What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Republican Primary: Will Trump be challenged? (1 Viewer)

I think someone like Romney could successfully challenge Trump. He’s the antithesis if Trump as he is polite, well spoken, intelligent, diplomatic, the list goes on.

All that said, I still believe Trump never wanted to win the Presdency in the first place (see the horrified look on his face on election night as he is projected the winner). Trump will not run in 2020.
his ego wont allow that now, plus I don't think the Dems got their #### together to take the WH just yet

Any and all challengers will be swept aside by GOP leadership. Turning away even more Republicans from the party. 

Any and all challengers will be swept aside by GOP leadership. Turning away even more Republicans from the party. 
It’s interesting to think what the future holds for politics in say 20-25 years.  With changing demographics, religious institutions attendance on the decline, elderly white people dying out and the shift to Trump in the Republican Party you would think Democrats would be in prime position to have control for a while but they have their own issues.  

I know Tim and some other have lauded the two-party system - personally I hope it gets blown up in the next 10 years where we have more than 2 legitimate choices.

Sanford’s the first name I recognize - and it’s not for good reasons. His Appalachian/Argentinian adventure was super embarrassing.

IMO, a credible challenge would have to come from a name brand and also someone known not primarily for being a never Trumper (so not a Flake or Corker).  But also someone that has not been afraid to publicly disagree with the President. So like Nikki Haley or Rand Paul. 

Sanford’s the first name I recognize - and it’s not for good reasons. His Appalachian/Argentinian adventure was super embarrassing.

IMO, a credible challenge would have to come from a name brand and also someone known not primarily for being a never Trumper (so not a Flake or Corker).  But also someone that has not been afraid to publicly disagree with the President. So like Nikki Haley or Rand Paul. 
Haley is eying a 2024 run imo.  With this GOP a primary run is DOA.  She knows this.

And Im sure all of those that bashed the DNC for favoring Hillary will be super consistent and not support the party with Trump on this one...right?

John Kasich would seem like a decent option.

And Im sure all of those that bashed the DNC for favoring Hillary will be super consistent and not support the party with Trump on this one...right?
To be fair you are comparing two people vying for the nomination to an incumbent.  I believe (but could be wrong) that the GOP and DNC didn't hold primaries against Obama, GW, Cinton and Reagan.  GOP did for HW obviously.  

Not saying I agree with it-I don't.  I even registered as a Republican so that I could vote against Trump in my district if he was, in fact, primaried.  Alas.

To be fair you are comparing two people vying for the nomination to an incumbent.  I believe (but could be wrong) that the GOP and DNC didn't hold primaries against Obama, GW, Cinton and Reagan.  GOP did for HW obviously.  

Not saying I agree with it-I don't.  I even registered as a Republican so that I could vote against Trump in my district if he was, in fact, primaried.  Alas.
And as others said that is wrong too.  But im comparing favoring a candidate...over not holding primaries at all.

If we are going to argue that all votes should be heard...that should mean no matter what.  

Fwiw and kinda jk'ing here, but Iowa does have a GOP primary tonight, with Weld, Sanford and Walsh challenging Trump. I just wonder if there will even be a blip.

Users who are viewing this thread