What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
trader jake said:
Not sure Doncic was polarizing.  The consensus among prospect nerds was Doncic at 1, then JJJ at 2.  Nobody seemed to question Ayton or Bagley's talent...just how they would be as NBA defenders.  Sometimes the Suns and the Kings show everyone why they continue to struggle, and the past draft was no different.
Ayton was 1 or 2 on almost everyones’ boards. 

Last edited by a moderator:
WOJ BOMB!!!

I am surprised Labissiere has had zero NBA impact to date.
He added a ton of muscle last summer and finally looked like he could handle the center position. But he didn’t any playing time at all this year so it was impossible for us to evaluate his development. Almost surely a nothing trade but there’s some upside for the Blazers. 

The pick is Top 20 protected.  
JMO Fultz isn't worth a 1st round pick at all given his mental/physical issues and salary. I thought Philly did well to get much of anything for him.

He's got a better shot in Orlando with potential to get the ball in his hands than a last bench riding option in Philly. It wasn't going to work there.

So what backup PGs might shake loose in buyout market?
Not sure who yet but I'm surprised Derrick Rose didn't come up in more trade talks. The guy has been very very good this year and would have been a great help to any contenders as a rental off the bench.

I'd guess the Wolves desperately tried to deal Teague and wanted to keep Rose, but found no takers.

The pick is Top 20 protected.  
Brand is proving to be a perfect GM match for Brown. Forest, meet tree

He added a ton of muscle last summer and finally looked like he could handle the center position. But he didn’t any playing time at all this year so it was impossible for us to evaluate his development. Almost surely a nothing trade but there’s some upside for the Blazers. 
10-cent head but a Whitehead-with-a-trey to anyone who figures him out. He's the one i wanted Traitor Danny to make a sneaky play for, even with Timelord in the barn

So what backup PGs might shake loose in buyout market?
Here's reportedly one if he doesnt decide to head back to Europe..

According to Chris Hayes of Yahoo Sports, the Clippers plan to waive Milos Teodosic.

Milos is a gifted passer and a talented offensive player, but his defensive shortcomings resulted in him being unable to crack the Clippers rotation. He appeared in just 15 games this season, averaging 10.0 minutes per contest. It's possible another NBA team picks him up after the deadline, but Milos may choose to return to Europe.

Source: Chris Hayes on Twitter

@ShamsCharania 

New Orleans confirms it has kept Anthony Davis past the trade deadline, pushing talks into the offseason.
...and got the Lakers to bite on the "Charlie Brown trying to kick the football" routine.  Seems doubtful LA will have the best offer for AD this summer.  Doesn't mean he still won't end up there, but that same offer will still be there.  NOLA just needs to hope whoever wins the lottery is more interested in Davis than Zion.  Otherwise they cash out to Boston.

He’s not worth Ross. 
Probably right. When Fultz played with confidence, you could see the potential. But most of the time out there he has looked timid. I found myself stressing watching him just hoping he would cut, move, or drive but he mostly was passive  

There is video of him shooting pre-draft where he is hitting every shot. But the way he swings his arms after each one seemed a little weird to me — curious that no scout cared. 

Probably right. When Fultz played with confidence, you could see the potential. But most of the time out there he has looked timid. I found myself stressing watching him just hoping he would cut, move, or drive but he mostly was passive  

There is video of him shooting pre-draft where he is hitting every shot. But the way he swings his arms after each one seemed a little weird to me — curious that no scout cared. 
I’ll just never get over that his college team went like 9-25 with 2 wins in a bad conference. That was such a giant waving red flag that everybody ignored. 

I’ll just never get over that his college team went like 9-25 with 2 wins in a bad conference. That was such a giant waving red flag that everybody ignored. 
Yea I don't get it. I don't scout college but for all those professional scouts that do, Fultz was consensus #1. Who knows what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread