What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Final Offer Received: 1.2, 1.11... for Evans, McCaffrey (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
My son is working on a trade offer and asked my opinion on a counter offer he received.  A dynasty league with salary cap concerns.  Standard scoring, no PPR.  

He gives:  Matt Ryan, C Godwin, J Landry, 1.02 and 1.11
Gets:  A Luck, C McCaffrey, M Evans, 3.10

His RBs are Henry and McKinnon... QBs are Garappolo, Carr and Ryan... WRs are Hopkins (will be dealing him for A. Brown...and some other pieces), Landry, Funchess, Thielen, D Thomas.

He has been looking for a back with the 1.02 pick. His offer was the 3.01 pick, was countered with 3.10, and he's asked my opinion.    

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that he is paying way too much.  Luck is very risky to trade for (except maybe a buy low situation), he has the obvious health and shoulder questions.  Mike Evans had a down year last year, and there is a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa Bay right now. If there is a Tampa WR that I am high on, it is Chris Godwin. In my opinion, giving away those two first rounders make your son's offer too rich for this trade.

I'd look for other situations that would be more helpful for your son's team. 

What about Dion Lewis? Your son might be able to get him cheap.

football fan said:
I think that he is paying way too much.  Luck is very risky to trade for (except maybe a buy low situation), he has the obvious health and shoulder questions.  Mike Evans had a down year last year, and there is a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa Bay right now. If there is a Tampa WR that I am high on, it is Chris Godwin. In my opinion, giving away those two first rounders make your son's offer too rich for this trade.

I'd look for other situations that would be more helpful for your son's team. 

What about Dion Lewis? Your son might be able to get him cheap.
Having two backs from the same team is not his style, and salary cap number is too high for Lewis...and not a PPR league.  His view was that McCaffrey and the 1.02 are similar value.  Evans' value is still up, even with the off year.  He could flip Evans for Thomas.  The 1.11 pick is a crap shoot, so Evans for that pick is a steal.  

As to Luck, I agree.  However, in order to make the deal work, this was a part that the other owner wanted.  With Carr and Garappolo, taking the risk is okay.

Having two backs from the same team is not his style, and salary cap number is too high for Lewis...and not a PPR league.  His view was that McCaffrey and the 1.02 are similar value.  Evans' value is still up, even with the off year.  He could flip Evans for Thomas.  The 1.11 pick is a crap shoot, so Evans for that pick is a steal.  

As to Luck, I agree.  However, in order to make the deal work, this was a part that the other owner wanted.  With Carr and Garappolo, taking the risk is okay.
I would tend to think the 1.02 & 1.11 alone could get your son a good RB.  If you added a good player to those picks, you should get a very good RB.

The price of Matt Ryan, C Godwin, J Landry, 1.02 and 1.11 is about or almost enough for a top RB.  In my opinion, your son could do better than this offer.

Without contract details, I can't comment on that.

Final offer he took:   Gave: 1.2 - 1.11... Gets:  Evans, McCaffrey.   His reasoning, Evans > 1.02 and McCaffrey > 1.11 in value

Users who are viewing this thread