Faust

2018 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

395 posts in this topic

I’ll take a defense facing a rookie QB in his first game any day. Lions.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

21 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Houston still a consensus top ten defense, right?

Houston has to be top ten, but their ranking seems to be all over the board (ranging 4th to 12th, some beyond that).  I look at their schedule starting in week 2, and I can't see how it could get much better.

Edited by Fever in the Funkhouse

I suspect that the Cards might be an interesting defesne this year with Wilks as HC, they were very aggressive in PS, they might surprise some people.

18 hours ago, DBDynasty said:

Anyone considering the Steelers or even the Browns if the weather forecast holds up?

I was debating dropping PIT for CHI but I think I’m going to keep PIT because of the forecast. I see a run oriented, low scoring game with some turnovers. 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I was thinking the same way.

Do I hit you in the face with a pie first? Or do you hit me first with the pie?

1 person likes this

Just now, fatness said:

I was thinking the same way.

Do I hit you in the face with a pie first? Or do you hit me first with the pie?

Ha, drrrrinnnk!!

1 person likes this

Chiefs looked great, but chargers didn’t give me a glimpse of anything. Understand there best player was out, but hard to not look elsewhere after that.

Thank goodness for the Detroit pick 6. What a disaster. Dropping them like a bad habit. 

1 person likes this

On 9/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

who ya got this week so I can go the other way...

2 people like this

Hey, I used SD and ignored the Bosa news anyway, so who do I have so I can go the other way?  A little too meta for me, though.  Trying to avoid another Fight Club situation.

Jets in home opener against Miami? 

Leaning towards Jets being for real. And Tannehill being a bum.

1 hour ago, need2know said:

Anyone sticking with saints?

I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves against CLE...but the Bears are on waivers tempting me.

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

who ya got this week so I can go the other way...

Also love the Saints.

2 hours ago, need2know said:

I am. Last year the Saints gave up 300 yards and 3 TDs to Bradford in the opener. Willing to ride it one more week against the Browns!

Niners at home versus Detroit.

Looked respectable against what I view as a nice Vikings squad on the road. And the Lions looked... well.

1 person likes this

I'm leaning 49ers too. Only allowed 17 points (one of the td's was a jimmy g pick 6) against a potent vikings offense.

1 person likes this

Going for Jets and then Washington 

I have a feeling the Jets will disappoint :(

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, andyk803 said:

I have a feeling the Jets will disappoint :(

Probably. But I'm playing. Other options are Detroit and Washington 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, sped1103 said:

I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves against CLE...but the Bears are on waivers tempting me.

The Bears look like a top defense the rest of the way. You have to add them.

2 people like this

I’m leaning Niners over Saints as well in the only league where I’m not set on defense. They looked pretty solid as others have said.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, VikingFrog said:

Chiefs looked great, but chargers didn’t give me a glimpse of anything. Understand there best player was out, but hard to not look elsewhere after that.

Bosa potentially being out for multiple weeks definitely hurts but they are solid elsewhere, and they are up against the Bills this coming week.

Solid hold for at least 1 more week in my book, and if you can afford to carry 2 Ds, now might be the time to leap on a D like CHI.

Any place to find a list of Ds as ranked after game 1?  I got Tex and PIT but am sorely tempted to grab the Bears off waivers for an every week D.  I think they are real.

Bears are definitely for real. Pick them up NOW.  Mack by himself added like 8 fantasy points last week, but even apart from big plays he was collapsing the pocket regularly and hurrying Rogers.  Guy is insane.

If there’s a weakness it’s that offensive troubles could put the D in poor field position more often than you’d like but if there’s going to be an elite D this year that started the season off waivers (and every year there usually is) it’s the 2018 Bears DST.

I like the way GB’s DST lines up with the Bears bye week and harder opponents through week 6ish so I’m rostering them as well right now.

If the Bears were gone I was going to take the Jets next.  Maybe it was just the Lions dumpster fire of a game but the Jets D looked elite.  If anybody wants to know how to tackle well with the new safety rules watch every defensive series by he Jets from that game.

Edited by jtp1982
spelling

Tempering my enthusiasm for Jets going forward after seeing this from Joe's notes

Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini

New York Jets LB Darron Lee said Tuesday, Sept. 11, that the defense decoded the signals of Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford and knew what plays were coming, helping lead to five total interceptions (four off Stafford) in a 48-17 road win Monday, Sept. 10. 'We were calling out their plays as he was getting up to the line,' Lee said. 'We knew his signals. We knew everything. That's just preparation as a defense. ... It seemed like we were in his head as a defense.'

Pretty happy I could get the Bears to pair with the Chargers this morning. We have deep benches so I can probably hold both if need be. Hoping one of these can turn into every week starters though.

Bears are certainly looking solid with Mack.

Sticking with Panthers in one league. I think their Week 1 performance was more about Dallas' ineptitude, but it's not like Atlanta is a super scary match-up at this point.

In my other league, rolling with the Bears. Only question is whether it's worth holding on to Cinci. I am largely because I don't really need the roster spot yet. Longer term I don't see myself holding two DSTs until I'm past the bye weeks. On the other hand, Bears have an early bye and they look like a decent pairing over the next few weeks

• Week 2: Bears vs SEA/Cinci vs. Bal
  • Week 3: Bears @ AZ/ Cinci @ Car
  • Week 4: Bears vs TB/Cinci @ Atl (decision TBD)
  • Week 5: Bears bye/Cinci vs MIA

Rolling with Carolina this week, but picked up Browns too. Might drop them for a high upside player, though.

Had Ravens last week, going with Bears this week (and probably next week as well).

How do you guys feel about the Steelers D/ST this week and rest of season? Even though they let the browns put up 21 points,  they still had 7 sacks, an interception, and a very crucial blocked field goal

17 hours ago, need2know said:

Had been planning on riding Panthers, but Saints got dropped and I'm tempted. They can't be that bad again, right? Also, Tyrod doesn't throw INTs but he does hold the ball too long and take sacks.

are the Redskins for real ?

maybe ..... I picked them up in several leagues

On 9/11/2018 at 10:07 PM, Cobbler1 said:

I’m leaning Niners over Saints as well in the only league where I’m not set on defense. They looked pretty solid as others have said.

FBG rankings don’t really love the niners.

Not sure what I’m missing so I usually check the spread.

SF -7 at home with an O/U of 48. That O/U is a bit high and means could be plenty of scoring on either side.

Yeah I don’t love it. Implied score of 27.5-20.5. I dropped my kicker (thanks Prater) to hold the Saints along with them so I can maximize my decision making agony before choosing the wrong one. The wire is pretty bare in this league for some reason.