What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, CAR (1 Viewer)

I tried to buy with Jacoby Brissett in a superflex and got denied without counter.   Brissett is particularly good in this scoring format (punishes sacks and turnovers harshly).  He has 10x as many points as Baker Mayfield in this league so far  :lol:

Buyers in my leagues are particularly shy this year.  Maybe it's the combination of 2020 draft hype and the carnage of injuries hitting everyone's team?  

I was just offered Alshon Jeffrey and a (late) 2020 1st for Chark in dynasty.  Still thinking about it...
That's a fair offer. Alshon is a bit of an eye-of-the-beholder value guy. Tough to pay much more than that for a guy who has had a few good games. That's what makes this fun though. When you're right - like I was when I went after Tyreek his rookie year - it's glorious. When you're wrong and trade Tyler Lockett for rookie Anthony Miller, not so much.

Lot of excitement in here for this guy...and for good reason.

That said, everyone seems to be ignoring Lattimore who has been lights out and the NO pass D has regrouped quite a bit.

Chark is due for some regression.

Lot of excitement in here for this guy...and for good reason.

That said, everyone seems to be ignoring Lattimore who has been lights out and the NO pass D has regrouped quite a bit.

Chark is due for some regression.
Lattimore has me worried, but Evans has not been great against the Panthers.

Me too - been trying to sell him for a 2020 1st and getting no love.  Seems people don't believe he's the real deal....of course, I'm trying to "sell high" so obviously I'm not sold on him long term either :)
I think you’ll be happy nobody took those offers.  Chark is the real deal 

Don Hutson said:
I think Chark is one of those players where no one is going to sell him cheap but no one is going to pay much to acquire him either.  You can't buy low or sell high.  He won't get traded in many leagues.
got him in a trade just last week....for a future 2/3/4th rounders

As an owner: I’d sell for an early 2020 1st, and buy for a late 2020 1st. 2/3/4 is not good value for a 23 year old putting up wr1 numbers and looking good doing it

As an owner: I’d sell for an early 2020 1st, and buy for a late 2020 1st. 2/3/4 is not good value for a 23 year old putting up wr1 numbers and looking good doing it
I just offered two 2020 3rds, and a 4th.

solely because of the earlier “2/3/4” trade.

I’d step it up to a 2/3/3

Chark is fun right now. But he’s far from a given thing. Take that rookie draft value, IMO.

yes I’m buying. But I’d never offer a 2020 early first lol ... really?

Just dealt in my .5ppr league. 

Chark and 2021 first for Bell

Team moving Chark took over bad team and is rebuilding. Interesting strategy as he is building by dealing picks for players to compete now. 

Acquired Mahomes, Fournette and now Bell and is deep at WR. 

I thought it was steep for Bell but definitely cashed in on Chark hype

I tried to trade DJ Moore to a team who had Chark in the off-season for his late first. His reply? "No way, DJ Chark will score more fantasy points than DJ Moore." Told him let's make that statement interesting and bet 2020 league dues and he accepted. 

😕

Last edited by a moderator:

Chark is fun right now. But he’s far from a given thing. Take that rookie draft value, IMO.

why not? wasn't Chark an early round draft pick IRL? Not like he came out of absolutely nowhere. I think he's worth a 1 at this point, and wouldn't consider an early 1 unreasonable

why not? wasn't Chark an early round draft pick IRL? Not like he came out of absolutely nowhere. I think he's worth a 1 at this point, and wouldn't consider an early 1 unreasonable
He was a second-round draft pick out of college, so the story goes.

I mean, I am not at all looking to sell. An early 1 is what it would take pick-wise to claw him away.

I don’t think it’s any more unrealistic a deal prospect than thinking you could get him for 3/3/4 in the other direction though. If that’s your offer it’s a stretch to say you’re “buying;” there’s probably not a top 5 scorer at any position I wouldn’t mash accept to trade that for (much less a highly drafted 23 year old one)

Feeling a letdown game coming, a lot are touting Westbrook as the better start today due to Lattimore. Come on DJ, prove them wrong!

he's a second round draft pick in his second year putting up WR1 numbers....can't figure out why a first, even a high first, would seem all that dramatic
Just having a little fun. I'm a baby Chark owner but am so deep at WR I'd probably take any 1st for him.

What’s Chark’s outlook the rest of the way? It’s my trade deadline week and I’m debating making a move for him. What do you all think Chark is work in terms of a first round 2020 pick?

I'd certainly pay a mid 1st. Hard to know what constitutes a mid round finish at this point, and the trade deadline is upon us in most leagues. I wouldn't give an early 1st and don't want to risk losing out on the chance. 

Meanwhile what do we think of Chark for the rest of this season? We don't know what to expect with Foles but I am hoping Chark eats.

Cautiously optimistic for him to stick in the Top 10 rest of the way, but who really knows with Foles coming in. Pretty good backup QB situation though, looking around at the guys some other teams have trotted out there.

part of Foles' game I loved in the past is he's fearless with his deep passes. By that I mean he'll chuck it when he sees an opening and i don't think he gives it a second thought. this is a double edged sword from a team win/loss and qb stats perspective, but for a receiver like Chark it should mean no less opportunities than with Minshew. I'm optimistic the change to Foles is at worst neutral for Chark value.

Users who are viewing this thread