What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Podcasts (1 Viewer)

stuckinthemuck

Footballguy
As someone who's just starting 60 man roster IDP leagues for a second consecutive year, I've been looking for great IDP pods to get me to and from work. Would love to hear what others think: 

Tier I

*None*

I prioritize pods that have one or more contributors who have actually earned a dollar covering the NFL or have been employed by a NFL team; think Cecil Lammey actively covering the Broncos, Matt Williamson the former Browns scout, and Greg Cosell as a film analyst on NFL networks. Where are our IDP gurus with first-hand knowledge of the industry? 

Tier II

High-quality content with actionable insight and advice. 

• Fantasy Sharks

This is my go-to when I want to hear the reasoning behind MFL projections.

[*]Read and React

• Probably the most entertaining, well-produced, and best sound quality

[*]Fantasy Guru

[*]Football Guys

• As a FBG subscriber, I listen to the IDP Roundtables the least because I’m already getting better bang for my buck by reading the articles on the site.

Tier III

These are dudes who can be entertaining but are just trying to have fun making a few extra dollars for beer or diapers depending on what stage of their life they're in. I do not listen to them very often because actionable info is not always easy to get. Caveat Emptor.

• IDP Guys' 
  • EDGE CRUSHERS 
R.I.P.

Keep these in your feed in case they revive. 

• TheStickyCast. See Read and React above. 
  • DFW IDP Blitz
  • The Dynasty Playbook. This was the first podcast with IDP content I heard and always fun (i.e., NSFW)

Be sure to listen to the new Individual Defensive Podcast featuring Gary Davenport. Just listened to the second of two pods and there are lots of hot takes. Would love to hear more data-based analysis in the future, but right now this is now a must-listen in Tier II based. Here is an updated list:

Tier I

*None*

Tier II

• Fantasy Sharks
  • Read and React
  • Individual Defensive Podcast
  • Fantasy Guru
  • Football Guys
Tier III

• IDP Guys' 
  • EDGE CRUSHERS

Hi again,

Just found IDP Fantasy Empire. At most times it is like listening to two IDP professors thoughtfully sharing ideas with each other in a quiet library, then they'll throw some offbeat humor your way to mix things up. They're shilling their paid content too much for my liking. Definitely worth a listen for their takes. Also, I'm moving Individual Defensive Podcast up to the top of Tier II because they're been cranking out great content (news takes + overall strategy) with good sound quality. 

Tier I

*None*

Tier II

• Individual Defensive Podcast
  • Fantasy Sharks
  • Read and React
  • Fantasy Guru
  • IDP Fantasy Empire
  • Football Guys
Tier III

• IDP Guys' 
  • EDGE CRUSHERS