What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (2 Viewers)

Your new avatar is pretty terrible. Bring the other one back.
Like I've said, Robby has lots to say about a lot of things. 

eta* Old one will be back. Just need to get this out of my system tonight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was the Bengals but are the Steelers D approaching every week start?
I didn’t watch the game but streamed them and saw that they tore it up.

Did they look good or was it more the Bengals being bad? Minkah was a big add, and I figured it would instantly upgrade them. 

Also the later part of their schedule is quite juicy. 

A ton of options on my wire to use this week.

How would you guys rank these options?

Phili vs NYj

Tn vs buf

Sf vs clv

No vs tb

A ton of options on my wire to use this week.

How would you guys rank these options?

Phili vs NYj

Tn vs buf

Sf vs clv

No vs tb
Agreed

Tons of great options

I like TEN first as they not only have a great matchup but have a great defense (except the one week I used them vs JAX)

I like Philly second only because they will be facing Luke Falk

I like SF 3rd. Decent matchup but I also think they can be a season long defense.

NO

Pit also looks like a possible season long defense. Tough matchup vs BAL but CLE did well against them.

Also, speaking of CLE, they've been a good defense since after week 1 and SF turned the ball over 5 times before the bye.

Carolina faces JAX who haven't been a great matchup but CAR has been sacking the hell out of everyone lately.

Their next two matchups are against backup quarterbacks... but my confidence is waning. Ramsey is an issue.

Not sure whether to hold and drop someone for TEN this week, or, just cut the cord on JAX altogether.
That's a good point. I am debating whether to drop another player and just keep both NO and Jax but I am not in the habit of keeping two DSTs on a roster. 

Agreed

Tons of great options

I like TEN first as they not only have a great matchup but have a great defense (except the one week I used them vs JAX)

I like Philly second only because they will be facing Luke Falk

I like SF 3rd. Decent matchup but I also think they can be a season long defense.

NO

Pit also looks like a possible season long defense. Tough matchup vs BAL but CLE did well against them.

Also, speaking of CLE, they've been a good defense since after week 1 and SF turned the ball over 5 times before the bye.

Carolina faces JAX who haven't been a great matchup but CAR has been sacking the hell out of everyone lately.
i thought there was talk of Darnold being back this week?  also not sure I would trust the Eagles at this point with their billions of injuries.

Picked up SF, but considering Carolina now.
Same boat. 

I played Denver against the almighty Menshew last week and it didn’t turn out so well.

I think I may hold San Fran. Monday night versus the browns seems like an okay matchup. The browns have been sort of hot and cold offensively which worries me.

Im sure I’ll need one point Monday night and be sweating it out.

San Francisco is a GOOD defense though so we can’t argue with that.

Holding both BUF and CAR currently, with TEN sitting there on the wire.  Really considering picking up TEN and dropping BUF with full intent of picking them back up during bye week because their schedule after is quite favorable 

I'm trying to grab the Saints where available and ride them to their bye.
Dumped Baltimore and  grabbed NO. I believe Winston turns back into a turnover pumpkin this week and I just might ride that schedule to the bye as u mention.

@ Jax

@ Chicago 

Arizona

Anyone like the Chargers this week vs Flacco? Then have Pitt, @ Titans, @ Bears, next three weeks. 

Only other option is NO; but don’t want to mess with the Buccaneers offense. 

Is anyone planning on keeping the Patriots the whole season?  I hate to cut such a well producing defense.  But their second half schedule is difficult.  Though Week 15 at Bengals is a very nice playoff matchup.  And Week 16 vs the Bills is nice, too.  Here is the Patriots' end of year schedule:

8 vs Browns

9 at Ravens

10 Bye          

11 at Eagles

12 vs Cowboys

13 at Texans

14 vs Chiefs

15 at Bengals

16 vs Bills

Is anyone planning on keeping the Patriots the whole season?  I hate to cut such a well producing defense.  But their second half schedule is difficult.  Though Week 15 at Bengals is a very nice playoff matchup.  And Week 16 vs the Bills is nice, too.  Here is the Patriots' end of year schedule:

8 vs Browns

9 at Ravens

10 Bye          

11 at Eagles

12 vs Cowboys

13 at Texans

14 vs Chiefs

15 at Bengals

16 vs Bills
Set it and forget it besides when they play the chiefs. They have shown they are for real until they prove otherwise. 

Is it worth stashing the Jets defense?  They have:

Week 9 - Dolphins

Week 10  - Giants

Week 11 -  Redskins

Week 12 - Raiders

Week 13 - Bengals

Week 14 - Dolphins

I'm hoping to go Jacksonville

7 vs Cinncy

8 vs Jets

then pivot to the Jets D for the above juicy schedule
I grabbed San Fran this week and rarely carry two defenses but Jets are sitting there and man do their defenses mesh well week to week.

San Fran 12-14 has Green Bay, Baltimore, NO.

I grabbed San Fran this week and rarely carry two defenses but Jets are sitting there and man do their defenses mesh well week to week.

San Fran 12-14 has Green Bay, Baltimore, NO.
I have SF and may add NYJ.

Im sticking with the Steelers this week. Love the numbers they've been putting up and their schedule after the bye is juicy and playoff schedule is amazing. 

8 vs Browns

9 at Ravens

10 Bye          

11 at Eagles

12 vs Cowboys

13 at Texans

14 vs Chiefs

15 at Bengals

16 vs Bills
i drafted the Pats specifically for the 1st half and then figured that I would decide later what to do.  I have been strongly considering the Jets and if I can maintain my position in the standings, will probably hope they are still there in a couple weeks (or someone else that looks good) and hold 2 defenses.

I think that they are really locked in and I don't know that the Browns or Ravens concern me that much against the Pats.  I think that Belichick can figure out how to confuse the young QBs.  So it's really about that stretch from 10-14.  I still probably wouldn't be opposed to just rolling with them throughout, as the secondary seems pretty nasty and they look fantastic overall, aside from the competition.

So I NEVER carry 2 defenses and almost always play matchups...but I noticed how well the schedule lines up for the NYJ/NYG   line up for the rest of the year and decided to  waste a roster spot for the combo.   Here is the combined schedule:

week 5  NYG vs Minn... #17 vs defenses

week6 NYG vs New England #18 vs d's

week7 NYG vs Az  #26 

week 8  NYG vs Det #21

and here is where the real fun begins!!!

week 9  NYJ vs Miami #32

week 10  NYG vs NYJ #31

week 11  NYJ vs washington # 29

week 12  NYG vs Chicago #22

week 13  NYJ vs Cinn #27

weeks 14-16 are our playoff weeks.

week 14  NYJ vs Miami #32

week 15  NYG vs Miami #32

week 16 NYG vs Wash #29..

week 17 we do a pro bowl so for that week I have

NYJ vs Buffalo #28

Is it worth stashing the Jets defense?  They have:

Week 9 - Dolphins

Week 10  - Giants

Week 11 -  Redskins

Week 12 - Raiders

Week 13 - Bengals

Week 14 - Dolphins
I have been asking this -- in here, in the Jets team thread, everywhere - as well.

Match ups look juicy, problem is whether the offense - even with Darnold back -- can keep the D off the field and relatively fresh.

Another issue I see is that there seems to be way more attention on them as a possible league-winner starting up this week in the FF zeitgeist, and I think if you want to secure them for that schedule, you may need to act earlier and be able to hold them until that schedule starts up.

I have been asking this -- in here, in the Jets team thread, everywhere - as well.

Match ups look juicy, problem is whether the offense - even with Darnold back -- can keep the D off the field and relatively fresh.

Another issue I see is that there seems to be way more attention on them as a possible league-winner starting up this week in the FF zeitgeist, and I think if you want to secure them for that schedule, you may need to act earlier and be able to hold them until that schedule starts up.
They've scored well so far without Darnold as the QB.  Plus, they have played NE and Cleveland for two of those games so it's not as if they have played weak offenses.  I picked them up to hold once they get into the easier schedule.  I am optimistic as Darnold returns.  Plus I love the week 14 matchup vs Miami during my first week of the playoffs. 

skillz said:
They've scored well so far without Darnold as the QB.  Plus, they have played NE and Cleveland for two of those games so it's not as if they have played weak offenses.  I picked them up to hold once they get into the easier schedule.  I am optimistic as Darnold returns.  Plus I love the week 14 matchup vs Miami during my first week of the playoffs. 
NYG for weeks 15 and 16....Miami and washington.  

Users who are viewing this thread