What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Mock NBA Draft - And that's a wrap! Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

1.22 Bulls select Chandler Hutchison, SF, Bosie State

There are rumors that the Bulls promised to draft him here and Hutchison dropped out of the combine and stopped working out for other teams.  The promise might not be true (or, at least, not from the Bulls) but after the rumor, I spent a lot of time trying to get a feel for his game and really like him.  He improved dramatically over his college career and has an NBA body and skill set.  He's not the greatest outside shooter bout he finishes fantastically around the rim.  From interviews I've seen, he seems very bright and has his #### together.  I think he will be a nice rotational wing.

1.23 Khyri Thomas - SG - Creighton

Comparisons

Poor man's Donovan Mitchell

Bigger Terry Rozier

i mean, how can we lose?  Consistent 3 point shooter who can play on and offball with a 6’10” wingspan to help with wing defense.  At 23, we get a solid cOntributor with upside.  

1.24 Portland selects Troy Brown Jr., Duck Wing

I was gonna go another way, but i didnt expect this dropdown. Trail Blazers dont have an honest-to-god wing, now they do. He stays in Oregon and i really like the way 2017 Duck rookies Jordan Bell & Dillon Brooks outplayed their draft ranks

@Juxtatarot

Last edited by a moderator:
1.25 Bulls select Jalen Brunson, PG, Villanova

I know a lot of mocks have him going in the second round but I think this is a case of caring too much about size and athleticism and ignoring what we've seen on the court.  He's a winner that will figure it out even against bigger, stronger, faster opponents.  I think he has a very low bust probability particularly at this point in the draft.  His floor seems to be a decent backup PG with a ceiling of, perhaps, an average starter.

I know a lot of mocks have him going in the second round but I think this is a case of caring too much about size and athleticism and ignoring what we've seen on the court.  He's a winner that will figure it out even against bigger, stronger, faster opponents.  I think he has a very low bust probability particularly at this point in the draft.  His floor seems to be a decent backup PG with a ceiling of, perhaps, an average starter.
i was worried  how weak the Bulls are @ PG4....

contemplating taking Grayson Allen cause all the Sixers want to do with this pick is take whoever Boston wants and i am thinking they gravitate this way. Was hoping Huerter would fall here or Jacob Evans, so that really kind of blows

in real life i am guessing Sixers take some foreign guy who is 18 or 19 and a few years away from coming over. But for the sake of not taking forever with this pick, with 1.26, SIxers take Josh Okogie, SG/SF, Georgia Tech. A painful realization during the Celtics playoff series is how the SIxers can really struggle with athletic wings. Well, here comes an athletic guy with a non-stop motor, and he would be worth this pick to see him and TJ McConnel do a full court press on a team for stretches. WIth Jonah Bolden coming over there aren't many roster spots available, and he may be good in the G league for a year to work on further refining his game

@flranger and @Charlie Harper coming up next. and i still have 4 2nd rounders, so please offer any and all trades for any of them. 

Celtics take:  Grayson Allen.  I was absolutely hoping he would fall to the Celtics (other than Divencencio).  He really impressed at the combine with his athletic ability.  It would be a shame to see him slip to the second round, and some other playoff team buy the pick and play him like Jordan Bell this past year.  Low salary quality player.

@Charlie Harper on deck.

contemplating taking Grayson Allen cause all the Sixers want to do with this pick is take whoever Boston wants and i am thinking they gravitate this way. Was hoping Huerter would fall here or Jacob Evans, so that really kind of blows

in real life i am guessing Sixers take some foreign guy who is 18 or 19 and a few years away from coming over. But for the sake of not taking forever with this pick, with 1.26, SIxers take Josh Okogie, SG/SF, Georgia Tech. A painful realization during the Celtics playoff series is how the SIxers can really struggle with athletic wings. Well, here comes an athletic guy with a non-stop motor, and he would be worth this pick to see him and TJ McConnel do a full court press on a team for stretches. WIth Jonah Bolden coming over there aren't many roster spots available, and he may be good in the G league for a year to work on further refining his game

@flranger and @Charlie Harper coming up next. and i still have 4 2nd rounders, so please offer any and all trades for any of them. 
I can offer you #48 + Cole Aldrich for your two picks and Bayless.  Saves you $1.7M.

Celtics take:  Grayson Allen.  I was absolutely hoping he would fall to the Celtics (other than Divencencio).  He really impressed at the combine with his athletic ability.  It would be a shame to see him slip to the second round, and some other playoff team buy the pick and play him like Jordan Bell this past year.  Low salary quality player.

@Charlie Harper on deck.
I'd be pretty surprised if Grayson Allen wasn't trash in the league.

I suppose, but I just don't see an NBA-level skill that he has.  Plus he has a pretty punchable face.
Fair enough.  I'm sure your guy would have been "not trash" at pick 27.  Either way in this draft the Celtics get Grayson Allen.  Tied at combine for 6th in vertical at 40.5 inches, #1 overall in lane agility time, 9th in shuttle run at the combine and a pretty good 3pt shooter.

I'm criticizing Grayson Allen, not your pick, this all for fun.  Just giving my take on a prospect, which I think is mostly the point of this.

Love you @scoobus.  Curious who your selection for the Celtics would be?  I admit draft and stash is probably most likely if they keep it, too many assets already....

Love you @scoobus.  Curious who your selection for the Celtics would be?  I admit draft and stash is probably most likely if they keep it, too many assets already....
Yeah I agree either draft and stash or possibly a defensive-minded combo guard to replace Smart if/when he leaves, should have lots of potential options at the end of the first round if they decide to go that way.

which 2 you thinking about? in likely either way, have enough stashes over seas still. How about #38 and #56?
After Larry figured out you'd actually be saving around $6M just next year with this, I was thinking 38 and 39.  Maybe I kick in a 2nd rounder next year?

After Larry figured out you'd actually be saving around $6M just next year with this, I was thinking 38 and 39.  Maybe I kick in a 2nd rounder next year?
sure. always like more 2nd rounders. probably would end up selling one of those guys at 38 or 39 anyway. To get rid of Baylis i am happy, allows us to grab Kawhi and Lebron as soon as this draft is over

Fair enough.  I'm sure your guy would have been "not trash" at pick 27.  Either way in this draft the Celtics get Grayson Allen.  Tied at combine for 6th in vertical at 40.5 inches, #1 overall in lane agility time, 9th in shuttle run at the combine and a pretty good 3pt shooter.
Was hoping he’d slip into the second round. 

AND STILL NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS GOLDEN STATE DUBS select...

1.28 Keita Bates-Diop

Seems like the typical Warrior pick though I've never watched a game. 6'7" and 7-'3" wing span give Chad Ford a boner. Can defend multiple positions, hit the 3, smart player, and had college production as the alpha dog to prove it. A bit older, has injury history but that's why he's around this late.  I'd be thrilled if he was the Dubs actual pick.

AND STILL NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS GOLDEN STATE DUBS select...

1.28 Keita Bates-Diop

Seems like the typical Warrior pick though I've never watched a game. 6'7" and 7-'3" wing span give Chad Ford a boner. Can defend multiple positions, hit the 3, smart player, and had college production as the alpha dog to prove it. A bit older, has injury history but that's why he's around this late.  I'd be thrilled if he was the Dubs actual pick.
I only saw him play once but if he plays the way he did against MSU, Durant just lost his starting job.

1.29 - BK Nets select;  Dzanan Musa (Bosnian), F, KK Cedevita (Croatia League)

So, I have read a bunch on this guy and my wife works with a woman who is Serbian or Croatian, but definitely from the former Yugoslavia.  Also, in travelling to Italy, I spoke to a guy who vaguely remembered Andrea Bargnani.  What does this have to do with Musa?  Absolutely nothing; however, the Nets stable of Forwards does little to impress me and grabbing a versatile talent with upside that just turned 19 seems a no brainer.  Probably similar to Bojan Bogdanvich the Pacer, whom the Nets have already had, yet is 10 years younger.

Musa, lived on his own at 11 in Sarajevo, not exactly Miami Beach.  Has been a pro since 16.  Has played multiple seasons of at least 60 games.  Translates to the new NBA as a guy who can play the 1-4 or small 5, lacks defence, but can score from multiple areas in multiple ways with both hands.  Typical Euro White scouting report.  Needs to imrprove D, not athletic, needs to get stronger, is a gym rat and has the keys to the gym.  Would like to say father was a coach, but I assume Father is a farmer or in a Bosnian prison.  People all doubt the Euros, for good reason, but every so often 1 of these guys can play and this seems like value for a franchise that needs talent.

1.30 Atlanta Elie Okobo PG France

Celebrating the World Cup by taking a Euro PG to back up my Euro PG. Round Won iz DUN!

Round two, what will @scoobus doo? Ruh-roh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix selects...

2.01 Omari Spellman, PF, Villanova

43% from 3 and a solid rebounder, could form solid pairing with Ayton if he can get in elite shape. Every time I watched Villanova play he just seemed like a really smart, good player.

Michael Porter Jr. couldn't get out of bed this morning due to terrible hip spasms.  I think I'm regretting my pick.  I should have gone with Wendell Carter.  

32. Memphis          Long Ball Larry
33. Dallas                nirad3
34. Atlanta              wikkidpissah  

offering my 40 & 45 for 1 of these picks.

Michael Porter Jr. couldn't get out of bed this morning due to terrible hip spasms.  I think I'm regretting my pick.  I should have gone with Wendell Carter.  
The Sacramento beat reporters all think he is going #2. The draft is a terrifying time of year for Kings fans. 

Kings are willing to trade #37 for a late first next year, for any good teams out there wanting to get into the early second round. 

1.29 - BK Nets select;  Dzanan Musa (Bosnian), F, KK Cedevita (Croatia League)

So, I have read a bunch on this guy and my wife works with a woman who is Serbian or Croatian, but definitely from the former Yugoslavia.  Also, in travelling to Italy, I spoke to a guy who vaguely remembered Andrea Bargnani.  What does this have to do with Musa?  Absolutely nothing; however, the Nets stable of Forwards does little to impress me and grabbing a versatile talent with upside that just turned 19 seems a no brainer.  Probably similar to Bojan Bogdanvich the Pacer, whom the Nets have already had, yet is 10 years younger.

Musa, lived on his own at 11 in Sarajevo, not exactly Miami Beach.  Has been a pro since 16.  Has played multiple seasons of at least 60 games.  Translates to the new NBA as a guy who can play the 1-4 or small 5, lacks defence, but can score from multiple areas in multiple ways with both hands.  Typical Euro White scouting report.  Needs to imrprove D, not athletic, needs to get stronger, is a gym rat and has the keys to the gym.  Would like to say father was a coach, but I assume Father is a farmer or in a Bosnian prison.  People all doubt the Euros, for good reason, but every so often 1 of these guys can play and this seems like value for a franchise that needs talent.
I didn't like what I saw from the YouTube videos. He looks frail, has a hunchback, and he jumps forward on a lot of his jumpers instead of straight up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread