What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i've been reading a bunch on this trade today. think this may be the best one i found, from si.com:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/10/jimmy-butler-trade-timberwolves-76ers-robert-covington-dario-saric
Jimmy may seem like a model employee at first, but it won’t last.  I like the guy but he won’t end up fulfilling the role you envision. And the Sixers are going to bust the bank to keep him.  The main reason the Bulls traded him to begin with is they knew he wasn’t worth it. 

Jimmy may seem like a model employee at first, but it won’t last.  I like the guy but he won’t end up fulfilling the role you envision. And the Sixers are going to bust the bank to keep him.  The main reason the Bulls traded him to begin with is they knew he wasn’t worth it. 
You guys know much more about the NBA than I do.  I just don’t like what he did in Minn to get moved.  Doesn’t seem like a team player, especially one that should get a max contract.

You guys know much more about the NBA than I do.  I just don’t like what he did in Minn to get moved.  Doesn’t seem like a team player, especially one that should get a max contract.
Playing big minutes year after year for Thibs should be Philly's bigger concern with any long-term deal.

The upside not being discussed a lot yet is the 76ers ability to clear a small amount of room and have enough cap space to also sign another max deal this upcoming off-season.

Could see Philadelphia being in the Kyle Korver mix this season as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

The upside not being discussed a lot yet is the 76ers ability to clear a small amount of room and have enough cap space to also sign another max deal this upcoming off-season.
Yeah, this was mentioned on a sixers podcast I was listening to this morning and not the worst point.  Also combined with the fact that it was rather unlikely that they would be able to re-sign Dario.

Damn is Lillard slippery, dude can get to the basket at will, looks so effortless too. And he's tough, can score through contact. Kid is a pleasure to watch :popcorn: 

Beat GS and Denver, lose to Portland and the clippers. Just how they drew it up
Lotta good teams lose to Portland, GB.  

Ton of Boston fans at the game last night in Portland.  They were pretty loud during the 4th quarter comeback.  Jayson Tatum is a nice player to watch.  Such a smooth shot.  
Did enjoy that Road Warrior looking fellow, Baynes.  He's not any good, but he yells like an ogre at other players and bangs around trying to irritate opponents.  Good schtick.  

yeah, but i think it was becoming to become a given. i think the reality that they may not get a big free agent this upcoming summer was sinking in, and they needed to get another top guy. Very hard to get a valuable guy without giving something up in return. Honestly would have loved to see it be Fultz then either guy. but doubt any team would take that, and that just sucks.

But we can move on, looking forward to Jimmy buying in and the Sixers beat up on some teams. Definitely looking forward to the Boston game on Chirstmas Eve now, wasn't so much before this trade. 
Not sure if I stated this before or not but I was at the Sixers/SAC game the year Embiid was drafted and out for the year the same day the Teague/Schroader for Nerlens Noel rumors. A bg loyal fan was with some Philly PR/Ticket guy whatever (Seemed to know a lot about the ins and outs of their plans and got the dude his tickets for what I could tell a very good price considering where our seats were) and mention before Jerry Colangelo got to Philly he asked a lot of the USA players their opinions of the Sixers overall and if they'd think about going there. The growing consensus JC felt was he needed to trade for some sort of star player that he could get without giving up all the assets. Hence why he tried to get Teague Schroader and then other dominos would fall into place. It seems JC was onto something then because the Sixers came up empty in their star hunting (As Brown said they were doing) in FA. 

That and it made it easier for them to part with him after he started acting up. I'm was so glad we didn't have to put up with him anymore. 

What he did was highly unprofessional and if I was a GM and Owner who was interested in him Id either think twice or take him off my target list completely. The other concern here like someone mentioned right after you (I should've recognized this myself) is the fact JB has played very heavy mins through his career under Thibs. One of the negatives and what many Bulls fans thought helped the demised of the Bulls of the Butler/Rose era was Thibs playing everyone heavy mins. Took a toll on Noah, Deng, Rose and others after awhile. Rose had no business being in that playoff game in Philly that late with the score as is when he first got hurt. Hardly rested guys at the end of the year when they had their seed locked up too. In the long run those heavy mins he played could hurt him. I'm not sure of Butler's self care body wise but it's nothing like Lebron does. Butler right now for as good as he is can be a head case. He'll be a good employee at first then the minute things don't go his way he will act out. like I said he won't take to Joel Embiids social media nonsense at all. Sixers fans might say well he's having fun. Yeah well in the passed theres been issues of his immaturity especially his rehab. He talks a big game for a guy who hasn't won anything yet. Btw he talks to the media and online you'd think he won multiple titles and awards already. Not saying he should turn it all off but he really needs to tone it down. You don't think other players see that and think maybe I won't go to the Sixers? He's already creating enemies. Im saying this as a guy who likes Embiid and not a Sixers fan Heck when Sixers fans didn't want to draft him I was saying they needed do based on the lack of talent on the roster at the time because if Healthy he could be a once in a generation player they wanted that could fall to them do to medicals.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread