What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (3 Viewers)

That list is for Week 14.  I probably won't do it for Week 15 because I own the Patriots defense and they are facing the Bengals.  But maybe I will if I'm bored.
Week 15 and 16 would be fantastic - I own the Pats and the Jets, so likely dropping the Jets for some lotto/cuff candidates as I think I can trust the Pats against CIN in WK 15, but not as sure how great the Pats D will be against the Bills in WK 16. Jets have PIT that week, and may actually perform well against PIT whose bright side is really their D, not their O.

Who do we think are the best Ds for weeks 15 & 16?

MIA has the best match ups but threw up in my mouth a little just typing that. How about the Giants?

not sure of ownership %, but Seahawks are available in my league and I am going to grab them tomorrow.  I have NEP, so maybe will just play them, but SEA at home again an up and down offense seems like the best to me.
They are available to me as well.  Didn't watch the game but isn't Clowney back?  And no sacks last night?

And SEA is at LA this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone still have faith in CAR defense?

had a prime matchup last week & did nothing. Next on the schedule is:

• ATL
  • SEA
  • IND

Trying to decide between Seattle, Minny and GB right now-all on WW.  Have Cleveland against Cincy right now, but no confidence.  

ETA. As mentioned above, Clowney being back is making me lean toward Seattle.

Someone in a league Im in cut Cleveland and made an actual bid on the KC Chiefs to play them this week.

Am I missing something? Playoff over coaching and nerves? It confuses me.

Bitter SF D @ Baltimore owner who picked up Philly last week who promptly got curb stomped by Miami with 37 WTF pts against. 

Now SF is @ NO again not ideal but...

Philly is home on MNF vs NYG.

Anyone else debating this or a comparable SF sub? Brees hasn't been stellar.

Bitter SF D @ Baltimore owner who picked up Philly last week who promptly got curb stomped by Miami with 37 WTF pts against. 

Have them in now.

But have to admit, my first gut instinct when I heard Eli was starting is ugh for my defense. 

This is the typical Eli comes in and wins some games on his way out of NY. Eli is way better at reading defenses and know to rely on Barkley which can only help Eli.

Not good vibes with this news. Dimes was a turnover machine and just didnt want to take the smart check down. That concerns me more that Barkley will make waves if thats the case.

Have them in now.

But have to admit, my first gut instinct when I heard Eli was starting is ugh for my defense. 

This is the typical Eli comes in and wins some games on his way out of NY. Eli is way better at reading defenses and know to rely on Barkley which can only help Eli.

Not good vibes with this news. Dimes was a turnover machine and just didnt want to take the smart check down. That concerns me more that Barkley will make waves if thats the case.
Wow I didn't see that and yes I completely agree with your take. Last hurrah time for Eli and they will play for him.

Not touching that.

SF come hell or high water.

Made a similar mistake; dropped NO, benched BAL, and picked up/ started Philly... :wall:

Now with Eli "Game Manager" Manning going back in to start this week + how Philly looked this past week, there's no way I can trust them in my playoff matchup.

Debating starting BAL @ BUF or picking up 1 of:

• CLE v. CIN
  • HOU v. DEN

Leave it to FF playoff time to over-analyze everything! 

Eli, Engram, and Tate all back. No way Id start Philly defense. Eli is a game manager who doesn't turn the ball over much in recent years.

Wow I didn't see that and yes I completely agree with your take. Last hurrah time for Eli and they will play for him.

Not touching that.

SF come hell or high water.
I have Baltimore and Cleveland was just cut. Ugh, dang it. I hate this game sometimes.

Any thoughts on Tampa Bay's Defense this week? Back to back great fantasy performances.  Colts are likely without TY Hilton and Marlon Mack.  

These are my only options:  

LAR v SEA (on the roster)

BUF v BAL (on the roster)

ATL v CAR (FA)

NYJ v MIA (FA)  ..Jamal Adams out?

TB v IND (FA)  ..No Mack or T.Y. Hilton?

All home teams,  tricky matchups.   Who would you start?

Alright, better play this Week 14?:

Houston def vs. Denver (new rookie QB)

Dallas def vs. Chicago (Thursday night)

Minnesota def vs. Detroit (no real QB)

Alright, better play this Week 14?:

Houston def vs. Denver (new rookie QB)

Dallas def vs. Chicago (Thursday night)

Minnesota def vs. Detroit (no real QB)
I'm going with Houston this week.  Lock started last week gunslinging but turned into a game manager in the second quarter probably because he was playing with a lead.  He had 1 interception and nearly had a second interception.  If he is playing from behind, I could see him having a game with a lot of interceptions.  He could end up with a lot of yardage and points but my leagues mostly just give points to defenses for turnovers and sacks.

Don Hutson said:
I'm going with Houston this week.  Lock started last week gunslinging but turned into a game manager in the second quarter probably because he was playing with a lead.  He had 1 interception and nearly had a second interception.  If he is playing from behind, I could see him having a game with a lot of interceptions.  He could end up with a lot of yardage and points but my leagues mostly just give points to defenses for turnovers and sacks.
Me too

Nobody has faith in Tennessee this week?  They're @ OAK who have been giving up a ton of points to opposing D's the last 3 games (7 turnovers and 2 TD's).  I'm thinking of ditching PHI for them.

I have NE (KC), whom I'd rather not play.  My only other choices are:

KC (@NE)

NYG (@Phi)

Dal (@Chi)

Phi (NYG)

Sea (@LAR)

I'm leaning towards Phi (Manning does not really impact that decision except maybe make it even better).  2nd choice is Dal.

Nobody has faith in Tennessee this week?  They're @ OAK who have been giving up a ton of points to opposing D's the last 3 games (7 turnovers and 2 TD's).  I'm thinking of ditching PHI for them.
TN should be a solid choice.  Oakland has no WRs.   Carr is average.  

TedyBruschi said:
Philly D a play with Eli?

I picked up HOU but haven’t really been impressed with them.   

GoBirds said:
Was leaning Phi D vs NYG but with Eli back is Bal D at Buf the better play? Buffalo has been legit. 
after seeing Phi's play last week, I was very hesitant on playing them this week. 

Now, with Eli starting, I'm definitely not using them. Eil is more of a game manager & I don't see him turning it over as much as Jones would have

I was feeling pretty great and smart rostering Philly and the Jets prior to last week. Today, not so much. Pickings are slim on the wire, so I’ll probably hold my nose and hope the Eagles play with some pride at home in prime time game. 

You know, i see SF ranked in the 20s everywhere and i get that they are played NO in the dome BUT the Saints LG is OUT and their LT is highly questionable. Dee Ford is back. Brees isnt mobile. 49ers basically shutdown the hottest team in football in the second half last week. Is everyone just ignoring the fact that this a stellar defense and should still be a top 12 play this week?

You know, i see SF ranked in the 20s everywhere and i get that they are played NO in the dome BUT the Saints LG is OUT and their LT is highly questionable. Dee Ford is back. Brees isnt mobile. 49ers basically shutdown the hottest team in football in the second half last week. Is everyone just ignoring the fact that this a stellar defense and should still be a top 12 play this week?
I've been seeing the same thing and I think it's really underselling just how good this defense is.  Brees isn't playing great ball and they are vulnerable. As far as I'm concerned, SF is a top 10 defense every single week outside of playing Baltimore right now. I did bench them last week but I won't do it again.

I’ve been hating their matchup all week, but I’m rolling with them 

Screw it

You have my attention. What about the next 2 weeks? They have Atlanta next week, atl puts up solid point totals of late but some defenses (Atlanta and Tampa have sacked them and forced turnovers) 

49ers were ok against the Rams in round 1.

I'm not going to start the 49ers.  Matchups are too important with fantasy defenses.  The Saints have given up the least fantasy points to opposing defenses this year.  Fantasy defenses have scored an average of 3.6 fantasy points per game against the Saints in a league that doesn't give points for yards and few points for points allowed.  And that number dips below 3 fantasy points per game in games that Brees has played.  The worst teams allow more than 10 fantasy points per game on average.  I'd rather have the high floor that comes when an average defense plays a rookie quarterback.

I'm not going to start the 49ers.  Matchups are too important with fantasy defenses.  The Saints have given up the least fantasy points to opposing defenses this year.  Fantasy defenses have scored an average of 3.6 fantasy points per game against the Saints in a league that doesn't give points for yards and few points for points allowed.  And that number dips below 3 fantasy points per game in games that Brees has played.  The worst teams allow more than 10 fantasy points per game on average.  I'd rather have the high floor that comes when an average defense plays a rookie quarterback.
The numbers do matter but keep in mind they also had a pretty conservative game managing approach with Bridgewater for a long stretch of this season. Brees has also played against ATL twice, Jax, TB, Arizona, and Houston. Not exactly a gauntlet in respect to defenses this year. Brees isn't afraid to go gunslinger at times and he gets picked. He's had 15 or more INTs in a year 9 times in his career. I can't imagine that being conservative wins either team this game. A game that both teams desperately need for playoff positioning.

Last week I played a marginal defense (Philly) in a must win game for them against the team (Miami) giving up the most DST points per week. This is a no doubter 5-10+ matchup right?Miami scores 37 points and Philly scores 1 pt

Moral of the story for me. I'm playing the great defense in a huge game. No regrets. If I play a marginal defense again in a "great" matchup and that goes south again, I will regret that and beat myself up for not trusting the talented team to prevail, or at the very least, not to completely sh!t the bed.

You have my attention. What about the next 2 weeks? They have Atlanta next week, atl puts up solid point totals of late but some defenses (Atlanta and Tampa have sacked them and forced turnovers) 

49ers were ok against the Rams in round 1.
Atlanta with its sieve offensive line? No brainer

Dang...i keep flip-flopping between HOU and BAL this week. 

Houston's matchup is much better, but overall their DST isn't... 

and now @Black and Gold brings up TEN as a very good matchup too...  :wall:

I can’t decide between keeping CAR in or picking HOU up off waivers.  Sack friendly scoring, so I think both games are prime for such.  One team certainly has more to play for than the other

Users who are viewing this thread