What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking to trade Larry Fitzgerald (1 Viewer)

buballa

Footballguy
I have dynasty team that is on the brink of needing a big rebuild.  I have an offer to give up Fitz and a 3rd rd pick for Moncrief and a 2nd.

I am a little torn because I'm not sure if Moncrief will ever amount to anything but I haven't had any better offers for Fitz.  Is the a deal I should jump on or keep shopping?

If you don't think you are win it now mode I'd do it but I'd shop him around first to see if there are any better offers which I would imagine a team on the cusp of win it now might offer you better future considerations.

Keep shopping. There will be a win now team who sees Fitz catching passes from bradford, hype will build during camp, and you can trade him high right before the season. 

Your maximum value of return for Fitz will be in season to a contender needing a solid WR.  I would shop him now but hold off unless you get a really good offer (the offer you have is not good).  Once the season hits and things shake out a contender will be willing to part with a higher pick and probably and upside guy to get a win now type of player.  That is your best bet for value.

Your maximum value of return for Fitz will be in season to a contender needing a solid WR.  I would shop him now but hold off unless you get a really good offer (the offer you have is not good).  Once the season hits and things shake out a contender will be willing to part with a higher pick and probably and upside guy to get a win now type of player.  That is your best bet for value.
Do you really think he could get a 1st for fitz? He might be able to get a player with more upside but I don't think a first round pick is gonna happen. I think I'd target a guy like D. Parker or Corey Coleman and a second. Someone who still has a decent ceiling. I'm not a moncrief guy.

Do you really think he could get a 1st for fitz? He might be able to get a player with more upside but I don't think a first round pick is gonna happen. I think I'd target a guy like D. Parker or Corey Coleman and a second. Someone who still has a decent ceiling. I'm not a moncrief guy.
I have no idea what he will be able to get but I do believe that right now is not the best time to sell a guy like Fitz.  His trade value will be at it's highest mid season when a contender needs a current year WR.  The offer he has now is an underperforming WR in a crowded situation with a not to good WR and a 1 round pick improvement.  that is not a very good return for what Fitz will do this year.  Waiting until the season when someone will need a decent to good WR that is consistent will improve the return for Fitz.  Trading now is essentially giving him away.

TBH-It would depend on where the picks should land.  Moncrief does nothing for me.  I also don't think Fitz's value will last very far into the season. Can't trust Bradford at all.  If my 3rd is going to be mid-late, I wouldn't care that much about losing it. If the 2nd coming back projects to an early one I'd take it. No one's going to give a first for him. Ideally, if I didn't need Fitz for a run this season, I'd take Moncrief and the 3rd out of it and trade Fitz for a projected early 2nd in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread