What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (2 Viewers)

A&O is only like a 4 song draft, as I understand it, right?
Sort of. First you nominate 3 songs. Then you choose 2 songs from the pool (just can't be the songs you nominated and can't copy the same 2 as someone else). Those songs make-up the first and last song for your mini-list. Then you draft 4 songs to fill in the middle. 

Sort of. First you nominate 3 songs. Then you choose 2 songs from the pool (just can't be the songs you nominated and can't copy the same 2 as someone else). Those songs make-up the first and last song for your mini-list. Then you draft 4 songs to fill in the middle. 
@Eephus

Yeah that's it in a nutshell, which is why I dressed it up in faux-Greek regalia.

In retrospect, it's not much of a draft and would probably be better suited as a side project.

I'm going to throw out a completely different suggestion... Given that it's early August and we're having a tough time getting any of these off the ground, what about a music nerd Fantasy Football Draft?  We could do a slow message board draft here like we always do and run it at Yahoo or wherever.

We had one every year way back in the old Hoof forum days. I'm sure with enough @ 's we could get a decent number.

Also, I haven't played fantasy football in several years and kind of have an itch to get back into it and we have a good group of people in these drafts. It could also obviously run parallel to any music draft we get off the ground... just a suggestion :shrug:

I'm going to throw out a completely different suggestion... Given that it's early August and we're having a tough time getting any of these off the ground, what about a music nerd Fantasy Football Draft?  We could do a slow message board draft here like we always do and run it at Yahoo or wherever.

We had one every year way back in the old Hoof forum days. I'm sure with enough @ 's we could get a decent number.

Also, I haven't played fantasy football in several years and kind of have an itch to get back into it and we have a good group of people in these drafts. It could also obviously run parallel to any music draft we get off the ground... just a suggestion :shrug:
Or a dual draft, with every player you select, you also have to select a song of some determined nature.

Throwback to the first Hoof draft I was part of BROKEBACK MOSHPIT  Trying to figure out who any of these people are but I'm bad at real name to FBG name conversion. 

I was "Worst Team in the BM", Eddie Money's ###### might be @AhrnCityPahnder ?  The Pretenders is @simey , The Taints is maybe @Nigel Tufnel ?   Built to Kill is @Bonzai , Congrats, you win! is @piratemike and presumably one of these teams is JZilla.

In the 2007 Version, my team was P.K. Sam's Town, which I have to say is pretty ####### great. The first place team was @JZilla Gone Caddy Gone (thinking Cadiallac Williams) and the third place team was @kupcho1 with Okkerphillip Rivers  :lol:  League also has Joseph Addainosaur Jr., LondonFletcherCalling and Clinton Portishead, Anquanic Youth - @Eephus, Peter, Paul & Marucci @Disco Stu among others.

My 2010 team was A Series of QB Sneaks, which is another all timer IMO.

Throwback to the first Hoof draft I was part of BROKEBACK MOSHPIT  Trying to figure out who any of these people are but I'm bad at real name to FBG name conversion. 

I was "Worst Team in the BM", Eddie Money's ###### might be @AhrnCityPahnder ?  The Pretenders is @simey , The Taints is maybe @Nigel Tufnel ?   Built to Kill is @Bonzai , Congrats, you win! is @piratemike and presumably one of these teams is JZilla.

In the 2007 Version, my team was P.K. Sam's Town, which I have to say is pretty ####### great. The first place team was @JZilla Gone Caddy Gone (thinking Cadiallac Williams) and the third place team was @kupcho1 with Okkerphillip Rivers  :lol:  League also has Joseph Addainosaur Jr., LondonFletcherCalling and Clinton Portishead, Anquanic Youth - @Eephus, Peter, Paul & Marucci @Disco Stu among others.

:lol:  

I remember I was Clinton Portishead.

I'm not sure, I can't see it so maybe I wasn't in?  Maybe I shared a team..

The year I won I made drpill digest and review a Stryper album.. and he liked it!

I'm not sure, I can't see it so maybe I wasn't in?  Maybe I shared a team..

The year I won I made drpill digest and review a Stryper album.. and he liked it!
The hidden owner teams are 'Da Smiffs' and 'Krokus' - I figured one of them was yours.

I'd like to avoid classic rock and fantasy football (both played), but will settle for avoiding one or the other. I'm finishing up what's been a busy schedule tomorrow and will be free for the rest of the summer. I'd like a format that takes us all over the place genre wise. I have been working to mostly current Latin Pop for about a week. By Latin I mean the 5 Latin languages though almost all of it is Spanish with a little Italian and Romanian mixed in. It's modern europop and might be hated by this crowd but for some reason it's helping me focus on a project.

Nice!   screencap that and post it to Imgur?   I've long since lost any yahoo login creds I had. 

Also, I've been FF deficient for 4 or 5 years now but I may be able to be talked into a Leeg if you guys fire one up.   

Keep in mind I don't know anything about anything re: the NFL outside of the Stillers anymore.  Not that I did before, either.  but now it's 95% less.  

Also, I've been FF deficient for 4 or 5 years now but I may be able to be talked into a Leeg if you guys fire one up.   

Keep in mind I don't know anything about anything re: the NFL outside of the Stillers anymore.  Not that I did before, either.  but now it's 95% less.  
This is where I am too. My local one folded a while back and that's been it.

Was that just a regular League, just with team names that are Music related?

BTW Loved the name with Eddie Money! :excited:

ETA: I'd be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good time, good times :thumbup:

It looks like I have leagues from 2009, 2010 and 2011 in my history as well - though by that last one we were down to 6 teams.

Dang, I forgot all about Anquanic Youth.  I don't recognize the names of most of the players on my roster.

I'm out on fantasy football and the NFL in general.  I don't care about the politics one way or the other but I've found I just don't enjoy watching football that much anymore.

I played in all of the Hoof years. I came in 1st place the year I was Whacko Flacco. My teams from other years were The Pretenders, Schauberry Alarm Clock, Mrs. Robinson, and The Trammps.

Someone who plays Fantasy Football would need to help with rules. Are most leagues 3 WR now? and/or flex?  Is PPR fairly standard?

Dang, I forgot all about Anquanic Youth.  I don't recognize the names of most of the players on my roster.

I'm out on fantasy football and the NFL in general.  I don't care about the politics one way or the other but I've found I just don't enjoy watching football that much anymore.
Same. I didn't want to put it so bluntly, but I just have zero interest and would have stepped aside if it was part of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like there's enough interest in the fantasy football draft to go with it. I'll start a new thread, since I've hijacked Eephus' and he won't be participating.

That will likely be tonight or tomorrow AM and we can get rules, details, draft type, whether there's a music component etc.. sorted out, with next week being the earliest we start the actual draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread