What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NRA ADMITS ACCEPTING MONEY FROM 23 RUSSIA-LINKED DONORS (1 Viewer)

NFL2DF

Footballguy
NRA ADMITS ACCEPTING MONEY FROM 23 RUSSIA-LINKED DONORS

The National Rifle Association has accepted contributions from at least 23 Russia-linked donors since 2015, the gun rights group revealed in a letter addressed to Congress. The admission came after Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat, prodded the NRA as part of an investigation into what political organizations may have been used by Russia to influence the 2016 election in favor of Donald Trump.  
Pretty damning.

Mueller better get on this.

The money totaled $2,500, with most of it coming from subscriptions or membership dues, according to the letter, which was released Wednesday and first reported on by NPR. About $525 of that money came from "two individuals who made contributions to the NRA," wrote John Frazer, the general counsel for the gun rights group. The 23 people "may include U.S. citizens living in Russia," the NRA said. 
:lmao:

Never mind. Just another fake news headline to get people screaming at the sky. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not pile on. We all have posts that in hindsight look really stupid. Last year I said Lauri Markkanen was the worst pick the Bulls had ever made and that I was done with them as a fan. Sometimes we all say crazy things.

Edit: and honestly, I'd still have stuck with the 15 or 16 pick or whatever and taken Harry Giles. That was the smart play in my mind. So even in the face of overwhelming evidence, sometimes we refuse to see things that are clearly in front of us. Don't be too hard on the GOP.

You've got your standard "not aging well," then there's Kathleen Turner, then there's Johnny Depp, and then at the very end of the spectrum there's this thread.

As pointed out in this article:

It is not surprising that Republicans would want to protect the N.R.A. According to an audit obtained by the Center for Responsive Politics, the N.R.A.’s overall spending increased by more than $100 million in 2016. “The explosion in spending came as the N.R.A. poured unprecedented amounts of money into efforts to deliver Donald Trump the White House and help Republicans hold both houses of Congress,” the center wrote.

McClatchy has reported that the F.B.I. is investigating whether Torshin illegally funneled money to the N.R.A. to help Trump. Wyden has also been trying to trace foreign money flowing into the N.R.A., but has found little cooperation from the organization, his Republican colleagues or the Treasury Department.

“The fact is, the N.R.A. has flipped their position more times than a kid does on a summer diving board,” Wyden said of the organization’s conflicting responses to his inquiries. At this point, the N.R.A. has acknowledged receiving just over $2,500 from Russians or people living in Russia, mostly for dues payments and magazine subscriptions. But that doesn’t tell us anything about money that might have been routed through shell companies, like, for example, Bridges, the limited liability corporation that Butina and Erickson set up in South Dakota in February 2016.

The NRA* is uncharacteristicly quiet these days.

It typically takes a mass shooting to keep the National Rifle Association this quiet. 

As of this writing, the NRA has issued no public comment about this week’s arrest and indictment of Maria Butina, a 29-year-old Russian gun rights activist who had spent years ingratiating herself with the NRA, as well as Republican politicians and conservative notables. Butina is suspected of conspiracy to act as an unauthorized agent of the Russian Federation within the United States without the authorization of the Attorney General.

And yet all we hear from the notoriously outspoken group is crickets.
*as are the usual NRA honks around here.

Second sentence:

The reason, according to the NRA filing, is not its deep entanglement with alleged Russian agents like Maria Butina.

Bless their fake raping little hearts. (In case people are somehow unaware of just how discredited and disgusting Rolling Stone is: A  B  C

I did not realize Rolling Stone still had an audience, probably the same people who used to read Gawker.

Interesting that the OP keeps ignoring his own thread.
Take that up with the mod who was too chicken #### to suspend me using his real account. 

(not Joe and not Aaron, they have no problem using their real accounts, I appreciate and respect that)

You've got your standard "not aging well," then there's Kathleen Turner, then there's Johnny Depp, and then at the very end of the spectrum there's this thread.

As pointed out in this article:

From Tobias' link:

At this point, the N.R.A. has acknowledged receiving just over $2,500 from Russians or people living in Russia, mostly for dues payments and magazine subscriptions.
From OP link:

The money totaled $2,500, with most of it coming from subscriptions or membership dues, according to the letter, which was released Wednesday and first reported on by NPR. About $525 of that money came from "two individuals who made contributions to the NRA," wrote John Frazer, the general counsel for the gun rights group. The 23 people "may include U.S. citizens living in Russia," the NRA said. 

Thanks for agreeing with me Tobias! I knew eventually you would get on board. 

Take that up with the mod who was too chicken #### to suspend me using his real account. 

(not Joe and not Aaron, they have no problem using their real accounts, I appreciate and respect that)
How do I report a post from a phone?

Users who are viewing this thread