)

TE- Clay (12), Cook (13), Kroft (18)

K-Bryant (19)

D- Min (14)

 

#2 hole again-

QB- Mahomes (12), Jimmy G (12)

RB- Gurley (1), Penny (4), Cohen (7), Ballage (11), D Murray pre retirement (14) Gore (16), Kelly (18)

WR- Evans (3), Watkins (6), Anderson (8), Nelson (9), Hurns (10), Ridley (15), Ginn (20

TE- Ertz (2), Engram (5)

K- Bryant (17)

D- Car (18)

 

#6 hole-

QB- Mahomes (11), Bortles (18)

RB- Kamara (1), Miller (5), Cohen (7), Coleman (8), Ballage (13), West (19)

WR- Baldwin (3), Davis (6), Woods (9), Agholor (10), Hurns (12), Richardson (15), Matthews (17)

TE- Kelce (2), Graham (4)

K- Tucker (16)

D- LAR (14)

 

Like team 1 the best.  Would have liked it even more if you addressed the TE position sooner.  You’ll have to add a TE there at some point.  Team 2 similar in that respect but prefer your WR’s on the 1st by a wide margin.  3 and 4, I do not like those rbs after Gurley and Kamara.  But both are strong at TE.   Do you draft teams in pairs? 1-2 are almost the same just as 3-4 Haha.  All are pretty solid teams tho.  Nicely drafted.  If I had to rank them all:  1-3-2-4.  

Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 8th hole. I'd appreciate your thoughts:

QB - Wilson (7); Stafford (13)

RB -  J Howard (3); L Miller (4); J Ajayi (5); C Hyde (9); J White (14); F Gore (19)

WR - D Hopkins (1); A Jeffery (6); E Sanders (8); K Stills (10); C Meredith (12); M Sanu (18); A Wilson (20)

TE - T Kelce (2); V McDonald (11); L Willson (16)

PK - Gostkowski (15)

Def - Den (17)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 0:07 AM, Jersey Jammer said:

From the 8th hole. I'd appreciate your thoughts:

QB - Wilson (7); Stafford (13)

RB -  J Howard (3); L Miller (4); J Ajayi (5); C Hyde (9); J White (14); F Gore (19)

WR - D Hopkins (1); A Jeffery (6); E Sanders (8); K Stills (10); C Meredith (12); M Sanu (18); A Wilson (20)

TE - T Kelce (2); V McDonald (11); L Willson (16)

PK - Gostkowski (15)

Def - Den (17)

 

 

 

I like it, you should do well with this team..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did one last night

Wentz, Carr

Kamara, Ajayi, CJ Anderson, Mack, Ekeler, Samuels

Thielen, A. Robinson, Edelman, Hurns, M. Bryant, Amendola, St Brown

Kelce, Kittles, Andrews

Philly

Gould

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coots said:

Did one last night

Wentz (9), Carr (16)

Kamara (1) Ajayi (5), CJ Anderson (10), Mack (8), Ekeler (13), Samuels (17)

Thielen (3), A. Robinson (4), Edelman (6), Hurns (11), M. Bryant (12), Amendola (14), St Brown (19/St. Wasted pick)

Kelce (2), Kittles (7), Andrews (18)

Philly (15)

Gould (20)

 

Fixed it.  Good luck 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.