Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018 College Football Thread: Local man buys some teenage champions a 4 for 4

42 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

On a football note, I like how the author of the article throws a small jab at the playoff committee (or the Tigers, or ND, or all three) for not including Ohio State in the playoff:

The Tigers, who won the national college football championship after not having to play my alma mater Ohio State, had the traditional...

:lol:  Thank goodness Clemson didn't have to play that big10, er.. 14 conference representative.  

• Like 2

There is a lot to love about that picture but I think my favorite part is the painting of Lincoln above him with a look of absolute disgust.  Guessing that's been memed well already. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beef Ravioli said:

The president could have served T-bone steaks, and people would have found reason to ridicule him. Sounds like the team enjoyed the spread.

No, I would've found this to be better suited and not laughed at all. 

How was that dinner at the White House???

Unbelievable!!! You ever hear of this delicacy, called a Chalupa Supreme Gordita Crunch!!??? I had 7 of them, and some Chicken McNuggets!!

Furthermore, let's not pretend this guy is sitting in that building with no help and couldn't delegate this to someone that could've done a good job. Could've ordered like 30 ounces of Waygu beef per person, along with King Crab legs, lobster, german potatoes, creamed spinach, shrimp cocktail, had people walking around with excellent hor d'oeuvres etc., and had a fast food station on the side, almost as a gag.. I'd assume this is something the most powerful place in the world could get done rather easily. 

I host people and bring lunches as well for meetings. I have a #### you lunch, which sucks (yet is still above fast food), and I have thank you and "I want to impress someone" meals. If I was to serve fast food to a group as a meal, it would be somewhere below a #### you meal and above an "I just ran over your dog on purpose" meal. 

I'm glad he paid for it though. Even if true, which I don't believe, I'd bet dollars to donuts he will be reimbursed. The whole thing is so dumb.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Unbelievable!!! You ever hear of this delicacy, called a Chalupa Supreme Gordita Crunch!!??? I had 7 of them, and some Chicken McNuggets!!

Furthermore, let's not pretend this guy is sitting in that building with no help and couldn't delegate this to someone that could've done a good job. Could've ordered like 30 ounces of Waygu beef per person, along with King Crab legs, lobster, german potatoes, creamed spinach, shrimp cocktail, had people walking around with excellent hor d'oeuvres etc., and had a fast food station on the side, almost as a gag.. I'd assume this is something the most powerful place in the world could get done rather easily. 

I host people and bring lunches as well for meetings. I have a #### you lunch, which sucks (yet is still above fast food), and I have thank you and "I want to impress someone" meals. If I was to serve fast food to a group as a meal, it would be somewhere below a #### you meal and above an "I just ran over your dog on purpose" meal. 

I'm glad he paid for it though. Even if true, which I don't believe, I'd bet dollars to donuts he will be reimbursed. The whole thing is so dumb.  

Is the #### you lunch Panera?  I’m guessing Panera. 

1 minute ago, bigmarc27 said:

Usually Pret A Manger - I show up and just plop a bunch of cold sandwiches on table. 

3 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I dunno, I've had candlelight Big Mac dinners before.

(When I was out of power. :P)

A twitter account with 1.84M followers made up the quote. 1.84M people were retweeting thinking a college QB would say "President Trump got all our favorite foods, it was the best meal we ever had. Then we go and see the coastal elite media trashing it for not being organic vegan. We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."

https://www.independentmail.com/story/news/2019/01/15/trump-clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-denies-calling-white-house-meal-best/2582543002/?fbclid=IwAR1bC1zxAcGLPGm5djiWh484eiQkqe7N7ZjRDCXZybPUiNTzrZqvIZDR9nw

:doh:

44 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

A twitter account with 1.84M followers made up the quote. 1.84M people were retweeting thinking a college QB would say "President Trump got all our favorite foods, it was the best meal we ever had. Then we go and see the coastal elite media trashing it for not being organic vegan. We're football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue collar party."

https://www.independentmail.com/story/news/2019/01/15/trump-clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-denies-calling-white-house-meal-best/2582543002/?fbclid=IwAR1bC1zxAcGLPGm5djiWh484eiQkqe7N7ZjRDCXZybPUiNTzrZqvIZDR9nw

:doh:

Wait so a pro-Trump guy shared fake news?

SHOCKING!

/s

8 hours ago, [icon] said:

Jeff Sagarin, one of the most respected statisticians in the game is the one who’s numbers said pretty much EVERY SEC team played a harder schedule than OSU. 

But you continue living in denial. :thumbup: :tinfoilhat:

He's not very respected at least in my book when you and him babble on about the same trash that espn does.  He's a joke if he actually believes what you wrote. 

It's only a matter of time before someone invites this Clemson team to a proper celebration right?  Like an NFL player or something....maybe?  I'm surprised they haven't been invited to dozens of these things already.  They'll be eating like kings for weeks!!

24 minutes ago, The Commish said:

It's only a matter of time before someone invites this Clemson team to a proper celebration right?  Like an NFL player or something....maybe?  I'm surprised they haven't been invited to dozens of these things already.  They'll be eating like kings for weeks!!

There's gotta be a Bojangles franchisee who'd be all over this. 

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Quavo invites them to something tonight. 

11 hours ago, The Commish said:

Strahan invited the entire Clemson team for Lobster

https://abcnews4.com/sports/college-football/michael-strahan-invites-clemson-tigers-to-dinner-on-good-morning-america

9 hours ago, Capella said:

Quavo invites them to something tonight. 

7 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Sorta surprised there aren't more of these sorts of things, but good for them :thumbup: 

20 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:
21 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

you leave parnera the hell out of this take that to the bank brohan 

• Like 2

Apparently Lincoln Riley is stopping one of his QB from transferring to WVU as a graduate transfer at the same time he's recruiting Jalen Hurts to come to Oklahoma as a graduate transfer.   Bad look, if true.

18 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Apparently Lincoln Riley is stopping one of his QB from transferring to WVU as a graduate transfer at the same time he's recruiting Jalen Hurts to come to Oklahoma as a graduate transfer.   Bad look, if true.

BOOMER!  :football:

17 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

We didn't seem to mind accepting Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech and when they tried to block him from gaining an extra year, we threw a fit. Let him go wherever he wants, he has represented our program very well, make good grades and graduated early. He did his part.  Not a good luck for the Sooners.   if true

Sooners - 2019 CFP Champs.

As well as a good chance at a Heisman Three-Peat.

Just glad he chose not to wear some gaudy color scheme like orange and blue.

Edited by scottybo

15 minutes ago, scottybo said:

Sooners - 2019 CFP Champs.

As well as a good chance at a Heisman Three-Peat.

Just glad he chose not to wear some gaudy color scheme like orange and blue.

That would be awesome back to back to back Heisman winners. 

1 hour ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

We didn't seem to mind accepting Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech and when they tried to block him from gaining an extra year, we threw a fit. Let him go wherever he wants, he has represented our program very well, make good grades and graduated early. He did his part.  Not a good luck for the Sooners.   if true

Mayfield had to sit a year, Murray did as well right? Neither were graduate transfers.

I agree it's not a good look and wish OU would just let it go but they do this for all conference schools and anyone else on the schedule for the next two years. I don't think Bama would let Hurts go to Auburn. 

And they aren't stopping the transfer, OU doesn't have the ability to do that. They are blocking him from becoming eligible right away. I didn't realize they even had that option. I do agree it's a bad look and hope he either finds a different school or they can work something out. He's got two years of eligibility left. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Mayfield had to sit a year, Murray did as well right? Neither were graduate transfers.

I agree it's not a good look and wish OU would just let it go but they do this for all conference schools and anyone else on the schedule for the next two years. I don't think Bama would let Hurts go to Auburn. 

For some reason I'm fairly sure Baker did not have to sit out.

5 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

For some reason I'm fairly sure Baker did not have to sit out.

He did. He ended up getting that extra year of eligibility because he couldn't burn his red-shirt during the season he sat. 2014 I believe. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Moe. said:

He did. He ended up getting that extra year of eligibility because he couldn't burn his red-shirt during the season he sat. 2014 I believe. 

Ah yes - so he sat out, but he got the year of eligibility back. 

16 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

Ah yes - so he sat out, but he got the year of eligibility back. 

Yeah, there was some dumb Big 12 rule that said if you transferred within the conference you couldn’t use your RS that first year - you had to lose a year of eligibility. 

They later determined that the rule didn’t apply to non-scholarship players which is why he got the year back.

• Like 1

The ACC released its complete football schedule today. Here are the weekend slates that Notre Dame’s five ACC opponents will play the week before facing the Irish.

Open Date

Old Dominion

Open Date

Open Date

Open Date

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moe. said:

And they aren't stopping the transfer, OU doesn't have the ability to do that. They are blocking him from becoming eligible right away. I didn't realize they even had that option. I do agree it's a bad look and hope he either finds a different school or they can work something out. He's got two years of eligibility left. 

Dec. 31: Five-star Oklahoma QB signee Spencer Rattler: "Coach Riley told me he's not taking a transfer quarterback anytime soon," per @SWiltfong247

Jan. 16: Jalen Hurts announces transfer to Oklahoma

Oops

14 minutes ago, LAUNCH said:

Dec. 31: Five-star Oklahoma QB signee Spencer Rattler: "Coach Riley told me he's not taking a transfer quarterback anytime soon," per @SWiltfong247

Jan. 16: Jalen Hurts announces transfer to Oklahoma

Oops

I think Fields was who he had in mind when that statement was made. 

Rattler won't even be in Norman until this summer so it was always going to be tough for 2019. Riley isn't an idiot, I'm sure he talked this over with Rattler at some point this month. 

If bringing in Hurts was going to jeopardize the relationship with Rattler it wouldn't be happening. They are not on the same level and you only get Hurts for one year anyhow. 

Edited by Moe.

41 minutes ago, LAUNCH said:

The ACC released its complete football schedule today. Here are the weekend slates that Notre Dame’s five ACC opponents will play the week before facing the Irish.

Open Date

Old Dominion

Open Date

Open Date

Open Date

That's what it's been for Georgia Tech games when Johnson was there with the option but no ACC team has a bye before us this year. Coincidence, eh?   

Happy for Jalen and hope his growth throwing the ball continues. Enos did wonders for him as a QB coach, which he’d never had.

Jalen v Tua in the CFP would be fantastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

That's what it's been for Georgia Tech games when Johnson was there with the option but no ACC team has a bye before us this year. Coincidence, eh?   

Yeah the PJ schedule. 

ACC definitely gave Clemson the best possible schedule - they know who the cash cow is now.

Open with GT on a Thursday, giving extra time before aTm

Byes before FSU and UofSC

Wofford before @NCSt

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Moe. said:

I don't think Bama would let Hurts go to Auburn. 

Not that it matters, but the SEC has a rule forbidding schools from dictating what schools a grad transfer cannot transfer to, including in conference.

52 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Wofford?

Small school in South Carolina - Panthers do (did?) hold their training camp there. 

Clemson and SCar generally rotate the small SC schools around to fill a week and give them a nice windfall to their athletic budgets. Wofford, Forman, Coastal Carolina, SC State, Citadel, etc...  Of course sometimes playing these gimme games can be tough for some teams.

The Citadel has beaten SCar.

2 of the past 3 meetings.

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Yeah the PJ schedule. 

ACC definitely gave Clemson the best possible schedule - they know who the cash cow is now.

Open with GT on a Thursday, giving extra time before aTm

Byes before FSU and UofSC

Wofford before @NCSt

Going to Syracuse the week after A&M early in the season won't be easy.  And Clemson doesn't play a cupcake early either (hold the GT jokes, please!). 

3 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Not that it matters, but the SEC has a rule forbidding schools from dictating what schools a grad transfer cannot transfer to, including in conference.

SEC! SEC!

6 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Wofford?

Terriers are my jam! 

14 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Until they change the rules it’s a strategic decision. I don’t care for it myself but Kendall can go anywhere except within the Big 12. 

9 hours ago, Moe. said:

I think Fields was who he had in mind when that statement was made. 

Rattler won't even be in Norman until this summer so it was always going to be tough for 2019. Riley isn't an idiot, I'm sure he talked this over with Rattler at some point this month. 

If bringing in Hurts was going to jeopardize the relationship with Rattler it wouldn't be happening. They are not on the same level and you only get Hurts for one year anyhow. 

OU is gonna have three scholarship QBs next year. mordecai will be the backup, Rattler will be on a redshirt program. Not much room for error there, Rattler gonna get a shot sooner than later. 

Plus why not learn from Hurts? He’s got rings and things, and one year on the sideline under Riley is worth its weight in gold. Win, win and Mordecai might be the guy anyway. 

10 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Small school in South Carolina - Panthers do (did?) hold their training camp there. 

Clemson and SCar generally rotate the small SC schools around to fill a week and give them a nice windfall to their athletic budgets. Wofford, Forman, Coastal Carolina, SC State, Citadel, etc...  Of course sometimes playing these gimme games can be tough for some teams.

The Citadel has beaten SCar.

2 of the past 3 meetings.

Ohio does that for most of the smaller schools in state...except for Youngstown State (yes, I realize they're FCS).

5 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Until they change the rules it’s a strategic decision. I don’t care for it myself but Kendall can go anywhere except within the Big 12. 

Check your email for the updated talking points. You're behind on this.