What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (3 Viewers)

Eephus

Footballguy
Summerpaloozan Fantasy Football Music Draft

DRAFT SHEET

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

This will be a 20 round Combined fantasy football and music draft. With Eephus in for FF and Chaos Commish bowing out, this leaves Hov34 out in the cold as he was the lone remaining music only drafter, sorry GB.

When you select your player, you will select your song at the same time per the rules below (essentially a musician who lives or started their career within 160km from the FF player drafted's pro or college team).

As of now, we are going with a 14 team head to head league. Hopefully with it being a slow live draft, we can be fairly patient and accommodate JZilla's busy week, since without him, we are uneven numbers:

The Participants

NV @Northern Voice
    El Floppo @El Floppo
    The Dreaded Marco @The Dreaded Marco
    Ilov80s @Ilov80s
    Rockaction @rockaction
    Kupcho1 @kupcho1
    Mr. Ected @Mr. Ected
    Simey @simey
    Mrs. Rannous @Mrs. Rannous
    AhrnCityPahdner @AhrnCityPahnder
    Bonzai @Bonzai
    JZilla @JZilla
    Karma Police @KarmaPolice
    Eephus @Eephus

The fantasy football rules:

1QB
    2RB
    3WR
    1QB/RB/WR/TE (superflex)
    1RB/WR/TE (standard flex)
    1TE
    1PK
    1DF
    0.5 point per reception
    4 point passing TD
    All else Yahoo standard scoring. \

League Invitation Link - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1192523/invitation?key=996d5e6daa58f7ad&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=e1b2330711f9d063

League Link - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1192523/1

-----------MUSIC RULES--------------------
 When you draft a pretend football player you must also pick a song (album?) performed by an artist (solo or band) who can trace origins to either:

The player's NFL city. -OR-
    His college (within a 100 mile radius)

So if you picked Kevin Durant, you'd also need to pick a song by a performer from Oakland or within 100 miles of Austin.

Lineage can be traced from being born there, or beginning their career there so Joe Strummer would be eligible for either Ankara or London.  We'll use Wikipedia as the authoritative source.

I haven't followed the NFL for about five years so I have no idea if these rules will even work.  

The fine print:

I'm more a Packer fan than a football fan these days so we'll give them territorial rights to Milwaukee.

NFL team representation is by their named city e.g. New York, San Francisco rather than E. Rutherford or Santa Clara

Teams named after states or regions get their home city, not the entire state, e.g. Boston, Nashville

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOGLE DOC W/ PICKS

DRAFT ORDER

ODD ROUNDS
Pick    Drafter
1    Nick Vermeil
2    Mrs. Rannous
3    Karma Police
4    The Dreaded Marco
5    Northern Voice
6    Ilov80s
7    El Floppo
8    Bonzai
9    Mr. Ected
10    simey
11    JZilla
12    kupcho1
13    AhrnCityPardner
14    Dr. Octopus
15    rockaction
16    Eephus

EVEN ROUNDS
1    Eephus
2    rockaction
3    Dr. Octopus
4    AhrnCityPardner
5    kupcho1
6    JZilla
7    simey
8    Mr. Ected
9    Bonzai
10    El Floppo
11    Ilov80s
12    Northern Voice
13    The Dreaded Marco
14    Karma Police
15    Mrs. Rannous
16    Nick Vermeil

I almost forgot the most important rule.

That damned Kid Rock song is blacklisted.  You know the one.
I'm proud to say I don't. 

Yeah! 

Anyway, totally in for a summer-themed draft. I hope to roll 1.01 so I can take my favorite summer song.  

Eras:   60s, 70s, 80s, 90s are IN

Question 1:  include pre-1960 as a separate category or roll it in with 60s?

Question 2:  21st century in its entirety or split between 2000-09 and 2010-18?

I did a couple of simulation rolls with two 7-sided dice.  It took 15 and 18 rounds for the last number to come up for the third time. 

I think the theoretical minimum is between 10 and 11 rounds and the maximum is 50 as it is for all Palooza variants.

This game has a lot of commercials.

I'm sorry but I'm going to put Summerpalooza back in the cooler until next month.  The World Cup is coming up and I don't want to ghost on my own draft.

If we start after July 4th, the groups and round of 16 will be finished and the calendar less cluttered.  If someone else wants to run this thing, I'll play along but good commissioneering takes more commitment than I'm prepared to offer right now.

Hey diddle-diddle, there's a fella in the middle
And I think he's pulling my string
My wife's lactating and I'm spectating
It's a football thing

Eephus said:
I'm sorry but I'm going to put Summerpalooza back in the cooler until next month.  The World Cup is coming up and I don't want to ghost on my own draft.

If we start after July 4th, the groups and round of 16 will be finished and the calendar less cluttered.  If someone else wants to run this thing, I'll play along but good commissioneering takes more commitment than I'm prepared to offer right now.

It's a football thing
USA! USA! USA!

Eephus said:

It's a football thing
Totally

Summer's just beginning, baby
I might learn to hate you, lady
One weekend you're acting crazy
I might have to hate you, baby
This ain't what I thought it would be
This is the saddest summer ever
The saddest summer ever

If we’re starting on 7/4 now I need to back out. Will be in Vietnam between 6/30-7/14. 

Next time....
I’m personally going to be busy until after the 9th. Folk festival with the family. Nice lineup this year — Courtney Barnett, Real Estate, Julien Baker, Waxahatchee. How about we delay it a little more? 

I’m personally going to be busy until after the 9th. Folk festival with the family. Nice lineup this year — Courtney Barnett, Real Estate, Julien Baker, Waxahatchee. How about we delay it a little more? 
Big fan.

ETA: Wandering into the political forum and earning a month-long vacation feels right.

Users who are viewing this thread