What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chad Hansen, WR NYJ, Thread (1 Viewer)

the lone star

Footballguy
Thought I'd create a thread for him, because hey, he could earn some quality snaps this year.

A lot of people have compared him to Decker, but I don't think he's quite that. He does have decent size, quickness, and hops though. I like him as a stash candidate for a taxi squad in a deep dynasty league.

Rotoworld:

MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Jets believe 2017 fourth-round WR Chad Hansen could play a "Pierre Garcon-type" role in their offense.

Hansen was limited to just nine catches as a rookie, but it sounds like the Jets have bigger plans for him as a sophomore. There is a glut of names ahead of Hansen on the depth chart, but each of them comes with considerable concerns. Quincy Enunwa is returning from a serious injury, Robby Anderson could be facing a suspension, and Terrelle Pryor has another ankle issue. If any of those situations go bad, Hansen could be the one to step up. He will be a name to watch in camp.

Source: MMQB 

May 31 - 10:12 AM

squistion said:
Dude, you created a thread for Chad Hansen before. I remember because I commented in it.

Did you delete that thread and if so, why?
The thread previously was Darboh and Hansen in one thread.  I know this because I checked as soon as this was created.  I imagine this is why this thread is "acceptable."

The thread previously was Darboh and Hansen in one thread.  I know this because I checked as soon as this was created.  I imagine this is why this thread is "acceptable."
No, Daroh and Hansen is yet another (third) thread and not this one, nor is it the prior Chad Hansen thread I referred to because I posted in it, and there are no posts of mine in Darboh/Hansen.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Daroh and Hansen in yet another (third) thread and not this one, nor is it the prior Chad Hansen thread I referred to because I posted in it, and there are no posts of mine in Darboh/Hansen.
I misspoke then and must have missed that. 

Who was also criticized in this forum for his late breakout age by a number of the so called rookie expert analysts.
Hansen's breakout age was later, but honestly, you can't pay a whole lot of attention to that. If they have an elite breakout age, then that's a good sign, but after that it can vary depending on team, QB, coaches, system, etc..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12296/chad-hansen

Patriots claimed WR Chad Hansen off waivers from the Jets.

Hansen played over 30% of the Jets' offensive snaps as a rookie last year, but he had a quiet training camp and couldn't beat out Charone Peake, among others. New England is paper thin at wideout, but neither Hansen nor fellow waiver claim Amara Darboh is a good bet to earn a role before Julian Edelman returns. Sep 2 - 12:50 PM

Hansen will only be on that roster for as long as it takes Bellicheat and the other coaches to pick his brain about the Jets playbook.

Then they will dump him like a week old bucket of soup out on to the street.

This is an old patriots move they have been doing for years

Hansen will only be on that roster for as long as it takes Bellicheat and the other coaches to pick his brain about the Jets playbook.

Because the Jets are such a threat? 

I know they've been doing it, I'm just not seeing the real value here if that's their only intent.

Would think it's more likely they want to see if he can play receiver with a great QB.

Hansen is a classic Patriots type of receiver.  If he sticks, this could prove interesting. 
I dropped him when the Jets did, but then picked him back up after hearing this. Exactly my thoughts too. Maybe they did grab him just to pick his brain (easy drop if that happens), but he's worth the flyer on the Pats.

Do they really need Jets knowledge? Not like they have any trouble against them...this seems more like a legit pick-up to me.

So they already cut him?

I dropped him when the Jets did, but then picked him back up after hearing this. Exactly my thoughts too. Maybe they did grab him just to pick his brain (easy drop if that happens), but he's worth the flyer on the Pats.
Hansen was reportedly one of the stars of spring practice.  It sounded like he had really taken a big step since last season.  I'm not sure what happened between minicamp and training camp, but he went from spring standout to summer disappointment.  He evidently did nothing to distinguish himself in training camp or preseason.  It is obviously worrisome when a WR-thin team like the Jets cut ties with him after just one season, but the Patriots have had some success with other reclamation projects, and Hansen fits the mold.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12896/riley-mccarron

Patriots waived WR Riley McCarron and WR Chad Hansen.

McCarron made his own bed, failing to catch his lone target and muffing a punt at the Patriots' 16-yard line in the team's Week 1 win over the Texans. Chad Hansen, recently claimed off waivers from the Jets, will also look for another team. Patriots receivers now include Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett, Julian Edelman, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Matthew Slater.

Related: Patriots

Source: Field Yates on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12896/riley-mccarron

Patriots waived WR Riley McCarron and WR Chad Hansen.

McCarron made his own bed, failing to catch his lone target and muffing a punt at the Patriots' 16-yard line in the team's Week 1 win over the Texans. Chad Hansen, recently claimed off waivers from the Jets, will also look for another team. Patriots receivers now include Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett, Julian Edelman, Cordarrelle Patterson, and Matthew Slater.

Related: Patriots

Source: Field Yates on Twitter
That ended quickly.

Hansen was reportedly one of the stars of spring practice.  It sounded like he had really taken a big step since last season.  I'm not sure what happened between minicamp and training camp, but he went from spring standout to summer disappointment.  He evidently did nothing to distinguish himself in training camp or preseason.  It is obviously worrisome when a WR-thin team like the Jets cut ties with him after just one season, but the Patriots have had some success with other reclamation projects, and Hansen fits the mold.  
A lot of guys are spring standouts though.

A Chad Hansen sighting.

Broncos signed WR Chad Hansen, QB Garrett Grayson, LB Alexander Johnson, WR Fred Brown, OG Austin Schlottmann, RB Khalfani Muhammad, DE Caushaud Lyons, CB Linden Stephens, OL Andreas Knappe, and S Shamarko Thomas to reserve/future contracts.

Hansen was a fourth-round pick of the Jets last year but only lasted one season with Gang Green. Grayson was a 2015 third-round pick of the Saints. Jan 2 - 2:45 PM

A Chad Hansen sighting.

Broncos signed WR Chad Hansen, QB Garrett Grayson, LB Alexander Johnson, WR Fred Brown, OG Austin Schlottmann, RB Khalfani Muhammad, DE Caushaud Lyons, CB Linden Stephens, OL Andreas Knappe, and S Shamarko Thomas to reserve/future contracts.

Hansen was a fourth-round pick of the Jets last year but only lasted one season with Gang Green. Grayson was a 2015 third-round pick of the Saints. Jan 2 - 2:45 PM
He's alive! ALIVE!!!

Because the Jets are such a threat? 

I know they've been doing it, I'm just not seeing the real value here if that's their only intent.

Would think it's more likely they want to see if he can play receiver with a great QB.
Obviously this response is now outdated - but the Pats have done this repeatedly with almost every Jet (and other team's) player(s) that are cut shortly before the Pats upcoming game. So sure the Jets are not a " threat" in our eyes but Belichick doesn't see things that way. He will take every advantage he can get - and I can't blame him for that.

Users who are viewing this thread