Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

2018 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

1 hour ago, Faust said:

Great article. Good job as always, Faust. 👍

Really pissed this won't be televised in my area, a true test for both teams and the biggest unstoppable force meets immovable object game in a year already filled a few pretty incredible games. 

• Like 1

Picked up Buffalo because there wasn't #### else on my wire. Was going to grab Indy but got scooped.

Buffalo actually does a heck of a job getting after the QB.

20 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Agree with the posters below that you'll want the Chargers, but for those without that luxury, I think you are on to something with the bolded. Von Miller just issued a public challenge to his own D, putting the pressure on them to reverse the 4-game lose skid they are on. I think they come out raring to stuff the run and force the Cards to be one-dimensional and get some turnovers.

I went with Denver after seeing Von Miller’s quotes.  Miller played like Jefferson from Fast Times at Ridgemont High after Spicoli trashed his Trans Am. 

:thumbup:

• Like 3

Guys it could be worse I had Den D and dropped them for AZ because I thought 2 OL out would make a difference for the broncos smh, onward troops

Edited by bb7278

21 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Agree with the posters below that you'll want the Chargers, but for those without that luxury, I think you are on to something with the bolded. Von Miller just issued a public challenge to his own D, putting the pressure on them to reverse the 4-game lose skid they are on. I think they come out raring to stuff the run and force the Cards to be one-dimensional and get some turnovers.

It's a meaningful game for both teams, and while I tend to side with the home team on TNF, and the DEN D is very susceptible compared to last year, they have been much more competitive than their record shows, as opposed to the Cards, who only are now finding a way to get DJ going, and have only Kirk as a reliable downfield weapon.

Tough call, as I've been bouncing between DEN or ARI (and even BUF) for this week, but rolling with DEN because I just see more fire on that side of the ball.

Ugh...I should've listened to my gut.  Dropped DEN for LAC just before the game.  Kicking myself this morning.  🙂

Well, I took the bait....  went with LAC vs Tenn (in London)....  I just could not pull the trigger on Denver....  :wall:

Denver Def put up 38 pts in our scoring system!  For reference, a Top 10 Def in our league score 10 pts. 

• Like 1

You hate to leave points on the wire, but for those who went LAC, I think that’s a sound move against a clearly flailing team, even in a game across the pond.

Can’t beat yourself up over hindsight. At the time, LAC was a less-risky proposition.

And at least you didn’t nab ARI D?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Well, I took the bait....  went with LAC vs Tenn (in London)....  I just could not pull the trigger on Denver....  :wall:

Denver Def put up 38 pts in our scoring system!  For reference, a Top 10 Def in our league score 10 pts. 

I thought the implosion we saw would happen last week. The Cards looked pretty good vs SF. The Rosen bomb to Kirk was beautiful and the D jumped on Beathard on the road. So heading home seemed like they would be competitive. I don’t think it was such an easy pick.

• Like 1