What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should The Commissioner Review Lineups On A Weekly Basis? (1 Viewer)

Should The Commissioner Review Lineups On A Weekly Basis?

• Yes, He Has To.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the lone star

Footballguy
So a thread on another board got me thinking. A poster said that he was the commish of his dynasty league and just didn't think it was his duty to check each team's lineup on a weekly basis. I kind of agreed, but then I thought about it and realized, well, I guess that is something he should do. Life obviously happens, but when he can and is not too busy, then I think that's a fair expectation.

But I understand that other people will disagree with that sentiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a commissioner of a few dynasty leagues, and i do not review every roster every week. It's not my job.  If someone wants me to check on it, then I will review.  No one in my leagues expects me to review lineups.     

Should the commish review lineups every week?  No. 

Could the commish review lineups every week?  Yes.

As a commish if I notice a blatant lineup screw up (player listed as out or on bye) I usually drop a note to the owner in case he just missed it but it is not the commish's job to ensure everyone is paying attention.

The only caveat I would have to this is the type of league.  When I started commishing for my work league we had a lot of novices that had never played before.  I tried to help everyone equally so that the competition would be as good as possible throughout the year.  I would check lineups and help out guys with advise or direction for research so they can figure things out on their own.  In any existing league with vet owners this is totally unnecessary. 

As a commish in several leagues, I do not review lineups every week. Maybe if I didn't have a team in the league, that would be something I'd do but I have enough things to keep track of with my own teams that this just isn't going to happen.

That being said, there was an issue where someone contacted me before kickoff saying they wanted to switch out a player in their lineup but couldn't access the site. In that case, I did it for them and had no issue doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread