What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I get by with this at WR and QB (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
The league is a 10 team friends league that I commissioner.  This is partially a bragging post for my RB's but I only won the inaugeral year and haven't won since (6th year in) even though my team has been stacked year after year.  

Here is my starting lineup:

QB1 - Matt Ryan  QB2 - Dak Prescott

WR1 - Mike Evans  WR2 - JuJu Smith-Schuster  WR3 - Jamison Crowder (possibly Agholor)

RB1 - David Johnson  RB2 - Zeke Elliott 

TE1 - Greg Olsen  TE2 - Charles Clay (possibly OJ Howard/McDonald)

Flex1 - Melvin Gordon  Flex2 -  Saquon Barkley

Clearly my strength is RB which I'm super stoked about but it's been year after year of stupid injury and making me question if I need to make moves.  

If you can flex 2 rbs, stay put. You have had bad luck with the injury bug, part of the game. Dont over think it. Fella in my league is in the exact same boat. Commissioner of a friends league, won the first year, and now in year 4 or 5 he hasnt broken thru the second round of the playoffs despite being one of the best on paper. Bell, Zeke, Julio, cook, cooks, etc. all on his roster but no championship. Its eating at him, and has forced some strange trades. Dont let it happen to you. 

I could easily stay put but I could also make a case for trading Barkley for Brown, Hopkins or Beckham if any of their owners want a shiny new toy.. It couldn't hurt to get a top WR for an unproven rookie.

I have no issue staying put but if you can get an overpay on Barkley or Gordon then I wouldn't hesitate to make the deal.  Don't force anything but have an open mind and willing to move any player if the price is right.

Personally I'd float all four of your receivers out there and sell the one that I can get the most for.   I'd see if I could get Hopkins or OBJ for one of them.  You have all of the best RBs, so surely someone will be willing to pay a hefty price.

Users who are viewing this thread