Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eephus

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ren hoek said:

You know, sometimes I get this weird feeling that people don't like Kidrock.  

IN 

Sadly living in Michigan, there are a lot of Kid Rock lovers around here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm up for a music draft but to be honest, I'm not feeling the concept anymore. 

If people are in love with summer songs and/or have done draft prep, we can stay the course :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I'm up for a music draft but to be honest, I'm not feeling the concept anymore. 

If people are in love with summer songs and/or have done draft prep, we can stay the course :shrug:

Draft prep? 

You are giving us way, way too much credit. 

I'm up for a draft. So long as I don't have to define schlock, I'm cool with most anything.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I'm up for a music draft but to be honest, I'm not feeling the concept anymore. 

If people are in love with summer songs and/or have done draft prep, we can stay the course :shrug:

Not feeling summer songs or palooza concept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Not feeling summer songs or palooza concept?

Summer.  I think it'll get monotonous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Draft prep? 

You are giving us way, way too much credit. 

I'm up for a draft. So long as I don't have to define schlock, I'm cool with most anything.  

schlock was fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eephus said:

schlock was fun

Sure it was. But as someone who took Bobby Pickett and Heart, it's safe to say I was like a one-eyed drunk driver or a Potter Stewart. I got the hang of it by the end, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 7:51 PM, Eephus said:

I almost forgot the most important rule.

That damned Kid Rock song is blacklisted.  You know the one.

“What’s a good word that rhymes with ‘things’?  I know, ‘things’!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday night is probably a bad night to conceptualize but here goes nothing.

The Alpha Omega Album Side Draft

Phase 1:  Before the draft, everybody gets to nominate three songs.  They should be generally known and probably not too weird because you want them to be selected by somebody else.

Phase 2:  Two round mini draft where each participant gets to pick an Alpha and Omega song from the nominees.  The same song can be picked multiple times but you can't draft the exact two songs of another drafter.  You also can't pick your own nominations.

Phase 3:  Four round draft where you get to fill in an album side mix linking your Alpha and Omega songs.  Phase 3 picks can be any song, not just the nominees.  You can segue by any means necessary.

Phase 4:  Draft is over.  Enjoy the album sides created by you and your music :nerd: friends.

It should be quick, creative and low maintenance.  Maybe during the draft, someone will come up with a better idea :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in Chicago and I’ve been drinking for awhile so I don’t understand what you said but I like it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could do a hybrid genrepalooza/summer draft?  Multiple categories as selected by participants, as before but maybe some encouragement for some people to mix in summer-ish categories (i.e. campfire songs, summer one hit wonders, summer sports songs, etc..)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, Eephus said:

Friday night is probably a bad night to conceptualize but here goes nothing.

The Alpha Omega Album Side Draft

Phase 1:  Before the draft, everybody gets to nominate three songs.  They should be generally known and probably not too weird because you want them to be selected by somebody else.

Phase 2:  Two round mini draft where each participant gets to pick an Alpha and Omega song from the nominees.  The same song can be picked multiple times but you can't draft the exact two songs of another drafter.  You also can't pick your own nominations.

Phase 3:  Four round draft where you get to fill in an album side mix linking your Alpha and Omega songs.  Phase 3 picks can be any song, not just the nominees.  You can segue by any means necessary.

Phase 4:  Draft is over.  Enjoy the album sides created by you and your music :nerd: friends.

It should be quick, creative and low maintenance.  Maybe during the draft, someone will come up with a better idea :shrug:

Didn't see this before, but I'd be in for it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 9:08 AM, Northern Voice said:

Didn't see this before, but I'd be in for it as well.

Should we begin the nominations? 

I'd love that. I'd love to see the Alpha and Omega of album sides.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Should we begin the nominations? 

I'd love that. I'd love to see the Alpha and Omega of album sides.  

:lmao:

Love that none of us still have any idea what that all mean-

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

:lmao:

Love that none of us still have any idea what that all mean-

:lmao:

Literally teetering here.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or I don't get it after re-reading it. So awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of like the idea of an album draft where you have to make a 12 song album. Each song on your album has to be in the same track listing order as it was on the album. For example Black Dog is the 1st track on ZLIV so it can only be drafted to be the 1st song for your album. Also maybe we do it so round 1 has to be your 1st track., etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I kind of like the idea of an album draft where you have to make a 12 song album. Each song on your album has to be in the same track listing order as it was on the album. For example Black Dog is the 1st track on ZLIV so it can only be drafted to be the 1st song for your album. Also maybe we do it so round 1 has to be your 1st track., etc.

Wait? What wat?  That sounds impossible. Can we just pick songs? :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be a pretty slow time right now for participation, maybe it's time to do the "soundtrack of our lives" draft, where we go through all the songs/styles/fads that we were into at various times in our lives, guilty pleasures and all. 

My thinking is that draft wouldn't have a ton of sniping or strategy and it could easily be done in the 1 AM/1 PM pick per day format, which might be better for the summertime when no one is likely to stick to a clock or scheduled picks anyway. Just an idea, as always, I'm in for whatever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Wait? What wat?  That sounds impossible. Can we just pick songs? :P

More impossible than the alpha and omega that nobody understands? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

More impossible than the alpha and omega that nobody understands? lol

:lmao: I think I get the alpha and omega draft. You get to nominate three songs. You pick two from the nominations, then get to pick one between the two songs? 

Maybe?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

:lmao: I think I get the alpha and omega draft. You get to nominate three songs. You pick two from the nominations, then get to pick one between the two songs? 

Maybe?   

Well you have to pick from other peoples songs but yeah it’s kind of like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Well you have to pick from other peoples songs but yeah it’s kind of like that. 

Yeah. It's an overground draft instead of discovery, furreals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm OK w/ any draft as long as it's not Classic Rock

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Would you like to read the complete history of the Beach Boys classic 'Kokomo', now 30 years old?

Does Mike Love die at the end?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where were we?

  1. Original Summerpalooza
  2. Full Genrepalooza (Summer may not be the right time for this)
  3. NV's Soundtrack of Our Lives thing
  4. That Alpha/Omega concept that nobody understood :whoosh:

Or something completely different.  The Eagles made me think of this one.

5.  The New Classic Rock Draft. 

It's basically a draft of rock music recorded after 1980 but with a revolutionary two dice gimmick that I'll reveal if there's sufficient interest.  The picks don't necessarily have to be obscurities but the rules will discourage drafting of the familiar classic rock chestnuts. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I back from Northwoods WI and will be stuck around the house for a while without, so I'm in for a draft!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eephus said:

So where were we?

  1. Original Summerpalooza
  2. Full Genrepalooza (Summer may not be the right time for this)
  3. NV's Soundtrack of Our Lives thing
  4. That Alpha/Omega concept that nobody understood :whoosh:

Or something completely different.  The Eagles made me think of this one.

5.  The New Classic Rock Draft. 

It's basically a draft of rock music recorded after 1980 but with a revolutionary two dice gimmick that I'll reveal if there's sufficient interest.  The picks don't necessarily have to be obscurities but the rules will discourage drafting of the familiar classic rock chestnuts. 

 

I’m good for any of them but I like choice 5 - if we’d be looking at more “obscure” songs in the classic rock vein.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the summerpalooza thread title but actually do the sex, drugs, alcohol draft undercover. 

Is throwing out more random ideas helping?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Have we ever had an Album cover draft?  It would add a visual component.  I guess we could do categories or covers?  Then you pick one song off the album?  I don't know just trying to muddy the waters.  But I'm down for anything, maybe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eephus said:

So where were we?

  1. Original Summerpalooza
  2. Full Genrepalooza (Summer may not be the right time for this)
  3. NV's Soundtrack of Our Lives thing
  4. That Alpha/Omega concept that nobody understood :whoosh:

Or something completely different.  The Eagles made me think of this one.

5.  The New Classic Rock Draft. 

It's basically a draft of rock music recorded after 1980 but with a revolutionary two dice gimmick that I'll reveal if there's sufficient interest.  The picks don't necessarily have to be obscurities but the rules will discourage drafting of the familiar classic rock chestnuts. 

 

Honestly, I can't run one right now, summer is half over, genrepalooza too time consuming for summer and I don't understand the alpha/omega thing, so in the interest of actual starting stuffing, I say we do your new classic rock idea. 

Edited by Northern Voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just call it something different so we don't have Tim in here tim'ing it up. ;)

 

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resolved: Let's get the alpha omega draft going. That sounds awesome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Rebranding? We Need A Commish?  

We in a state of disarray. At this point, we might as well all just draft our own draft genre and see if people can guess what we are doing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

We in a state of disarray. At this point, we might as well all just draft our own draft genre and see if people can guess what we are doing. 

We had some ideas. We might be able to come up with something, though I wound up liking A& O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

We had some ideas. We might be able to come up with something, though I wound up liking A& O. 

I like all of them- any excuse to listen to music is cool with me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.