What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, CAR (2 Viewers)

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Chark with a rather pedestrian day, 4 for 44.

Will be bigger days ahead, he's clearly a key part of this passing offense.

Dede had a nicer day and you wonder if he continues to do well how that impacts target load.

Either way, Chark remains what he was -- a boom/bust receiver with upside. 
every wr has 4/40 days....the best of the best do....

kid is balling and like many have said he had a nice td calldd back on a bs hold imo

He also had another TD where the defender came in a swatted the ball away the last second. Also had a 40 yard bomb he caught but Minshew threw it a half foot to far out of bounds and Chark couldn't get his other foot down. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Chark with a rather pedestrian day, 4 for 44.

Will be bigger days ahead, he's clearly a key part of this passing offense.

Dede had a nicer day and you wonder if he continues to do well how that impacts target load.

Either way, Chark remains what he was -- a boom/bust receiver with upside. 
Trying to trade for him in redraft and dynasty based on his pedestrian numbers yesterday. He looks really good to me. 

Thoughts on Chark versus Mclaurin moving forward? That Redskins QB situation seems shaky. In a small 8 team league and Chark is on waivers.

Not an owner but the talent is pretty clear!  Somehow J-ville looking like they are getting somewhere on offense.

The arrow is way up for Chark.

Trying to trade for him in redraft and dynasty based on his pedestrian numbers yesterday. He looks really good to me. 
To be clear, he looks really good overall to me as well -- which is why I snagged him off waivers weeks ago.

His mode is clearly 4 catches/game, and what he has done with them has been more positive than not, so the pedestrian comment wasn't a knock but a comment about the 44 yards compared to previous weeks (4/144/1, 7/55/1, 4/76/1).

In terms of fantasy, he's been a solid contributor so far, so wondering if going forward, is going to continue that way, or will we see more games where Dede is the favored receiver and he turns those 4-8 targets and ~4 receptions into something less dependable than he's been.

I'm betting he continues to contribute as the skill is there, the QB trust is there, and he passes the eye test. But I may just consider more lower end games like this past one coming into play than previously.

Watching Minshew/Chark starting to work so well together and I can't help but think Chark is the next AJ Green. A future top 5 WR for FF the next 5+ years barring injury........

every week start for me....panthers got torched by jamies and godwin not too long ago
Godwin went 9/8/121/1 that game.  Evans had 8 targets but only went 4/61 or something like that, being followed by Bradberry most of the way. 

hoping a panthers fan can chime in here - will Bradberry shadow Dede or chark? Does he actually shadow, or play one side ala Sherman in Seattle?  Chark could be in for the Godwin share if Dede gets him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be phenomenal if there was a reliable, updated source that kept tabs on things like this for each team going against a D with shutdown corners/safeties.
Is Bradberry even a “shutdown” guy?  I haven’t paid close enough attention to him, only watched the one game where he held Evans in check, but Evans was still recovering from his illness supposedly so how much is attributed to that? 

Im picking up your sarcasm, of course there’s resources out there, just trying to spark conversation about Chark and week 5

Is Bradberry even a “shutdown” guy?  I haven’t paid close enough attention to him, only watched the one game where he held Evans in check, but Evans was still recovering from his illness supposedly so how much is attributed to that? 

Im picking up your sarcasm, of course there’s resources out there, just trying to spark conversation about Chark and week 5
Apologies, wasn't being sarcastic at all, and was asking that question earnestly and honestly. 

I don't know if Bradberry is a shutdown guy -- I recall him winning the starting job when Norman was released, but definitely haven't heard his name mentioned among the Patrick Petersons/Jalen Ramsays/Xavien Howards of the NFL.

Maybe I was wrong to use that word in this context, just going by the fact that you seemed concerned his ability would limit Chark, so made an assumption he was a guy worth worrying about.

And if you know of great resources that continually track who the Patrick Petersons/Jalen Ramsays/Xavien Howards/Stephon Gilmores/Kyle Fullers/Darius Slays of the world normally cover -- which WR, which side of the field, where they bounce between coverages, what types of receivers have done well against these corners, etc. -- I am all ears!

As to Chark this weekend, I am looking to start him given injury and byes impacting my team, but not psyched about the prospect. 

Panthers put up an impressive showing against HOU last weekend limiting Watson to just 130 yards and no TDs.  No WR went over 41 yards. I put this together with the fact that the CAR D came into the game allowing the second fewest passing yards per game, and the third most sacks, and I see a lot of trouble on the horizon for Chark and Minshew on the road against a CAR team desperate to stay in the hunt in their division.. 

Just read that Bradberry has allowed just 96 yards total off of 17 targets this year. Whether that qualifies as "shut-down" or not, it's still very, very good through 4 games.

And from what I've read, should be shadowing Chark.

every week start for me....panthers got torched by jamies and godwin not too long ago.....

Godwin went 9/8/121/1 that game.  Evans had 8 targets but only went 4/61 or something like that, being followed by Bradberry most of the way. 

hoping a panthers fan can chime in here - will Bradberry shadow Dede or chark? Does he actually shadow, or play one side ala Sherman in Seattle?  Chark could be in for the Godwin share if Dede gets him...
Jameis does have the most yards against the Panthers (208), but they certainly weren't torched.  The 208 is even more impressive when you consider they've faced Goff, Jameis, Murray and Watson.  Now I expect Fournette to have a good game, so maybe he gets a play action TD, but Carolina pass D is tough.

What league settings could he be on the wire of? I try not to be the “hurr is it a 4 man league” guy but he’s WR10 overall (not counting this game)
this is an expert modified keeper league with 10 teams.  Nobody trusts him i guess and he just hasn't been picked up

i almost did this morning but it would require me dropping robbie anderson as a keeper and i couldn't do it.  Now that the games have started we ahve moved to waivers so i put a waiver claim in for him on that exact move

I'm a Jags fan who owns Chark, JuJu, Thielen, Watkins and Sutton, and I haven't started DJ yet.

But he may be a matchup proof must-start

I'm a Jags fan who owns Chark, JuJu, Thielen, Watkins and Sutton, and I haven't started DJ yet.

But he may be a matchup proof must-start
I ended up starting Chark and Dede this week in one league. 2(!) Jags WR’s, I think the earth shook on its axis when I did.  We’re living in the bizarro world now.  Lol

Outstanding catch.  Again that was the play of an elite WR.  Dude is ballin out this year.  

Users who are viewing this thread