Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

2020 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

SEA did OK for me last week but I don't like this week.  Looking at HOU (who I had dropped for SEA, ungh), Bills, who aren't sexy but have a high floor, and also considering swinging for the fences with the Browns who are much better than they played last week, pissed off, and playing a crippled Jets squad.

24 minutes ago, OnTheReg said:

What's everyone doing with the Panthers? 

Not seeing a lot the rest of year.  Maybe this week then cut. 

Edited by Leroy Hoard

14 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Not seeing a lot the rest of year.  Maybe this week then cut. 

I'm thinking the same. Cardinals might put up some points but I think they're good for a few sacks (given up 8 through 2 weeks), so I think Panthers have a decent floor this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Is anyone holding & using the Chargers this week at home vs the Texans to make sure they have them for week 4 vs Miami? 

They're not an awful start against the Texans. Having them against Miami could win you the week. 

Grabbed Cowboys last week and they didn’t do much, but I have to keep them against Miami, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Grabbed Cowboys last week and they didn’t do much, but I have to keep them against Miami, right?

Nope, Miami is due to play a good game. Only been outscored by 92 points in 2 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Nope, Miami is due to play a good game. Only been outscored by 92 points in 2 games.

Law of Regression says Miami should win this week by 68-3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

got dallas in 1 league...they arent doing crap....last chance vs miami....

what so we think about san fran long term??? or tsmpa??? ugh...defense outside of nepats is ugly this year so far

1 hour ago, Mongidig said:

They're not an awful start against the Texans. Having them against Miami could win you the week. 

The Chargers’ schedule looks good through week 8 as well. 

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

got dallas in 1 league...they arent doing crap....last chance vs miami....

what so we think about san fran long term??? or tsmpa??? ugh...defense outside of nepats is ugly this year so far

I lost by 4 last week while getting 1 point from Dallas.

Point to the shirt.

But how do we not start them against Miami?

• Like 1

Is the 49ers def for real?  I have BUF, who gets the Cincy team just manhandled by the 49ers, but thinking with our league’s friendly scoring for def it might not be a horrible idea to roster both and choose best matchup each week

Just dropped Carolina for San Fran.  I think they are for real

Everyone keeps ignoring Tennessee. Im starting to think they are the Bears of this year (defense that comes out of nowhere to lead in points and becomes almost matchup proof). I added them over SF, GB, TB, and BUF.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Everyone keeps ignoring Tennessee. Im starting to think they are the Bears of this year (defense that comes out of nowhere to lead in points and becomes almost matchup proof). I added them over SF, GB, TB, and BUF.

I added Tennessee as well in one league.

You're doomed. 

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

The inept, at times, play of their offense is why i went GB(over tennessee) and think they are a team that can put up consistent weeks against many teams.  I picked them up over SF mainly because sf has this week then a bye (but them against Rudolph and a gimpy, at best, Connor i may switch and then hope to get GB back).  If the pass rush keeps up with the smiths and gary contributes they should put up good points from sacks.  And the secondary has played well and thats with two dropped ints the last two weeks.  

Edited by sho nuff

30 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The inept, at times, play of their offense is why i went GB(over tennessee) and think they are a team that can put up consistent weeks against many teams.  I picked them up over SF mainly because sf has this week then a bye (but them against Rudolph and a gimpy, at best, Connor i may switch and then hope to get GB back).  If the pass rush keeps up with the smiths and gary contributes they should put up good points from sacks.  And the secondary has played well and thats with two dropped ints the last two weeks.  

GB has been pretty inept on offense too though. Same coach lol

2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

KC defense gets a huge bump if they land Ramsey.

Exactly what I’m thinking. Think they become every week starters? I think it’s possible. 

16 minutes ago, TedyBruschi said:

Thoughts on Arizona if Newton doesn’t play?

Still missing their top two corners. I wouldn't. 

you guys talked me into it.  dropped san fran and picked up Tennessee to start tonight.

14 minutes ago, need2know said:

you guys talked me into it.  dropped san fran and picked up Tennessee to start tonight.

I have Tennessee in one and would have gone with San Fran if I hadn't gotten outbid by someone who wanted a defense for a while. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I have Tennessee in one and would have gone with San Fran if I hadn't gotten outbid by someone who wanted a defense for a while. 

I added TEN over SF and SF still sitting there on my ww. I think PIT surprises people this week and actually upsets them. Im a 49er fan too so maybe Im just being a pessimist.

• Like 1

Just now, shadyridr said:

I added TEN over SF and SF still sitting there on my ww. I think PIT surprises people this week and actually upsets them. Im a 49er fan too so maybe Im just being a pessimist.

I think they're both pretty close in all the projections I see. Can't go too wrong. It's all a little luck at this point.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hamsterdam said:

If PIT looks improved with the addition of Minkah, the back half of their schedule looks great. 

Yeah, it does. I was noticing that when I added Mason Rudolph on waivers because of Ben's injury.  

Anyone entertaining the idea of the Jets D from Week 8 until Week 14? Jax, Miami (2x), Cincy, NYG, Oak, and Wash. And Darnold should be back by then. Might pick them up in Week 7 when they play the Pats...

Just now, conlilnew said:

Anyone think SF is good call this week? Pitt going across the country. New QB. I'm thinking about dropping Cleveland for them.

Bunch of us are rolling with San Fran

9 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Tenn goose egg so far. Wonderful

Told you we were doomed

• Like 1

I know it's hindsight at this point but I wasn't really seeing anything from the Tenn defense before this game. 

22 minutes ago, Insein said:

I know it's hindsight at this point but I wasn't really seeing anything from the Tenn defense before this game. 

Nor was I, really, and I watched the Cleveland game that they supposedly dominated. 

12 hours ago, 4th&inches said:

Thoughts on Jacksonville this week? In many of my leagues they were dropped and I'm still not sold on the TEN offense

I like them. I think they get at least 8 sacks. 

🤣🤣

• Like 2