Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

2018 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

On 8/25/2018 at 0:22 AM, jabarony said:

There's a halfass one by another guy.  Doesn't show the entire list for some reason.

Yeah that article is terrible.  To pick one he had to do them all.  Why not just show all the data?

thoughts on chicago defense now?  Fwiw, trying to decide between them and ne.

1 minute ago, rascal said:

thoughts on chicago defense now?  Fwiw, trying to decide between them and ne.

Them or Pitt for me. Prob going to pull the trigger. 

On 8/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, Deamon said:

Saints D has a juicy matchup hosting a winston-less bucs team

I drafted the Saints. Starting against the Bucs without Winston and then have Cleveland next, Atlanta, Giants, and Washington before their bye.

The Bears were one of my top picks for a flyer on D and now that they added Mack I'm rolling with them to start the season and hopefully don't have to stream now.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The Bears were one of my top picks for a flyer on D and now that they added Mack I'm rolling with them to start the season and hopefully don't have to stream now.

... except in Week 1 when they go into Lambeau.

Drafted Carolina last night (open against Dallas), but I'm already having second thoughts about passing on Green Bay. I think with the new additions plus Pettine replacing Capers, they could be positioned to make the leap this year. Plus, they open at home (decent matchup vs. Chicago).

I have one more draft tonight and I think I will try to target them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zftcg said:

... except in Week 1 when they go into Lambeau.

I'm not too worried about that.  They will have 4 games in a row that should be favorable after the Packers.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not too worried about that.  They will have 4 games in a row that should be favorable after the Packers.

Yeah, that's solid logic. If you think they will have season-long value, you don't need to let one unfavorable match-up scare you away.

My bigger issue with the Bears is that the Mack trade has moved them from the "under the radar" tier to the "overdrafted" tier. They went super early in my draft last night, and I have no expectation that I will be able to get them before the final 2-3 rounds in my draft tonight. But if you managed to snag them pre-trade, you're in great shape.

Just now, zftcg said:

Yeah, that's solid logic. If you think they will have season-long value, you don't need to let one unfavorable match-up scare you away.

My bigger issue with the Bears is that the Mack trade has moved them from the "under the radar" tier to the "overdrafted" tier. They went super early in my draft last night, and I have no expectation that I will be able to get them before the final 2-3 rounds in my draft tonight. But if you managed to snag them pre-trade, you're in great shape.

I just picked the Bears up off waivers in a league where I didn't draft a defense.  Pretty solid value for me.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, SameSongNDance said:

So do we just pick on the rookies in week 1? BAL gets Allen at home and DET get Darnold at home. 

.Lions defense has looked pretty bad from what I have seen, I'd say you go the other way with that, Jets defense vs Lions, if anything..Darnold looks every bit the part of a starting NFL QB..

Balt v. Bills, SD v. Mahomes is so enticing it's on the radar for sure.

Jags V. Giants - Coughlin looking to stick it to the Gmen. I can't imagine how this is going to go down but as a Giants' fan I dont think it's going to end on a good note for them. offenses vs. Jags in preseason haven't fared well , lots of incomplete passes, ints, sacks. 

Fantasy Football Rookie Report: Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Sam Darnold

Excerpt:

The Packers Defense

OK, I know this seems ridiculous on the surface, and I never give fantasy defenses the time of day, but the Packers’ rookies on defense were so good this preseason I can’t leave them out. Green Bay’s defense is currently owned in only 30 percent of Yahoo! Leagues, making it a great streaming option going forward. The team’s obvious weakness was in the secondary last year, and the team addressed that in the draft, which so far is paying off. Jaire Alexander (a first-rounder out of Louisville) had one interception and showed he can be a difference-maker. 

Josh Jackson (a second-rounder from Iowa) had one pick-six, and a second one that was called back. This young talent could cause a lot of turnovers, which means a lot of fantasy points.

Someone in here or another thread convinced me to grab the Chargers, and I own them everywhere.

Not highly ranked this week, but is anyone else starting them?  Mahomes was an interception machine in training camp.

The KC offense feels like a strong one with a lot of weapons, in what could be a shootout, so they’d have to make up the high scoring with plenty of turnovers and sacks.

2 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

Someone in here or another thread convinced me to grab the Chargers, and I own them everywhere.

Not highly ranked this week, but is anyone else starting them?  Mahomes was an interception machine in training camp.

I'm leaning toward them for DFS. But I see Bosa may not play.

Houston still a consensus top ten defense, right?

Arizona not so much?

Edited by BobbyLayne

Joey Bosa (foot) was ruled out for Week 1.

Bosa was spotted in a walking boot Friday and is considered "week-to-week." Although his current injury is separate from the injury he suffered during the preseason, it's concerning that both occurred to the same foot. The Chargers will also be without CB Jason Verrett (ACL, I.R.) against the Chiefs' explosive offense in Week 1. At this point, Bosa should be considered questionable even for Week 2.

Source: Jack Wang on Twitter 

Sep 7 - 3:32 PM

On 8/29/2018 at 4:05 PM, Deamon said:

Saints D has a juicy matchup hosting a winston-less bucs team

I agree with this and then they have the Browns the following week.

21 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Houston still a consensus top ten defense, right?

Houston has to be top ten, but their ranking seems to be all over the board (ranging 4th to 12th, some beyond that).  I look at their schedule starting in week 2, and I can't see how it could get much better.

Edited by Fever in the Funkhouse

18 hours ago, DBDynasty said:

Anyone considering the Steelers or even the Browns if the weather forecast holds up?

I was debating dropping PIT for CHI but I think I’m going to keep PIT because of the forecast. I see a run oriented, low scoring game with some turnovers. 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’ll take a defense facing a rookie QB in his first game any day. Lions.

I was thinking the same way.

Do I hit you in the face with a pie first? Or do you hit me first with the pie?

• Like 1

Chiefs looked great, but chargers didn’t give me a glimpse of anything. Understand there best player was out, but hard to not look elsewhere after that.

Thank goodness for the Detroit pick 6. What a disaster. Dropping them like a bad habit. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’ll take a defense facing a rookie QB in his first game any day. Lions.

who ya got this week so I can go the other way...

• Like 2

Hey, I used SD and ignored the Bosa news anyway, so who do I have so I can go the other way?  A little too meta for me, though.  Trying to avoid another Fight Club situation.

1 hour ago, need2know said:

Anyone sticking with saints?

I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves against CLE...but the Bears are on waivers tempting me.

2 hours ago, need2know said:

Anyone sticking with saints?

I am. Last year the Saints gave up 300 yards and 3 TDs to Bradford in the opener. Willing to ride it one more week against the Browns!