What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amara Darboh WR Seahawks - Dynasty and Redraft Value (1 Viewer)

I know @EBF likes him a lot.

You make an interesting observation comparing him to Sanu. I hadn't really thought of him like that as a player who can run jet sweeps and is a bit of a RB/WR tweener in the Dontarius Thomas, Percy Harvin type mold.

What I have seen of Darboh was poor hands technique with the way he catches the ball which leads to a lot of drops and why I personally do not like him. However this is something that I think is coachable and if he could improve on that maybe he will become a nice WR.

I have serious doubts about that as I think he should have taken to coaching and learned how to do that properly before entering the NFL.

The Seahawks make some strange decisions at times which doesn't help my confidence in their decision here. I guess I will leave it at that and let people who like him talk about the way he wins. 

Being able to catch the ball is the number one thing I think a WR needs to show they are able to do. If they drop passes they lose the confidence of the QB and coaching staff and can quickly see the bench if that is not corrected. So I don't have patience with that. Darboh is basically do not draft for this reason in my view but there are some players who have overcome this weakness and become decent NFL WR before.

I know @EBF likes him a lot.

You make an interesting observation comparing him to Sanu. I hadn't really thought of him like that as a player who can run jet sweeps and is a bit of a RB/WR tweener in the Dontarius Thomas, Percy Harvin type mold.

What I have seen of Darboh was poor hands technique with the way he catches the ball which leads to a lot of drops and why I personally do not like him. However this is something that I think is coachable and if he could improve on that maybe he will become a nice WR.

I have serious doubts about that as I think he should have taken to coaching and learned how to do that properly before entering the NFL.

The Seahawks make some strange decisions at times which doesn't help my confidence in their decision here. I guess I will leave it at that and let people who like him talk about the way he wins. 

Being able to catch the ball is the number one thing I think a WR needs to show they are able to do. If they drop passes they lose the confidence of the QB and coaching staff and can quickly see the bench if that is not corrected. So I don't have patience with that. Darboh is basically do not draft for this reason in my view but there are some players who have overcome this weakness and become decent NFL WR before.
Some do (hands of stone Willie Gault), and some do not (Troy Williamson).  I agree, for the most part stay away from WRs that have bricks for hands.

I've been waiting for a Seahawks WR to make something of themselves for years now.  Darboh is just another notch in the belt that got away from becoming a part of their future.  He won't last.  I actually like him as a player but his hands are a big question mark, and he seems to be more athlete than football player.  Doesn't strike me as a guy that learns the nuances of the game fast enough to become something important in fantasy circles.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12306/amara-darboh

Amara Darboh - WR - Free Agent

Seahawks waived WR Amara Darboh.

The Seahawks talked up Darboh as someone with the potential to take a step forward this season, but he ended up missing most of the summer with hip and collarbone injuries. That was no way to make the team for someone who forced himself onto the field for just 191 snaps as a rookie. The No. 106 overall pick of last year's draft, Darboh is a practice squad candidate.

Related: Seahawks

Patriots claimed WR Amara Darboh off waivers from the Seahawks.

New England also claimed WR Chad Hansen from the Jets. The Patriots were expected to be aggressive on the wire after rostering just three receivers. A third-round pick out of Michigan in 2017, Darboh managed just eight catches for 71 yards as a rookie last year and battled injuries throughout training camp. Still just 24, Darboh is a smart flyer for the receiver-starved Pats. Sep 2 - 12:48 PM

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Well, that didn't last long, did it?

Patriots waived WR Amara Darboh.

It is a bit of a surprise considering Darboh was just added off waivers on Sunday and the move leaves the Patriots with just four receivers on the active roster. It is possible New England hopes to slip Darboh onto the practice squad. Sep 4 - 1:05 PM

Source: Field Yates on Twitter

I could see him doing well with Brady, but think Brady might like Hansen more.
Bill Belichick Explains Why Patriots Claimed Receivers Chad Hansen, Amara Darboh

“We have a little bit of extra time this week — not a whole lot — so we’ll just see how quickly that can or can’t happen,” Belichick said. “I’m not really sure. We don’t have any background with these players other than from college, which, we’re a long way away from that. So we’ll just take it day by day, go through the process and see how it comes along.
What makes you think Brady will like Hansen more?

As Darboh has already been cut, that does seem to be the case. Just curious what your opinion of Hansen is and why Brady might prefer him.

Bill Belichick Explains Why Patriots Claimed Receivers Chad Hansen, Amara Darboh

What makes you think Brady will like Hansen more?

As Darboh has already been cut, that does seem to be the case. Just curious what your opinion of Hansen is and why Brady might prefer him.
more agility and flexibility. I like Hansen's leaping ability a little more than Darboh too, but not sure what the stats say. Hansen just seemed like the quicker guy on tape, and that's what Brady likes, quick, agile guys that can run routes. But I think Darboh's route running was underrated, just that he needed to get out of his bends a little quicker.

Pete Carroll said WR Amara Darboh "looked great" after the start of OTAs.

Darboh missed the entire 2018 after being placed on injured reserve with a knee injury, and Carroll now wants Darboh to go compete for a job this offseason. Doug Baldwin's retirement opens up targets, but the Seahawks added three receivers in the draft, minimizing Darboh's chances.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

May 21, 2019, 6:50 PM ET

Seahawks waived WR Amara Darboh.

It's the second-straight year Darboh has been waived. Elderly when he entered the league as a 23-year-old rookie two years ago, Darboh has failed to show any development. The fact that he couldn't crack a receiver corps this thin tells you all you need to know about his NFL future.

RELATED: 

Seattle Seahawks

Aug 27, 2019, 1:09 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread