What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 College Football Thread: Local man buys some teenage champions a 4 for 4 (1 Viewer)

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-LeBron-James-7-year-championship-trend-comes-to-an-end-118908328

2009-10: Alabama won title; LeBron lost in semifinals 
2010-11: Alabama went 10-3; LeBron lost in Finals 
2011-12: Alabama won title; LeBron won title 
2012-13: Alabama won title; LeBron won title 
2013-14: Alabama went 11-2; LeBron lost in Finals 
2014-15: Alabama lost in semifinals; LeBron lost in Finals 
2015-16: Alabama won title; LeBron won title 
2016-17: Alabama lost in title game; LeBron lost in Finals 
2017-18: Alabama won title; LeBron lost in Finals

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-heisman-trophy-betting-odds-alabama-qb-tua-tagovailoa-among-leaders/

Bryce Love RB, Stanford 7/1

Jonathan Taylor RB, Wisconsin 8/1

Khalil Tate QB, Arizona 9/1

Tua Tagovailoa QB, Alabama 10/1

J.K. Dobbins RB, Ohio State 12/1

Jake Fromm QB, Georgia 12/1

Jarrett Stidham QB, Auburn 12/1

Will Grier QB, West Virginia 12/1

Justin Herbert QB, Oregon 15/1

Kelly Bryant QB, Clemson 15/1

McKenzie Milton QB, UCF 18/1

Trace McSorley QB, Penn State 18/1

Cam Akers RB, Florida State 22/1

Jake Browning QB, Washington 22/1

Rodney Anderson RB, Oklahoma 25/1

Ryan Finley QB, NC State 25/1

10 Best College Football Towns in America According to USA Today:

1. Madison (Wisconsin)
2. Athens (Georgia )
3. Austin (Texas)
4. Baton Rouge (LSU)
5. Ann Arbor (Michigan)
6. Tuscaloosa (Alabama)
7. Auburn 
8. Miami
9. South Bend (Notre Dame)
10. Boise State

Been to 5, 8 and 9. Should have gone to 1 when I had the chance. :kicksrock:

So, talk me into going to 2 this year (and 7 in 2020).

10 Best College Football Towns in America According to USA Today:

1. Madison (Wisconsin)
2. Athens (Georgia )
3. Austin (Texas)
4. Baton Rouge (LSU)
5. Ann Arbor (Michigan)
6. Tuscaloosa (Alabama)
7. Auburn 
8. Miami
9. South Bend (Notre Dame)
10. Boise State

Been to 5, 8 and 9. Should have gone to 1 when I had the chance. :kicksrock:

So, talk me into going to 2 this year (and 7 in 2020).
Miami?!?! :lmao: :lmao:  

I know a 4 star player is ho-hum to most of you brand name programs, but it's a big deal for Arkansas. Razorbacks got their 1st 4 star recruit of the Morris era!

https://247sports.com/Article/Shamar-Nash-commits-to-Arkansas-Razorbacks-recruiting-Memphis-IMG-Academy-118914451

Arkansas picked up a big commitment Saturday morning in Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy wide receiver Shamar Nash after he wrapped up an official visit with the Razorbacks. Nash went into his official visit in Fayetteville as a Missouri Tigers commitment but flipped to the Hogs before leaving town on Saturday.

Miami?!?! :lmao: :lmao:  
On the surface, I agree 100%.  However, I went to the Miami-Notre Dame game last year and it blew away any live football game experience I have had.  Although, my live game experience has been limited to Jets games and one at West Point.  

Scheduled to go to the FSU game this year.

Does this mean freshman can sit out the first few months and start playing mid November and the bowl game without losing a year?  Obviously doesn't change for the elite guys that play their first year anyway.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy

FollowingFollowing @Brett_McMurphy

NCAA passes redshirt rule, allowing players to play up to four games in a season & still being able to be redshirted. Starts w/this season

This might be the best change to a rule ever.  Coaches can't control where kids transfer to any longer.

Beginning in October, student-athletes who want to transfer to another school can not be blocked by their current school & don’t need permission to transfer. Transfers will go into a national transfer database, allowing other coaches to contact them directly

Ramblin Wreck said:
Does this mean freshman can sit out the first few months and start playing mid November and the bowl game without losing a year?  Obviously doesn't change for the elite guys that play their first year anyway.

NCAA passes redshirt rule, allowing players to play up to four games in a season & still being able to be redshirted. Starts w/this season
This is helpful where an injury happens later on in the season and you can plug in a redshirt and not burn it.  :thumbup:

Ramblin Wreck said:

The previous rule was tied to early season right? I think it’s flexibility to PT regardless of when in the season...makes sense.

On the surface, I agree 100%.  However, I went to the Miami-Notre Dame game last year and it blew away any live football game experience I have had.  Although, my live game experience has been limited to Jets games and one at West Point.  

Scheduled to go to the FSU game this year.
Miami comes out for the fsu and the occasional ND game but they frequently play in front of less than 30k. Any list with them on it is a total joke. 

Miami comes out for the fsu and the occasional ND game but they frequently play in front of less than 30k. Any list with them on it is a total joke. 
Looking at the list, I have to assume it had nothing to do with game day experience and simply rated the “town”. It’s hard to argue how much of a good time one could have on South Beach (though it rained four straight days when I was there). But like I said above, Miami is no more of a “college town” than New Orleans or LA would be.

Yeah definitely agree with your take on Miami laughably being on this list.  I may go to the chump game they put on for parents weekend and I am sure the atmosphere will be much different than last year's ND game.

Kicking off the season with Michigan/Notre Dame will be a lot of fun again.

I don’t care if we go 2-10 this year as long as we beat Michigan and USC. 

At the ACC summer media thing Larry Fedora has dropped this genius comment and now he's talking about the military.  WTF?

Josh Graham‏ @_JoshDGraham

Larry Fedora: “Our game is under attack ... I fear that the game will be pushed so far from what we know that we won’t recognize it 10 years from now. And if it does, our country will go down too.” #ACCKickoff

Matt Fortuna‏Verified account @Matt_Fortuna

UNC coach Larry Fedora says he once spoke with a general and asked him what makes the American military the best in the world. The general’s answer, per Fedora, was simple: The United States is the only football-playing nation in the world.

I actually agree with the first part.  Pop warner numbers in decline which will lead to less talent all the way up. 

Users who are viewing this thread