Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018-19 NBA Thread: Bulls players declare a mutiny on good basketball

13 minutes ago, modogg said:

how is that even possible?
how have the Sixers not had him with a sports psychologist full time for the last year plus?

5 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

how have the Sixers not had him with a sports psychologist full time for the last year plus?

if i had to guess, it is going to take some time to shake all that weirdness out of his system. My guess is we will know by February or March if Fultz can get it out or if Fultz really has ruined his career

ETA: and hoy ve, seems that him and Hanlen are no longer working together, or even on speaking terms: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805755-report-markelle-fultz-shooting-coach-drew-hanlen-part-ways-amid-struggles

If i had to guess the Sixers will have this Fultz situation organized by February. I don't think Butler comes in and tears the kid a new one, but we will have a better idea where he stands in a few months. If he has minimal trade value, i see him as back-up PG and that is pretty much that. At least get the attention and pressure off of the kid. no idea what they will do, but i am hoping they handle it better than they did with Okafor 

Edited by modogg

Dude is an incredibly hard worker, fought through three foot surgeries in college, and was just beginning to show the league what he could do. Absolutely devastating. 

The Nets are like zombies right now. Not sure how you go back onto the court and play another half of basketball after that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

it's all ####### bryan colangelo's fault.  all.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, caustic said:

Dude is an incredibly hard worker, fought through three foot surgeries in college, and was just beginning to show the league what he could do. Absolutely devastating. 

The Nets are like zombies right now. Not sure how you go back onto the court and play another half of basketball after that.

on a scale from Paul Pierece getting hauled off in a wheelchair to come back a few minutes later all the way to Kevin Ware's leg exploding, how bad we talking here?

• Like 2

Just now, mr. furley said:

on a scale from Paul Pierece getting hauled off in a wheelchair to come back a few minutes later all the way to Kevin Ware's leg exploding, how bad we talking here?

Seems kinda similar to Paul George's ugly broken leg a few years ago. Hopefully Caris can make a 100% recovery like he did.

1 hour ago, modogg said:

seems that him and Hanlen are no longer working together, or even on speaking

If i had to guess the Sixers will have this Fultz situation organized by February.

The Sixers need to move Fultz.  The addition of Butler makes Philly a win now team for the next 3 seasons and they can't be hand-holding a kid in need of...whatever Fultz needs.

Hanlen has a great reputation and that report is a really poor sign for Fultz.  I've generally given him the benefit of the doubt - until now.  It's one thing to be eating cheese fries in Vegas during Summer league rather than getting in some run, but the recent footage of him shooting combined with that Hanlen report are huge, huge red flags.

Time to sell Fultz to some lottery bound team for shooting before the market drop league wide occurs.  Somebody is always buying hope and talent out there.  It's time for Elton Brand to find them and maximize the Fultz sunk cost.

Edited by trader jake
  • Like 2

You guys talking about Fultz needing to be traded crack me up.  Ain’t no GM with a brain on their head trading for that guy.  I don’t believe you mind #### yourself to the level he has and then figure it out.  His head is in his head’s head, confidence gone, and it isn’t coming back.  Dude shouldn’t be in the League right now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

You guys talking about Fultz needing to be traded crack me up.  Ain’t no GM with a brain on their head trading for that guy.  I don’t believe you mind #### yourself to the level he has and then figure it out.  His head is in his head’s head, confidence gone, and it isn’t coming back.  Dude shouldn’t be in the League right now.

He Nick Anderson'd himself.

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

Better NBA career:

Fultz

Anthony Bennett

Derrick Williams 

Hasheen Thabeet

Omer Asik

He had one good year in college!

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

Better NBA career:

Fultz

Anthony Bennett

Derrick Williams 

Hasheen Thabeet

Omer Asik

Asik had a couple years where he was pretty good. 

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Better NBA career:

Fultz

Anthony Bennett

Derrick Williams 

Hasheen Thabeet

Omer Asik

Don't forget Darko: the guy drafted ahead of Carmelo Anthony/Chris Bosh/Dwyane Wade. 

8 hours ago, modogg said:

if i had to guess, it is going to take some time to shake all that weirdness out of his system. My guess is we will know by February or March if Fultz can get it out or if Fultz really has ruined his career

ETA: and hoy ve, seems that him and Hanlen are no longer working together, or even on speaking terms: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805755-report-markelle-fultz-shooting-coach-drew-hanlen-part-ways-amid-struggles

If i had to guess the Sixers will have this Fultz situation organized by February. I don't think Butler comes in and tears the kid a new one, but we will have a better idea where he stands in a few months. If he has minimal trade value, i see him as back-up PG and that is pretty much that. At least get the attention and pressure off of the kid. no idea what they will do, but i am hoping they handle it better than they did with Okafor 

If he wasn’t being timid or just standing around half of the time it would be more palatable. When he gets aggressive into the lane (and doesn’t turn it over) he is effective. But he needs to take those jumpers too and just let them go. That free throw double clutch hitch is just crazy. He wouldn’t even be the #1 pick at the ymca right now with that.

He also just looks soft. Ugh. What a dumb trade. 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

a few years back i went through something that the doctor diagnosed as "small tears in your back muscles".

it was excruciating. couldn't lift my left arm above my shoulder and just getting in there meant searing, sharp pain. sleep was impossible. just being awake hurt like a mother####er for about a solid 8 weeks.

the doctor called it "minor damage".  so, if what this redditor is suggesting is true, it sounds much worse than anything i was dealing with and Fultz being on the court, running, jumping and shooting either means he's wacked out on so many pain killers that he's not aware he's engaged in physical activity, can't feel a thing and the ball looks like a wicker chair to him or i'm a big giant baby.

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Nah. I don’t at all buy that. He’s simply lost all confidence IMO, and all he’s doing is thinking about every shot.  Went through a similar phase, nothing that grotesque, but that’s exactly what happens.  Hitches and double clutching within a shot because you’re thinking about every movement/mechanics vs just letting it go like he’s done for two decades.  

Its fascinating in that he was pretty unanimously the top prospect of that class.  I’ve never ever seen anything quite like this at that level before.  My guess is he’s out of the league within three years.

13 hours ago, modogg said:

:lmao:

Love all of the Barkley golf swing gifs in the comments.

13 hours ago, mr. furley said:

He has been. I've never seen a kid #### the bed so bad after being touted the consensus #1 pick the year he came out. NBA execs need to do more homework into a guys mental makeup before investing so high. For a kid this small to go #1, he better be freaking Iverson. He has no business being in the league right now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Insein said:

He has been. I've never seen a kid #### the bed so bad after being touted the consensus #1 pick the year he came out. NBA execs need to do more homework into a guys mental makeup before investing so high. For a kid this small to go #1, he better be freaking Iverson. He has no business being in the league right now. 

Seems like the warning signs were there when his team went something like 6-36 in a god awful season for the PAC-10. I don’t want to be all Bill Simmonsy here but I think you want your top pick to win more than 6 games in a train wreck of a conference. 

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, Frostillicus said:

This is a good Jimmy Butler video for you @modogg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qp27vbJRlw&feature=youtu.be

Clutch.

Seems like just a couple of years ago it would have been someone making a shot in the last 10 seconds to pull the game to within 30 points.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Small?  I think he is 6’5

• Like 1

Wow - Great news for Caris LeVert - 

UPDATE: Caris LeVert was diagnosed with a subtalar dislocation of the right foot. Surgery will not be required and he will begin rehabilitation with the Nets performance staff.

--

Team orthopedist Dr. Martin O'Malley: “Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage. While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required."

O'Malley: "Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.”

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Wow - Great news for Caris LeVert - 

UPDATE: Caris LeVert was diagnosed with a subtalar dislocation of the right foot. Surgery will not be required and he will begin rehabilitation with the Nets performance staff.

--

Team orthopedist Dr. Martin O'Malley: “Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage. While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required."

O'Malley: "Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.”

:shock: That's incredible news.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Seems like the warning signs were there when his team went something like 6-36 in a god awful season for the PAC-10. I don’t want to be all Bill Simmonsy here but I think you want your top pick to win more than 6 games in a train wreck of a conference. 

Train wreck, huh?  Didn't the Ducks go to the Final Four that year?  

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Bruins were good that season too.

2 hours ago, Capella said:

This is exactly the thoughts I had about him.  The best defensive team he played was Gonzaga and he didn't do anything in the first half.  His box score looks okay because he scored a bunch of garbage time points already down 20+.

When you think of the perceived value other teams place on a first pick, you better be damn sure your pick is some once in a generation freak athlete.  If you are truly worth a number one pick in the NBA, you should be good enough to beat most college teams by yourself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

7 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

And Arizona was a 2 seed that many thought could win the whole thing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, caustic said:

Jeez.  Is he haunted or something?  What the heck is going on here.

Maybe the nerve damage thing is right.  Between this video and the free throw, he seems like he's having weird spasms all game.

7 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Their defense was ranked 85th in the nation by Kenpom that year.  Playing them was basically pick up basketball

12 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Their defense was ranked 85th in the nation by Kenpom that year.  Playing them was basically pick up basketball

I shake my fist at you and your math.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Small?  I think he is 6’5

Looks like a midget compared to all the rest out there.

The two-time defending champions had a huge flare-up between two of their perennial all-stars last night and nobody seems to care here or anywhere else on the internet.  That is ... something.  I think the collective shrug maybe speaks to how overwhelming of a favorite the Warriors are this season.  All of them could openly despise each other and at most people might change their predictions to "Warriors in 5."

Or maybe it's just that the guys involved always seem to have some drama going on? If Steph was involved I think it would be a little different. If Klay was involved it would be stunning.

5 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

The two-time defending champions had a huge flare-up between two of their perennial all-stars last night and nobody seems to care here or anywhere else on the internet.  That is ... something.  I think the collective shrug maybe speaks to how overwhelming of a favorite the Warriors are this season.  All of them could openly despise each other and at most people might change their predictions to "Warriors in 5."

Or maybe it's just that the guys involved always seem to have some drama going on? If Steph was involved I think it would be a little different. If Klay was involved it would be stunning.

What happened?

12 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

It's nothing - the NBA doesn't need to be a Real Housewives for men.

Green should have passed the ball to the better scorer.

• Like 1