What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Value Chart help (1 Viewer)

FredG

Footballguy
Love FBG and the content and great respect for the folks that write here but I have a major question on the Dynasty Trade Value Chart. I had a 2 for 3 trade I was working showed a menu of a couple of players on his side and a couple on my side and shared trade values from DTC and from the FBG as a reference. I was focused on the players as I had a good feel for things - shame on me for not paying closer attention. I usually drill into numbers before I trust them or use them but my trust in FBG was and is such that I didn't check the details.  He came back that Baldwin = Richardson + Godwin as one leg of the trade based on the Trade Value Chart figures.

Did not seem right at all so I looked at some other players listed to see if I could get a sense of what was going on...Fitz who probably is in his last year has a value of 5 while Godwin and Golladay are 6's?

Double checked and this was not a redraft value chart but a dynasty value chart. Any comments? Maybe I'm seeing this wrong.... 

I think it probably has to do with the fact that Fitz could have more WR #1 weeks this season than either of those guys have for the rest of their career. Those guys could be barely startable for years and Fitz can help a team win this year. I would not trade Fitz for either of those guys if I had any chance of winning. Team context is a big part of value that can't be quantified by a trade calculator.  

Users who are viewing this thread