What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Krilons Resa said:
Would you guys rather have DEN or WASH to pair with HOU?  They both have amazing playoff schedules.
I would probably rather Have Denver paired with Houston.  I look at Houstons week 14 and 16 and those are the only weeks that I would want some help.  Those weeks Denver's schedule is much more favorable

Last edited by a moderator:
GoBirds said:
How early do you grab DET D and hold them for their week 14/15 matchups with Arizona and Buffalo?
I would definitely wait to see how the next couple weeks shake out for Detroit. They're not a very good defense, and it's possible the wheels could come off.

Also worth seeing how Allen and Rosen progress. Not saying they'll suddenly turn into Brady and Rodgers, but they may at least progress to the point where their opposing DSTs aren't autostarts.

Rolling with BUF this week, kept HOU through their bye. Dropped my backup QB today to pickup DEN. I rarely carry two DST so three is absurd but I like both schedules.

Week 11 waivers I’ll kick the Bills for a lottery ticket.

Grabbed LAC off WW for this week.  Debating holding and riding them thru ROS as I saw someone dropped WAS this morning.

I don’t really have an answer for this in terms of anything I’ve seen, but I think it’s a great question.

One thing that has always bugged me is the sort of standard way of tabulating points for TD based on points allowed. I think more emphasis should be given for actual stats, be it turnovers and sacks or whatever the case may be. 

As for kickers I always thought adding punters and punting yards & I20 punts with deductions for TBs would be a good stat.
Agree, I was hopping to see if there was some new ideas for Defences or even Offensive lines. Have a cooler point system for D's and actually have one for Offensive lines.  That with out playing IDP's        

Any ideas for week 11 and week 12? I have KC and Washington but not happy with their matchups during those 2 weeks. 

Jets and Colts seem to have favorable schedules upcoming.  I'm carrying both until week 15.

10 NYJ v Buf

11 Ind v Ten

12 Ind v Mia

13 NYJ at Ten or Ind at Jax

14 NYJ at Buf

15 Ind v Dal

16 Ind v NYG
IND looks like a favorable D to hold and serviceable plays every week if needed? May play KC this week and weeks 13 @ OAK  and 14 home vs. BAL

Rolling with KC this week and perhaps again in week 13 @ OAK. Just picked up BAL over IND on a hunch they get their crap together in weeks 11 & 12 at home with CIN and OAK. Maybe TB in week 15 too. IND looks juicy and may opt back in if available during that stretch run weeks 11-16, except week 14 @ HOU. 

Rolling with KC this week and perhaps again in week 13 @ OAK. Just picked up BAL over IND on a hunch they get their crap together in weeks 11 & 12 at home with CIN and OAK. Maybe TB in week 15 too. IND looks juicy and may opt back in if available during that stretch run weeks 11-16, except week 14 @ HOU. 
This is what I'm considering. 

KC D @ Arizona this week. 

Pitt D @ Jax Wk 11

Pitt D @ Denver Wk 12

KC D @ Oakland Wk 13

Washington D @ Giants, Jax, TN Wk 14, 15, 16

Back looking at IND's schedule again... a lot to like - how good are they anyway lol 

I think it's time to ride or pair up two defenses from here on out. D/ST becomes a tad more key coming down the stretch.

Deciding between WAS, IND, BAL, KC - two of em

So much for thinking the Jets would be a good streamer.

Makes me think twice about how to stream teams that have such variable Ds like NYJ or IND, and just rely on name brands like BAL or DEN even when they are up against tough high powered offenses.

I know you can't always make the right calls streaming, and Any Given Sunday and all, but this is a beatdown that makes me think how you minimize risk of streaming a relatively non-trustworthy D in a good match up.

Who is sticking with CHI this week vs. MN??

Only two streamers I'd consider over them: AZ (vs OAK) or PIT (@JAX)

Who is sticking with CHI this week vs. MN??

Only two streamers I'd consider over them: AZ (vs OAK) or PIT (@JAX)
Minny is one of the top teams giving up points to opposing defenses. I have no problem rolling them out there. Those other two are great options as well.

Minny is one of the top teams giving up points to opposing defenses. I have no problem rolling them out there. Those other two are great options as well.
MN middle of the pack in my scoring system in terms of points allowed.

With D. Cook and Diggs back and a bye to get their act together, not loving it.

Anybody liking AZ vs Oak as a top streamer?  Cardinals D actually looked really good against the Chiefs vaunted offense, seemed to get a good bit of pressure on Mahomes most of the game.  If they can do that against Carr, he should put up some turnovers.

Now that we’re nearly past the byes, seems a good time to set up the defenses for the stretch run. Washington and Denver look to be the best options on my wire currently for the week 13-16 stretch, but getting there isn’t going to be fun with those two (at least it doesn’t look like it right now).

Guess I’ll go with AZ hosting Oakland this week.

AZ HOU and BAL all got picked up... looking at PIT CAR

PIT - historically plays a more conservative O ... Jax is struggling  

• @jax @den LAC @ oak
CAR - bounce back effort with a little extra time ... Det has given up a lot of points to D the last 3 weeks.

• @det SEA @tb @cle

Now that we’re nearly past the byes, seems a good time to set up the defenses for the stretch run. Washington and Denver look to be the best options on my wire currently for the week 13-16 stretch, but getting there isn’t going to be fun with those two (at least it doesn’t look like it right now).

Guess I’ll go with AZ hosting Oakland this week.
Leaning this way myself.  I'm juggling between AZ and PITT for this week.

WIth a continued competitive atmosphere in my league around streaming Ds, leading to some hoarding, I have BAL and NYJ, looking to add DEN by dropping a bye week coverage TE, and adding TEN by dropping NYJ. Also have ARI, MIA, and BUF queued up if I lose out on DEN or TEN (which given my waiver priority, I expect to).

Slim pickings. 

De

AZ HOU and BAL all got picked up... looking at PIT CAR

PIT - historically plays a more conservative O ... Jax is struggling  

• @jax @den LAC @ oak
CAR - bounce back effort with a little extra time ... Det has given up a lot of points to D the last 3 weeks.

• @det SEA @tb @cle
someone sniped PIT so CAR it is!  they've given up 16 sacks the last two weeks, since Tate was traded,  so keep pounding or whatever.  

At 9-1 I'm assured of making my playoffs so right now I'm mostly setting up to try and win a title.  For D/ST I have two:

Lions vs AZ  week 14

Lions vs BUF week 15

Bears vs @SF week 16

Bears vs @MIN week 17

But I am taking a risk this week waiving the Lions to grab a BYE week replacement for my TE (Njoku) which I will dump the following week.  I don't want to waive Njoku as the guys I am using in his BYE weeks aren't great.  If I don't get one of my TEs I'll  grab a backup QB with that slot. (only have Cam and Dak and Mariotta are both available).  

It is tough.  I don't want to drop any of my RB/WRs with the weakest being Howard and Lockett.  Or maybe Davis/SEA.

Flap...what do you think of CHI D vs MN this week? Debating CHI vs what look like the best two streamers -- AZ (vs OAK), and PIT (@JAX).
Would be crazy to sit the Bears D right now for a streamer.  Killing teams and now Mack is back.  Obviously, nothing is a sure thing in the current state of offenses in the NFL, but the Bears are as safe of a start as you can get. I wish I owned them. 

At 9-1 I'm assured of making my playoffs so right now I'm mostly setting up to try and win a title.  For D/ST I have two:

Lions vs AZ  week 14

Lions vs BUF week 15

Bears vs @SF week 16

Bears vs @MIN week 17

But I am taking a risk this week waiving the Lions to grab a BYE week replacement for my TE (Njoku) which I will dump the following week.  I don't want to waive Njoku as the guys I am using in his BYE weeks aren't great.  If I don't get one of my TEs I'll  grab a backup QB with that slot. (only have Cam and Dak and Mariotta are both available).  

It is tough.  I don't want to drop any of my RB/WRs with the weakest being Howard and Lockett.  Or maybe Davis/SEA.
I wouldn't stash Detroit. Not only do they have a horrible defense but AZ is looking better lately with Leftwich as OC and Buffalo will get back Allen.

Would be crazy to sit the Bears D right now for a streamer.  Killing teams and now Mack is back.  Obviously, nothing is a sure thing in the current state of offenses in the NFL, but the Bears are as safe of a start as you can get. I wish I owned them. 
Agreed. THey are a set and forget it now EXCEPT for week 14 @LAR and week 15 vs GB. Thankfully I have basically locked up the bye so I only have to worry about week 15. I am already stashing CIN vs OAK for that week. That being said, I probably would have no issue rolling them out vs Rodgers if I had to.

Agreed. THey are a set and forget it now EXCEPT for week 14 @LAR and week 15 vs GB. Thankfully I have basically locked up the bye so I only have to worry about week 15. I am already stashing CIN vs OAK for that week. That being said, I probably would have no issue rolling them out vs Rodgers if I had to.
Rams is the only game I would hesitant.  GB has been terrible 

I have KC and Balt now. Probably drop KC for Washington and dropping  mike Williams for Denver. Feels weird to carry 3 def but that may keep me covered now and for the playoffs. I just find it hard to trust Balt 

I have KC and Balt now. Probably drop KC for Washington and dropping  mike Williams for Denver. Feels weird to carry 3 def but that may keep me covered now and for the playoffs. I just find it hard to trust Balt 
Yep. I'll be carrying KC, Washington, and Pittsburgh for a couple weeks 

Holding Chi but I am making a BB waiver claim for ARZ this week (home vs Oak) and a bid for HOU (@ Was).

Not sure if Chi Def will keep the scoring low... 

Users who are viewing this thread