What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks are the exact type of team that can stifle the Warriors much like the Thunder with Durant. Long and athletic. 

Going into the season I thought the Celtics and 76ers had the best chance from the East vs the Dubs, but the Raptors and Bucks are ready NOW and have the length and athleticism to make things hard for the Dubs. 

By the beard of Michael McDonald Brian Winters, I vow that the Bucks shall find sweet freedom in joining the ranks of NBA champs once again this season!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

don't know if it came through. Was Fultz, Dario, and Wilson Chandler for Beal. I am a bit concerned at what Dario will request when his rookie contract ends up and if the Sixers can afford him. Washington gets 2 good young pieces to add to the team, and Sixers get Beal
Ya saw it the other day.  Has this even been discussed though or is it just wishful thinking?  Have to think we'd have to throw in a 1st rounder.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

don't know if it came through. Was Fultz, Dario, and Wilson Chandler for Beal. I am a bit concerned at what Dario will request when his rookie contract ends up and if the Sixers can afford him. Washington gets 2 good young pieces to add to the team, and Sixers get Beal
Nobody wants Fultz. He’s terrible. You should give up trying to make him the centerpiece of these big deals. 

Nobody wants Fultz. He’s terrible. You should give up trying to make him the centerpiece of these big deals. 
i don't know that he is completely useless. at his base he can be good defense, and can cut to the basket (pass well too). cheap contract for the next 3 years, i would think plenty of teams would be open to bringing him on to at least finish out the rookie contract. He certainly wouldn't be as valuable as a number 1 overall pick, but i don't think he can already be considered a total bust. We aren't talking Anthony Bennett here

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya saw it the other day.  Has this even been discussed though or is it just wishful thinking?  Have to think we'd have to throw in a 1st rounder.
who knows, and i don't know what the 6ers front office is thinking. I hope they are active and looking for moves, but hard to say with the current set-up. I still think they bring in a guy like R.C. Buford to be "president of basketball operations" over Elton and all, but this is all total speculation

i don't know that he is completely useless. at his base he can be good defense, and can cut to the basket (pass well too). cheap contract for the next 3 years, i would think plenty of teams would be open to bringing him on to at least finish out the rookie contract. He certainly wouldn't be as valuable as a number 1 overall pick, but i don't think he can already be considered a total bust. We aren't talking Anthony Bennett here
It's not cheap for how good he is.

i do miss abe and his wackass trade proposals where it was labron james for an actual poop bag full of poop from lassie who says no that was always good times take that to the bank bromigos 

Actually we kind of are. 

Sixers trading Covington and Saric + for Jimmy Butler

Here we go...

They’ll need them with all the bricks they’ll be throwing up.  Philly’s outside shooting went from mediocre to terrible.  Butler’s good but I don’t like this trade for them.
It improves the perimeter defense immediately. We can always add shooters as we go.

It improves the perimeter defense immediately. We can always add shooters as we go.
it is funny because i seem to listen to a bunch of basketball podcasts, and all of them were talking about how crazy it will be for Jimmy Butler to be in the same locker room with Fultz. It is interesting none the less, and i agree we have players to make up for what was lost. 

Ziare Smith having a severe food allergy slowing his rehab until January is a very 76er thing to do, but i like Shamet and i don't think they lose a ton. Everyone knows they have 2nd rounders for the next century to give away

It’s a great trade for the Sixers on paper. Let’s wait and see how the chemistry is between the diva and Twitter troll.
i don't think Butler will settle down, and if he doesn't that won't work in Philadelphia like it did in Minny. Fans and team will bury him quick, and Embiid and Simmons won't shirk away if he starts talking #### to them. 

From a Process point of view, would have loved to see a way for the Sixers to get Wiggins. 

Pretty sure my 2nd favorite NBA has officially become the T-Wolves

i don't think Butler will settle down, and if he doesn't that won't work in Philadelphia like it did in Minny. Fans and team will bury him quick, and Embiid and Simmons won't shirk away if he starts talking #### to them. 

From a Process point of view, would have loved to see a way for the Sixers to get Wiggins
What is Simmons gonna say to Butler besides yes sir and thank you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread