Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

2020 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread

6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Oof. Only position I have going tonight, and I'm -1.

Ouch.

Yeah...that was a bad night.  Philly attacked them the right way...didn't get behind the sticks...and hit them at their weakest point.  Good job by them.  (and the next few weeks don't look good for GB either).

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah...that was a bad night.  Philly attacked them the right way...didn't get behind the sticks...and hit them at their weakest point.  Good job by them.  (and the next few weeks don't look good for GB either).

Yeah, as much as I'd heard about the defense of the Packers, Philly has looked like they can really move the ball this year. And they apparently did.

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, as much as I'd heard about the defense of the Packers, Philly has looked like they can really move the ball this year. And they apparently did.

Yeah...they did.  Sort of a philosphy and personnel error by GB.  They try to go light and fast and got burnt bad up the middle (and looked slow doing it).  They play so much nickel D and they don't have the personnel to really go big in the middle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Same. I was feeling pretty good about GB as a set and forget D ros; reconsidering that now.

10 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Rolling the Bills out this week. 😎

😳

I may be forced to but scared.  Don't want to drop anyone else on my team and don't care for any of the other Ds out there Texans, Indy long term.  

2 minutes ago, the spanker said:

I may be forced to but scared.  Don't want to drop anyone else on my team and don't care for any of the other Ds out there Texans, Indy long term.  

Denver

Houston

Carolina 

or the Bills for me too. Bills sound like an awfully fun pick to laugh at your league mates in the face and look like a pro if it goes right, or get tomatoes thrown at you if it goes terribly wrong.  My biggest fear is that the Bills themselves can’t score points or move the ball on offense and that doesn’t set up well for their defense.

• Like 1

Just now, VikingFrog said:

Denver

Houston

Carolina 

or the Bills for me too. Bills sound like an awfully fun pick to laugh at your league mates in the face and look like a pro if it goes right, or get tomatoes thrown at you if it goes terribly wrong.  My biggest fear is that the Bills themselves can’t score points or move the ball on offense and that doesn’t set up well for their defense.

Actually all those Ds are available.  Denver hasn't posted a single sack so far???  Houston and Carolina could be a shoot-out. 

I like and dislike the Bills for all the reasons you stated.  I think they are overall the better option talent-wise of all those teams, agree?

4 minutes ago, the spanker said:

Actually all those Ds are available.  Denver hasn't posted a single sack so far???  Houston and Carolina could be a shoot-out. 

I like and dislike the Bills for all the reasons you stated.  I think they are overall the better option talent-wise of all those teams, agree?

I would agree. Denver has done NOTHING to earn their High projecting this week and I’m not about to mess with the mustache of Gardner Menshew.  Don’t need any bad juju on my team.

My sneaky pick of the week that I may roll with is KC @ Detroit.  KC put up 5 and 11 points in their first two away games before facing a good team in Baltimore. I’m not convinced Detroit is a good team, and Stafford always has a game where he gets a little wild with the football. If KC gets up big early which they easily could, Stafford might get a little loose with the ball.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Denver

Houston

Carolina 

I dropped the Bills for Green Bay this week. That worked FABULOUSLY 

• Sad 2

What are thoughts on the Jets? Seem like a solid unit points wise and the schedule looks pretty decent. I've been rolling with the Titans but jets seem like they have the better schedule 

• Like 1

What do folks think about the SF D? Have DAL and may hold onto them vs NO based on what is on my WW.

In projecting, here are the matchups going forward

Wk 5 - SF vs CLE

WK 6 - DAL @ Jets

WK 7 - SF @ WASH

WK 8 - SF vs CAR

WK 9 - DAL @ Giants OR SF @ ARZ

WK 10 - DAL vs MIN OR SF vs. SEA

Wk 11 - SF vs ARZ

Week 12 is where the wheels fall off, as DAL @ NEP and SF vs GBP, but that is not a bad stretch if SF D is for real. Thoughts?

The Steelers got swiped before me on waivers.  I’m down to CAR, DAL, or INDY as a streamer over currently held Bills; leaning CAR just for sack potential as those are scored quite favorably in this league

Went BUF over a bunch of decent choices because I want that D right now. I'll take the hit against the NEP and maybe even get lucky. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

What do folks think about the SF D? Have DAL and may hold onto them vs NO based on what is on my WW.

In projecting, here are the matchups going forward

Wk 5 - SF vs CLE

WK 6 - DAL @ Jets

WK 7 - SF @ WASH

WK 8 - SF vs CAR

WK 9 - DAL @ Giants OR SF @ ARZ

WK 10 - DAL vs MIN OR SF vs. SEA

Wk 11 - SF vs ARZ

Week 12 is where the wheels fall off, as DAL @ NEP and SF vs GBP, but that is not a bad stretch if SF D is for real. Thoughts?

i NEVER carry 2 defs

I’m holding SF through the bye this wk in a league where def matters more than some

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Went BUF over a bunch of decent choices because I want that D right now. I'll take the hit against the NEP and maybe even get lucky. 

IMO, I'm against the grain on this game this weekend and I actually think this is a lower scoring game that the Bills keep close.

BUF also has a really great schedule weeks 9-12 so may be worth holding and platooning if you can hold them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

IMO, I'm against the grain on this game this weekend and I actually think this is a lower scoring game that the Bills keep close.

BUF also has a really great schedule weeks 9-12 so may be worth holding and platooning if you can hold them.

That's the plan. I'll absorb a waiver move and drop of a player with the bye. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stubby said:

Darius Leonard is out this week, For those of you considering the Lions.

Colts though, right? So bump Josh Jacobs and Waller a bit. 

10 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Add week 5 and week 7 in there.  They play the Titans on the road and the Dolphins at home.  

Edited by the spanker

27 minutes ago, the spanker said:

Add weeks 5 and week 7 in there.  They play the Titans on the road and the Dolphins at home.  

Totally -- the difference is carrying a D for 8 weeks vs 4.

• Like 1

Steelers or Denver?

The Den/Jax has a O/U of 38 and PIT/CIN is O/U 45. 

I think Minshew is legit, but is this the week DEN finally gets some sacks? PIT doesn't look like a very good defense...but seems like Dalton is a good source of potential INTs.

6 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

Steelers or Denver?

The Den/Jax has a O/U of 38 and PIT/CIN is O/U 45. 

I think Minshew is legit, but is this the week DEN finally gets some sacks? PIT doesn't look like a very good defense...but seems like Dalton is a good source of potential INTs.

That over under of 38 is nice to know.

Im still struggling to feel comfortable starting Denver. They are currently in my starting slot but thinking of looking elsewhere, although that O/U stat certainly helps. Vegas is pretty good.

39 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

That over under of 38 is nice to know.

Im still struggling to feel comfortable starting Denver. They are currently in my starting slot but thinking of looking elsewhere, although that O/U stat certainly helps. Vegas is pretty good.

I settled on Denver this week. Hoping that the rust, or new system, or whatever the issue is will be resolved in a plus matchup at home. Too much talent for them to not start getting pressure and turnovers. I dropped Dallas.

8 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

I settled on Denver this week. Hoping that the rust, or new system, or whatever the issue is will be resolved in a plus matchup at home. Too much talent for them to not start getting pressure and turnovers. I dropped Dallas.

Same boat watching Dallas flail around for weeks and now I’m here.

I’m tempted to roll Bills but that feels “cute”  and could see it blowing up in my face.

I’ve said it upthread but KC seems like an interesting play of the lions get behind early and try to play catch-up. But that might blow up on me as well.

Still sitting with Denver starting but haven’t locked it in by any means.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VikingFrog said:

Same boat watching Dallas flail around for weeks and now I’m here.

I’m tempted to roll Bills but that feels “cute”  and could see it blowing up in my face.

I’ve said it upthread but KC seems like an interesting play of the lions get behind early and try to play catch-up. But that might blow up on me as well.

Still sitting with Denver starting but haven’t locked it in by any means.

BUF and KC are both rostered in my league. You're right, I wouldn't feel too great starting either of them today. My choices were basically between DAL, DEN, IND, or ATL. 

8 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Uh, lions?  Huh?

Sorry. My mistake. Colts. That was a post midnight alcohol influenced post 😊

• Like 1

Debating between jags, dallas, or Houston.

Would go jags, but i doubt Ramsay plays.

Edited by rascal

On 9/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, VikingFrog said:

I’m not about to mess with the mustache of Gardner Menshew.

I love this place.

NYG may be a good play today. Redskins are missing 4 of their 5 starting offensive linemen, and are missing McLaurin.

13 minutes ago, fatness said:

NYG may be a good play today. Redskins are missing 4 of their 5 starting offensive linemen, and are missing McLaurin.

hmm, I had been pondering NYG to replace DAL vs. NO this week.  But I have such a hard time trusting them.

26 minutes ago, fatness said:

Turrible on turrible is no way to go through life. I wouldn’t trust the G-men if they were providing mall security. They gave Janoris Jenkins a rape kit after he spent the getting toasted by Mike Evans.

Their halftime scores this year: 21-7, 21-7 and 28-10.

• Thinking 1

McLaurin out as well. Have a feeling lots of people plugging in Big Blue thinking it’s a smart play.

#justsayno

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fatness said:

3 points allowed, 4 INT, 3 sacks, 191 total yards allowed (by my count)

3rd time this year my defense scored 0. Cleveland week 1, Tennessee last week, Baltimore this week

• Sad 1

Colts suck.  I havent had a good def performance this year