Faust

2018 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

393 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NeverEnough said:

Rolling with CAR as of now, but might put the Jets in

Same boat. I keep coming back to the idea that, when in doubt, bet on the better D, and that's clearly Carolina. 

1 hour ago, NeverEnough said:

I'm in a similar position, but might put in Green Bay

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, NeverEnough said:

CAR and PIT both dropped in my league, going to do some diligence and give them consideration going forward

Looking ahead, what are Bears owners thinking about facing NE next week? I think they might be good enough to have earned set-it-and-forget-it status, and NE offense isn't what it's been in past years. Still, it's always a little scary to have your defense facing Brady.

I could pick up someone now to spot-stream, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

4 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Looking ahead, what are Bears owners thinking about facing NE next week? I think they might be good enough to have earned set-it-and-forget-it status, and NE offense isn't what it's been in past years. Still, it's always a little scary to have your defense facing Brady.

I could pick up someone now to spot-stream, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm not moving them from the starting lineup for the rest of the season.

They still put up points against Rodgers, even though he ended tearing them up in the 2nd half. I mean if you have room on your bench maybe there's better options, but I'm happy hopefully not having to worry about that position for the rest of the year.

This years' Jags IMO.

47 minutes ago, Skoo said:

They still put up points against Rodgers, even though he ended tearing them up in the 2nd half. I mean if you have room on your bench maybe there's better options, but I'm happy hopefully not having to worry about that position for the rest of the year.

This years' Jags IMO.

I'm mostly there, just having some doubts. But yeah, having a SIAFI defense has the hidden value of giving you roster flexibility, especially when they have an early bye.

I started Carolina last week and hadn't gotten around to dropping them yet, mostly because there wasn't anyone really worth it on the WW. But maybe I should just go all-in.

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

This years' Jags IMO.

By the way, just looked at the schedule. I hadn't realize they play the Rams in Week 14. That will be a serious gut-check, far more than the Pats. If you don't think you have the stomach for it and want to plan ahead, Carolina plays @ Cleveland that week, Denver plays @ SF and Jets play @ Buffalo. 

2 people like this

Someone dropped the Vikings D in my 14 man. Currently have Carolina and was wanting to roll them ROS but heavily debating swapping over since Vikings play Arizona this week. Thoughts?

Vikings have played terrible in several games this year. 

4 hours ago, nighttime90 said:

Someone dropped the Vikings D in my 14 man. Currently have Carolina and was wanting to roll them ROS but heavily debating swapping over since Vikings play Arizona this week. Thoughts?

Why are you posting in here when you could be running to your waiver wire?

2 people like this

11 hours ago, nighttime90 said:

I grabbed the Vikings d this week. About as good as you can expect matchup wise.

Man the Bears and Mack are going to destroy the Phins if they're led by Osweiler today.

I'll go with the Chargers vs Browns and Hawks vs Raiders today. Not great options this week. Getting and holding the Texans during their downturn for today would have been optimal.

Started the Panthers this week. Ugh! 

But looking ahead to next week, all the good match ups are bad Ds (Indy, Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit). No idea what the play is.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

But looking ahead to next week, all the good match ups are bad Ds (Indy, Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit). No idea what the play is.

Sat them this week for Green Bay. Hoping it turns out

3 hours ago, zftcg said:

Thinking I gotta go Indy. Don't love the idea of starting a D that just gave up 40 points to the freakin' Jets, but consider that the worst-case scenario is they face Josh Allen; best case is Peterman.

Edited by zftcg

Starting Green Bay this week but have to bench them last minute. Only up 2 and all players on both teams have played, except Green Bay D. Anyone ever done this? 

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Starting Green Bay this week but have to bench them last minute. Only up 2 and all players on both teams have played, except Green Bay D. Anyone ever done this? 

I've done it before and it worked out.  I did see one guy do it in a league once when he was up .5 and a stat correction made him lose.  And are tie breakers points for/against?  Assuming only negative points for over 35 allowed, I think the odds of that are pretty slim.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Man the Bears and Mack are going to destroy the Phins if they're led by Osweiler today.

I'll go with the Chargers vs Browns and Hawks vs Raiders today. Not great options this week. Getting and holding the Texans during their downturn for today would have been optimal.

Funny league ain’t it?

Texans were drafted & dropped a couple times in my league. Got them for free & riding them - schedule is excellent.

1 person likes this

Bears were surprising and not a stream but we may need to bench them next week vs NE. Also, Baltimore plays NO. Tough week upcoming for defenses.

53 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Bears were surprising and not a stream but we may need to bench them next week vs NE. Also, Baltimore plays NO. Tough week upcoming for defenses.

Yeah, the best Ds have bad match-ups and the best match-ups are bad Ds (Indy, Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit).

In my league where I have the Bears, I'm sticking with them. Not worth wasting a roster spot on a streamer that is no sure thing.

Also, I'm not panicking over Chicago's crappy performance yesterday. It was just one of those any-given-Sunday kind of days. Heading into yesterday the two locks were Chicago against the Brockening and Jax against Dallas' moribund offense. 

1 person likes this

THoughts on the Rams moving forward? They've been pretty mediocre these last few weeks. I typically only carry one DST so I didn't think I needed a 2nd unit. 

Have GB for now, but looking at replacements for Week 7.  Not much out there.  Looking at possibly Car or NO.  Maybe NE?

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

Yeah, the best Ds have bad match-ups and the best match-ups are bad Ds (Indy, Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit).

Yeah, I checked the wire and that's exactly the case in both my leagues. Yuck. Looks like I'm rolling out Arizona again in one league and kind of praying in another. Arizona, who is seventh in Football Outsiders' DVOA and might not be losing the field position game quite so badly with Rosen at the helm and even though they switched schemes, finished up strong last year though they lost three guys. Basically, they're not doormats is all I'm saying. 

BTW, stat to keep an eye on with Carolina: in their three home games the DST has averaged 11.33 FFPG. In their two road games it's been 2.

Ridiculously small sample size, so I'm definitely not recommending this should be your sole criterion when deciding whether to start them, but it may inform your decision making (for example, the fact that they're @ Philly this week nudges me into viewing them a definite stay-away next week).

4 hours ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

THoughts on the Rams moving forward? They've been pretty mediocre these last few weeks. I typically only carry one DST so I didn't think I needed a 2nd unit. 

Been riding them all year and frankly don't trust them.  And again this week they are seen a a top 3 D.  I'm considering the Bolts vs. the Titans in London instead.

looking for a replacement for bears this week.  cant play them vs ne.

maybe ne @ bears?