What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MLB First Year Player Draft (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
First Round
1. Tigers (Slot value: $8,096,300)
2. Giants (Slot value: $7,494,600)
3. Phillies (Slot value: $6,947,500
4. White Sox (Slot value: $6,411,400)
5. Reds (Slot value: $5,946,400)
6. Mets (Slot value: $5,525,200)
7. Padres (Slot value: $5,226,500)
8. Braves (Slot value: $4,980,700)
9. Athletics (Slot value: $4,761,500)  
10. Pirates (Slot value: $4,560,200)
11. Orioles (Slot value: $4,375,100)
12. Blue Jays (Slot value: $4,200,900)  
13. Marlins (Slot value: $4,038,200)
14. Mariners (Slot value: $3,883,800)
15. Rangers (Slot value: $3,738,500)
16. Rays (Slot value: $3,603,500)
17. Angels (Slot value: $3,472,900)
18. Royals (Slot value: $3,349,300)
19. Cardinals (Slot value: $3,231,700)
20. Twins (Slot value: $3,120,000)
21. Brewers (Slot value: $3,013,600)
22. Rockies (Slot value: $2,912,300)
23. Yankees (Slot value: $2,815,900)
24. Cubs (Slot value: $2,724,000)
25. Diamondbacks (Slot value: $2,636,400)
26. Red Sox (Slot value: $2,552,800)
27. Nationals (Slot value: $2,472,700)
28. Astros (Slot value: $2,339,400)  
29. Indians (Slot value: $2,332,700)
30. Dodgers (Slot value: $2,275,800)
Supplemental First Round
31. Rays (compensation for losing Alex Cobb)
32. Rays (compensation for failing to sign 2017 draft pick Drew Rasmussen)
33. Royals (compensation for losing Lorenzo Cain)
34. Royals (compensation for losing Eric Hosmer)
35. Indians (compensation for losing Carlos Santana)
Competitive Balance Round A
36. Pirates
37. Orioles
38. Padres
39. Diamondbacks
40. Royals
41. Indians
42. Rockies
43. Cardinals

There doesn't seem to be a obvious #1.   Casey Mize seems to be the mock draft favorite but TINSTAAPP. 

The top college bats are Alec Bohm, who has defensive questions and Nick Madrigal who is Altuve sized.  Who am I kidding?  I've watched one NCAA game this year. 

Link to Sickels' prospect index.

First five picks from Law's latest Mock :popcorn:  

1. Detroit Tigers: Joey Bart, C, Georgia Tech
2. San Francisco Giants: Cole Winn, RHP, Orange (California) Lutheran HS
3. Philadelphia Phillies: Casey Mize, RHP, Auburn
4. Chicago White Sox: Brady Singer, RHP, Florida
5. Cincinnati Reds: Nick Madrigal, SS, Oregon State

If the Giants go this route, it'll involve some bonus $ maneuvering in order to go over slot on some other HS talent later on.

I can't say I love this strategy at 1.02.  The Giants haven't had a top five overall pick in a decade and it seems better to go with the best player available than to play the slots.

Everything Ive read has the Phils locked in on Bohm at #3 unless Mize slips to them. Such a crapshoot, this. 

JP Morosi - 

Casey Mize remains most likely Tigers pick at No. 1, sources said in the last hour, unless Detroit believes it is possible to sign another player they like for substantially less than slot value.

Oklahoma QB/CF Kyler Murray is an intriguing name for a team that drafts an under slot guy in round #1.

Kraft... said:

1. Detroit Tigers: Joey Bart, C, Georgia Tech
3. Philadelphia Phillies: Casey Mize, RHP, Auburn
4. Chicago White Sox: Brady Singer, RHP, Florida
5. Cincinnati Reds: Nick Madrigal, SS, Oregon State
0-3 so far.

First time since 2006 that the first five drafted were college players.

Hochevar, Greg Reynolds, Longoria, Brad Lincoln and Morrow

0-3 so far.
0-5.

As a Braves fan, I'm rooting for them to take the local (to me, not to them) kid - Carter Stewart.  He lives in my town, another kid, Mason Denaburg is one town over. Some decent baseball being played in my backwater area. 

This dude on the far right of the main table not much of an ad libber. If it wasn't on his mock he seems all flustered. 

And #3 on mine. An absolute steal. Rays must have flexed their financial muscle. 

From Law on the rays pick. Don’t see that sentence every day. 

I stepped away to start dinner and walk the dog.  Have the announcers not loved a single pick so far?

Brice Turang seems like a nice get for Milwaukee.   His stock slipped a bit this year but he's just 18 years old.  He supposedly has the glove to stick at SS and there's still upside in his bat.

Kumar Rocker and me may be the only two people still watching this program but the :nerd: they have at the BA big board has 30 upside in stage presence.

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
Eephus said:
Oklahoma QB/CF Kyler Murray is an intriguing name for a team that drafts an under slot guy in round #1.
He'd be smart to take the baseball money, he sucks at throwing a football.
Top comp:  Tim Tebow

I like the Tigers 2nd round selection of OF Parker Meadows, younger bro of Austin. 

Developing power, long and lean, fast.  Committed to Clemson but with this signing bonus of $1.6mm I'd guess he chooses Detroit.  I hope anyway.

Kyler Murray just confirmed he'll play football this fall, thank you Jesus. 

I was looking to get a new Braves jersey.  They already passed on BEER and K. PILKINGTON - for the love of God, can they please draft Owen SHARTS?

Still playing football this fall. :coffee:  
And only this fall :coffee:

FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman reports that Oklahoma redshirt junior QB Kyler Murray and the Oakland A's have agreed on a contract which will be worth nearly $5 million and will allow him to play quarterback with the Sooners for one year.

We saw North Carolina freshman WR Jordyn Adams earlier bounce from football altogether in order to pursue a career in baseball with the Angels. Murray's not taking it quite to that extreme, instead reportedly splitting the difference by finding a way to fit both baseball and football into his life after he was drafted at No. 9 overall by the A's on Monday. First up for the all-world athlete will be the gridiron. He'll be competing with Austin Kendall for starting honors in Norman when August camp opens. Murray has the athletic upside for a potential Heisman campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread