What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 US Open - Shinnecock! (1 Viewer)

gump

Footballguy
Back to a truly special course. Greens enlarged and fairways widened (then shrunk back a bit)...with one of the most anticipated fields ever. Current odds:

Dustin Johnson +1100
Rory McIlroy +1200
Jordan Spieth  +1400
Jason Day +1400
Justin Thomas  +1400
Justin Rose +1400
Rickie Fowler  +1600
Tiger Woods +2000
Jon Rahm +2000
Brooks Koepka +2500
Hideki Matsuyama +2800
Henrik Stenson +3300
Phil Mickelson +3300
Patrick Reed +4000
Sergio Garcia +4000
Tommy Fleetwood +4000
Bryson Dechambeau +4000
Branden Grace +4000
Bubba Watson +5000
Paul Casey +5000
Alexander Noren +5000
Adam Scott +5500
Marc Leishman +6000
Patrick Cantlay +6000
Louis Oosthuizen +6000
Webb Simpson +6600
Matt Kuchar +6600
Francesco Molinari +6600
Tony Finau +8000

Why are you glossing over Memphis this week? Phil, Dustin Johnson, and Brooks Koepka aren't.

:penalty:

Back to a truly special course. Greens enlarged and fairways widened (then shrunk back a bit)...with one of the most anticipated fields ever. Current odds:

Dustin Johnson +1100
Rory McIlroy +1200
Jordan Spieth  +1400
Jason Day +1400
Justin Thomas  +1400
Justin Rose +1400
Rickie Fowler  +1600
Tiger Woods +2000
Jon Rahm +2000
Brooks Koepka +2500
Hideki Matsuyama +2800
Henrik Stenson +3300
Phil Mickelson +3300
Patrick Reed +4000
Sergio Garcia +4000
Tommy Fleetwood +4000
Bryson Dechambeau +4000
Branden Grace +4000
Bubba Watson +5000
Paul Casey +5000
Alexander Noren +5000
Adam Scott +5500
Marc Leishman +6000
Patrick Cantlay +6000
Louis Oosthuizen +6000
Webb Simpson +6600
Matt Kuchar +6600
Francesco Molinari +6600
Tony Finau +8000
Molinari is playing great, seems like a really good value play for someone who is on right now.

Koepka heating up...will be interesting to see how he and DJs power works here.

Us open is a great value proposition. Can get tickets for 100 bucks a round if you miss the lottery which has been super easy

How in the hell is that possible, on LI in the summer? Gigantic capacity?
They let basically anyone in with a pulse. Even in the big tiger Sunday's not unusual to get face at the gate. 

It's sort of like the pimento cheese sandwich thing in reverse. 

One of the few LI opens I’m missing. Usually go each tear it’s in town. My dad broke his ankle over the winter and isn’t up to walking the course yet.  He usually marshals to. Has a good Phil story from bethpage a few years ago.  

I think Kuchar finally pulls one out unless the wind bows hard.  Give me him at +6600. 

With wind on that course, I'd start looking foreign.  I'm nt much of a Rory fan, but I think he's finally starting to give a crap again.  That could be scary for the field.  Probably Noren on a long shot too even though he's not on like he was last year although still #17 in world ranking.s

One of the few LI opens I’m missing. Usually go each tear it’s in town. My dad broke his ankle over the winter and isn’t up to walking the course yet.  He usually marshals to. Has a good Phil story from bethpage a few years ago.  
Why bring up the fact you have a good Phil story and then not share it? Can you please share your good Phil story? Thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bring up the fact you have a good Phil story and then not share it? Can you please share your good Phil story? Thanks! 
sorry...IDK, I guess it was funny at the time. 

my dad was marshaling one year at bethpage. As a volunteer, you get put on any hole they want, no real set schedule. My dad's on his hole, 1/2 way up the fairway and Phill hit is ball near my dad in the rough. So my dad went to mark the spot and wait for the group to come in. The ball was sitting up nicely on the grass, so not a bad lie overall. Weather started to turn at that time and they get delayed. So my dad is there with Phil and the caddy, not saying much.  They end up calling the match b/c of bad weather and phil says something to the effect of "ah man, I have a decent spot here." So my dad says to him, "no worries phill, I'll stick around here all night and make sure they don't disturb the spot." Phil gave him a laugh back, said something like "OK, you do that" and they took off. 

the next morning, my dad made sure he was one of the 1st ones at the volunteer desk and pleaded with the assignor to give him that hole back, which he did. So the groups are coming back for play, Phil is walking down the fairway and there is my dad in the exact same spot. When they get to the spot, Phil must have recognized my dad and took a double take. My dad said something to the effect of "I told you I'd guard it for you Phil." Phil shook his hand and said "i appreciate the dedication" and they all laughed and laughed and laughed....end credits.  

Woods/Thomas/DJ

Phil/Rory/Spieth

Koepka/Day/Watson

Sergio/Rahm/Cabrerra-Bello

Matsuyama/Leishman/Fowler

I love how the US Open always puts together big tv groups.  The featured groups coverage should be money next week.

I don’t like DJ here, especially having never seen it. Seems like a Fowler kind of week. Need to move the ball to the shape of the course, vs the wind.

Woods/Thomas/DJ

Phil/Rory/Spieth

Koepka/Day/Watson

Sergio/Rahm/Cabrerra-Bello

Matsuyama/Leishman/Fowler

I love how the US Open always puts together big tv groups.  The featured groups coverage should be money next week.
Every major is doing this now.  It’s all about the morning/afternoon feature groups

Tough pairing for JT, with Tiger and DJ.  He's won a ton obviously, but hasn't really proven he can stand toe to toe yet with the heavyweights. Still shows signs of nerves.

I don’t like DJ here, especially having never seen it. Seems like a Fowler kind of week. Need to move the ball to the shape of the course, vs the wind.
Agree. I started making a bunch of dfs lineups and Fowler is the high priced player I'm building around. +1600 for the win. It's time. Thomas/Spieth/Fowler +502, why not.

Phil has a nice game for this course if he doesn't quadruple a couple holes. He's excited about the emphasis on touch and short game that could favor him... and Tiger?

Here 7 experts make 6 picks each. 42 picks and no mention of Jordan. So Spieth will probably curb stomp everyone on Sunday.

Koepka heating up...will be interesting to see how he and DJs power works here.
Koepka is playing well, the odds of him winning back to back though, I just don't see it.

DJ, Rose or Day are the best bets. Stenson if he can figure out how to putt.

I don't like Spieth at all right now, no matter how confidant he makes his terrible game sound.  JT has cooled off, don't see it here. 

Rickie Fowler really smells like the storyline here. Tight course with gusting winds, and he's got the low-ball Hogan swing with the ability to work it both ways. I'd set the over/under on camera shots of Allison Stokke pretty high.

Tight course, need to bring it on the greens....  I like a guy like Kuchar here.  I’d choose Tiger since the course will allow him to play 2 iron all day of the tee, but he can’t putt right now.  Fowler’s a good choice too.

Dark horse candidate - Jimmy Walker. Terrible start to season but last 6 tourneys have been Top 25 and 3 of those have been 6th or better.

So they grouped Spaniards Jon Rahm, Sergio, and Cabrera Bello together.  Wonder if they'll be discussing Spain sacking their manager right before the World Cup. Btw, they have an early Friday morning tee time and Spain plays at 2 that afternoon. 

Sounds like the course will play tough (good).  Even par will be in the hunt?
I actually think that is not true this week.

Course is long, but doesn't seem to be as hard as other US Open Courses. I can especially see them being conservative after the public blasting they took the last time the US Open was here.

They can tuck the pins in some awesome spots, but I can see quite a few people getting to red numbers. Hope I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread