Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018-19 NBA Thread: Bulls players declare a mutiny on good basketball

Sounds like the Lakers will soon acquire and older, more brittle version of JaVale McGee. Zubac's days as a Laker are  numbered.

• Like 1

the bucks just beak the kings so bad that the kings might eliminate their basketball program and just focus on academics take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Sounds like the Lakers will soon acquire and older, more brittle version of JaVale McGee. Zubac's days as a Laker are  numbered.

Interesting that this takes place on the same day Zu had his best performance of the season (quite the low bar to hurdle), but I think Chandler is an upgrade over Zubac.  Certainly should be better protecting the rim and rebounding for the second unit than Zubac or any small-ball 5 Luke has been throwing out there.

23 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

92 free throws in 76ers-Pistons 

so just a couple more than the number of threes attempted?

11 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

I’m not sure that chandler is really a good comparison for McGee.  Chandler is a smarter and much better defensive player.

i really liked chanandaler back in the day but brohans does that guy have anything left now or what take that to the riddle bank brochachos

so Toronto was up 42-17 over the Lakers after 1 quarter. Might need a little more than Tyson Chandler

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, modogg said:

so Toronto was up 42-17 over the Lakers after 1 quarter. Might need a little more than Tyson Chandler

yeah, but they were without their best player.

?

44 minutes ago, modogg said:

I was at this game last night. The Lakers were about as discombobulated as a team could be. Somehow they couldn't figure out how to defend a pick and roll - Toronto would run it and both guys would be open.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

I was at this game last night. The Lakers were about as discombobulated as a team could be. Somehow they couldn't figure out how to defend a pick and roll - Toronto would run it and both guys would be open.

that doesn't sound good. Not sure how Walton can turn half of these things around. i was surprised with the win in Portland the night before, but it sounds like that was one of those Lebron games where he just said "give me the ball" and he won it himself. 

you guys are in for at least a fun season

20 minutes ago, modogg said:

that doesn't sound good. Not sure how Walton can turn half of these things around. i was surprised with the win in Portland the night before, but it sounds like that was one of those Lebron games where he just said "give me the ball" and he won it himself. 

you guys are in for at least a fun season

I'm not too worried about last night. They obviously checked out mentally and were doing all kinds of stupid stuff. I think partially because they got the win the night before and also because Leonard was a no show. If that continues through the year it'll be an issue, they need to learn people are coming after them every single game now, there are no nights off.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:30 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

Really like McKinnie.

Just read his article about his background before the Warriors.  Stories like his where he kept grinding no matter or what basketball opportunity presented itself are my favorite.  You can see it in his play too - completely  different type of hustle from guys like that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Just read his article about his background before the Warriors.  Stories like his where he kept grinding no matter or what basketball opportunity presented itself are my favorite.  You can see it in his play too - completely  different type of hustle from guys like that 

Could he motivate Dray to work on his outside stroke, because holy hell JFC.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Could he motivate Dray to work on his outside stroke, because holy hell JFC.

34.2% before Durant.  30.3% with Durant.  If I am surrounded by that current team, I probably dga? about making/missing 3s either

? Why does :pile of poo : change to a smiley face? :tinfoilhat:  not quite the same effect 

Edited by tjnc09

Magic 100% on game winners in month of November. Could be a trend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GOB said:

Magic 100% on game winners in month of November. Could be a trend.

they will probably go undefeated the rest of the way take that to the bank bromigo

Went to Warriors-Grizzlies game last night, got to sit in a luxury suite.  Grizzlies appeared to be the better team in the first half.  Look at the score, and it's tied at half.  Then Dubs went out in the third and put the game out of reach.  They're so good.  And this McKinnie guy, who they got off the street, is tearing it up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know this is the NBA thread but holy #### did Duke look good tonight.  Like a video game.  They'd give Cleveland a run for their money right now.

16 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I know this is the NBA thread but holy #### did Duke look good tonight.  Like a video game.  They'd give Cleveland a run for their money right now.

Zion is a freaking beast. He's the new age Barkley/Larry Johnson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

Unfortunately for him he may be a Cav next year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

Brooklyn needs to tank like hell.

2 minutes ago, caustic said:

Brooklyn needs to tank like hell.

Don't think they're bad enough to be in the top 3 pick discussion.

Just now, Deamon said:

Don't think they're bad enough to be in the top 3 pick discussion.

They're not, and it's so disheartening. This should've been a stars-aligning year for them - finally getting their pick back, some world-beating NBA prospects tearing up college basketball...And this is the season they jump from horrible to mediocre. :angry: 

22 hours ago, Kev4029 said:

Plenty of room left on the Nuggets bandwagon if you guys want on. Choo choo!

I'm here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched the Greek Freak last night.  Not great seats, but 100 level behind the basket.  He is such an amazing specimen to behold, especially when he was on offense near us.  

Strangest looking sight of the night was watching Donte DiVincenzo on the floor.  That is one goofy looking dude.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Strangest looking sight of the night was watching Donte DiVincenzo on the floor.  

CJM thought so, too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

That combination of body size and athleticism makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Like 1

Oladipo really is something. crazy how that change of scenery has helped him so much, and crazy it wasn't just a one year anomaly

• Like 1

it's funny how quiet this thread is when Celtics play closer to who they really are :stirspot:

Edited by modogg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did TJ McConnell take Brett Brown's mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her? I get the need to give Fultz and Shamet minutes but TJ doesn't play at all anymore.  :shrug:

11 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Strangest looking sight of the night was watching Donte DiVincenzo on the floor.  That is one goofy looking dude.  

If that guy had been born thirty years earlier there is no doubt he would have played at NC State for Jim Valvano, right alongside Tom Gugliotta/Chris Corchiani/Vinny Del Negro.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, metoo said:

Rose is going to steal money from some team in the off-season.

He picked a great time to remember he was a 30% career 3-point shooter there, thankfully.  Dude was unconscious from behind the arc tonight.

Edited by The Kansas Comet

FYI - I've bet on the Nuggets twice this year (lunch with work colleagues).  Guess which two games. :rant:

14 hours ago, modogg said:

Oladipo really is something. crazy how that change of scenery has helped him so much, and crazy it wasn't just a one year anomaly

:goodposting:he was blowing by Covington last night like he wasn't even there and Cov is a 1st team all defensive guy :o 

15 hours ago, The Kansas Comet said:

He picked a great time to remember he was a 30% career 3-point shooter there, thankfully.  Dude was unconscious from behind the arc tonight.

He had some help - the Laker "defense" is horrific right now.

ho hum bucks are 9 and 2 and just beat the hell out of the warriors like that time when we ended their streak ho hum take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SWC said:

ho hum bucks are 9 and 2 and just beat the hell out of the warriors like that time when we ended their streak ho hum take that to the bank brohans 

They looked fantastic and had a great plan on D.

• Like 1

booty holzer is letting them go wild on o if they play solid d and donte zestycenzo and lopez and illsova have been great additions so far take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1