Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018-19 NBA Thread: Bulls players declare a mutiny on good basketball

Per Woj:

The Philadelphia 76ers have been granted permission to interview three front office executives – Golden State’s Larry Harris, Houston’s Gersson Rosas and Utah’s Justin Zanik – for the franchise’s vacant general manager’s job.

On 8/31/2018 at 0:56 AM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Hope Melton pans out or a very weird deal.

Bad organizations tend to make bad decisions.  Phoenix has to prove they're competent at this point.  On the other side, I wonder what Morey spins this into?  This seems like a deal to set up another transaction down the line.

18 hours ago, Donkey Derp said:

White people shooting 3 pointers :lol:

Joel Embiid is one of the few players posting anything worth reading on Twitter.  The guy is genuinely funny.

17 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Both him and Dragan Bender probably belong in the G league. Draft status and Suns having nothing to play for the sole reason they haven't.They're really the same player. 2 young guys with no single skill that stands out with low basketball IQs. <snip> Dragon Bender played in his third summer league this summer. The guy looks just as lost as ever. He's either out the door next or G league bound IMO. He's the 8th or 9th guy in line at F/C

Not disagreeing with your overall assessments at this point, but I do want to see Bender in Kokoskov's offensive system.  He is still really young and has yet to play in an offense that did anything to maximize his talents.  Maybe nothing changes (and he looks like Henry Ellenson in Summer League) but I'm giving Bender another year.  His stroke looks nice, he has decent vision from the elbows, and he seems to put forth some effort. 

10 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Per Woj:

The Philadelphia 76ers have been granted permission to interview three front office executives – Golden State’s Larry Harris, Houston’s Gersson Rosas and Utah’s Justin Zanik – for the franchise’s vacant general manager’s job.

Justin Zanik would be a nice hire.  He was the GM in waiting in Milwaukee before one of the owners changed their mind after Hammonds left for Orlando. The coverage of Zanik was really positive before he elected to leave for Utah.  They didn't hesitate to bring him aboard once he became available.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trader jake said:

Bad organizations tend to make bad decisions.  Phoenix has to prove they're competent at this point.  On the other side, I wonder what Morey spins this into?  This seems like a deal to set up another transaction down the line.

Joel Embiid is one of the few players posting anything worth reading on Twitter.  The guy is genuinely funny.

Not disagreeing with your overall assessments at this point, but I do want to see Bender in Kokoskov's offensive system.  He is still really young and has yet to play in an offense that did anything to maximize his talents.  Maybe nothing changes (and he looks like Henry Ellenson in Summer League) but I'm giving Bender another year.  His stroke looks nice, he has decent vision from the elbows, and he seems to put forth some effort. 

Justin Zanik would be a nice hire.  He was the GM in waiting in Milwaukee before one of the owners changed their mind after Hammonds left for Orlando. The coverage of Zanik was really positive before he elected to leave for Utah.  They didn't hesitate to bring him aboard once he became available.

For sure Zanik could be a good choice.  Kind of weird how the Milwaukee thing went down, since he was considered a real up and comer as far as I could tell.  All 3 of those guys are great candidates.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, modogg said:

how the hell is this thread at 121 pages and the season hasn't even started yet? :loco:

I don't know where the link went where you can see how many posts each person has in a thread, but you probably have like 1/3 of them...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I don't know where the link went where you can see how many posts each person has in a thread, but you probably have like 1/3 of them...

And half of those posts are how dumb LeBron is for not signing with the 76ers. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 9:30 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

Per Woj:

Did the league sign off on this?

• Like 2

Just now, Short Corner said:

They don't have to

It was a joke, like how they picked the last GM for the 76ers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, modogg said:

Rob Perez✔@World_Wide_Wob

The Lakers have a roster spot open and Swaggy P is still a free agent @God

:yes:

And they won't have to outbid Philly.  They don't want shooters.

13 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

Luol Deng, we hardly knew ye.

I heard he's doing a cop show with Danny Ferry called Tricky & the Man on TNT. Critics say they work well together, but it's mostly Deng

3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Luol Deng, we hardly knew ye.

Opens up the full max next offseason.  Have to think they fill the open spot with a big?  Would have liked Thomas Robinson as a small-ball 5, but he's signed elsewhere.

Tom Thibodeau is beyond parody:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Sources: Free agent Luol Deng will meet with the Minnesota Timberwolves within the next week as sides discuss potential deal.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Tom Thibodeau is beyond parody:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Sources: Free agent Luol Deng will meet with the Minnesota Timberwolves within the next week as sides discuss potential deal.

Tibs needs to finish the job of turning Deng into a complete invalid.

I did not not see this coming.

PS. Tibs is the reason I hope the Lakers either steer completely clear of Butler next year or at least only offer him a 1 or 2 year deal.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1

Just now, Gr00vus said:

Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich are probably sitting by their phones waiting for Thibs to call.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich are probably sitting by their phones waiting for Thibs to call.

:lol:

On 9/4/2018 at 5:29 PM, rodg12 said:

Opens up the full max next offseason.  Have to think they fill the open spot with a big?  Would have liked Thomas Robinson as a small-ball 5, but he's signed elsewhere.

Are you serious that Thomas  Robinson was signed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Are you serious that Thomas  Robinson was signed?

Pretty crazy, right? Hawks signed him to a non-guaranteed deal.

18 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yes who could forget his legendary 13 games played averaging 3 ppg.

That is why I used a small l

On 9/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, Gr00vus said:

PS. Tibs is the reason I hope the Lakers either steer completely clear of Butler next year or at least only offer him a 1 or 2 year deal.

Completely agree with this.  If a team signs Butler to a max deal next off-season, I think they'll regret it early into the contract.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Kansas Comet said:

Thibs is almost done getting the band back together:  Deng signs with T-Wolves

:lmao::lmao::lmao:  Go home Thibs, you're drunk!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:  Go home Thibs, you're drunk!!!

Chain him up!!! 

2 minutes ago, xulf said:

Chain him up!!! 

Nah, put him out of his misery!

having not followed the Luol Deng saga.... why exactly did he get sent in to basketball exile for the last few years?

wasn't he competent before being banished to the netherworld? did he piss someone off?

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:

having not followed the Luol Deng saga.... why exactly did he get sent in to basketball exile for the last few years?

wasn't he competent before being banished to the netherworld? did he piss someone off?

He'd probably be an OK near-the-end-of-the-bench guy at this point, he just isn't being paid like one.

43 minutes ago, Shark Week said:

He'd probably be an OK near-the-end-of-the-bench guy at this point, he just isn't being paid like one.

tough to recover the skills after having not played any basketball for, what, 3 years?

46 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

It isn't Deng it is Thibs. He loses his job with the Bulls and resurfaces with the T-WOLVES. Trades for Butler, signs Rose, Gibson and Deng. Just waiting on Hinrick, Noah, and Dunleavy. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

It isn't Deng it is Thibs. He loses his job with the Bulls and resurfaces with the T-WOLVES. Trades for Butler, signs Rose, Gibson and Deng. Just waiting on Hinrick, Noah, and Dunleavy. 

Thibs banished Deng to the 15th man on rosters the last 3-4 years?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Thibs banished Deng to the 15th man on rosters the last 3-4 years?

I think Luol was pretty much washed up when the Lakers/Jimmy Buss signed him to an idiotic deal. He showed zero in the few minutes he got his first year with the Lakers, and when Jimmy got replaced with Magic and Pelinka that mid-season he got perma-benched as we wasn't any part of their plan.

• Like 1

He's no Deng, but Devin Booker is out ~6 weeks after surgery on his shooting hand. The Suns were already disastrously thin at PG (and he arguably isn't one), but now they'll be starting ?.

Ainge is going to get a haul when they come calling for Rozier.

3 hours ago, bananafish said:

He's no Deng, but Devin Booker is out ~6 weeks after surgery on his shooting hand. The Suns were already disastrously thin at PG (and he arguably isn't one), but now they'll be starting ?.

Ainge is going to get a haul when they come calling for Rozier.

I wonder if they would play Jackson as a de facto PG, similar to LA and Brandon Ingram last year. They have all these 3s and 4s that need playing time, so that would alleviate some of that log jam and having Jackson handle the ball would also minimize his shooting issues a bit.

Edited by Kev4029

On 9/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, Kraft... said:

SI Top 100 Some interesting choices, discuss :popcorn: 

5 Sixers in top 62. Good to see some people (looking at you Golliver) coming around. 

And they keep insisting that the Spurs deal needed to be done with Embiid or Simmons:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795767-spurs-reportedly-targeted-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-before-kawhi-leonard-trade

i can't figure out if Buford was playing hard ball, or what he was thinking. I can't imagine Sixers giving up either of those guys, and i think they still could have sent a  better package than Torotonto did. But i'd love to know how true this all is because i can't figure out why Spurs would insist on this

30 minutes ago, modogg said:

5 Sixers in top 62. Good to see some people (looking at you Golliver) coming around. 

And they keep insisting that the Spurs deal needed to be done with Embiid or Simmons:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795767-spurs-reportedly-targeted-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-before-kawhi-leonard-trade

i can't figure out if Buford was playing hard ball, or what he was thinking. I can't imagine Sixers giving up either of those guys, and i think they still could have sent a  better package than Torotonto did. But i'd love to know how true this all is because i can't figure out why Spurs would insist on this

They wanted a star back (and Fultz doesn't count).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bananafish said:

They wanted a star back (and Fultz doesn't count).

i don't know. Embiid or Simmons >>>>>>> Derozan by almost every measure. Guess they may as well aim for the moon, but would the package Toronto sent be better than a mix of Fultz, Saric and Covington? i don't know, but it is all water under the bridge. If the case was Embiid/SImmons was the starting point i wish someone would have leaked it better to the media so we could have saved a few weeks of silliness, i can't see any reason why the Sixers would trade one of those young guys for an injured Kawhi in a contract year.

this thread will bump 5 pages once the Celtics' fans check out that top 100. I think the whole fanbase will blow a gasket seeing Tatum at 39....

7 hours ago, modogg said:

this thread will bump 5 pages once the Celtics' fans check out that top 100. I think the whole fanbase will blow a gasket seeing Tatum at 39....

Why?  That is exactly where he should be after his rookie year...after this year I expect him to be about 15-20 slots above that but right now he is where he should be...

Edited by Boston

8 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Jimmy Butler at 10?

Until he got hurt he was top 5 in the MVP race last year and the T-Wolves were hoovering around the 3 or 4 seed.