What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving Bayless would get them enough room to sign James to a max deal. But how would they get close to a salary match to get Kawhi? A three team trade? Not to mention, what would the Sixers have that the Spurs would want (let alone what a third team would want).
Both Sixers and Spurs are under the cap @ this moment so deals dont have to match penny-for-penny. There's like 5mil play at that level, so RoCo/Fultz gets em within a couple mil of Kawhi's 2018-19 salary. Getting someone to take Bayless after that would leave 35-6 mil for LeBrohan. Dont think RoCo/Fultz/1.10 would get Kawhi, but RoCo/Fultz/Saric would

Last edited by a moderator:
What did prime Charles Barkley return?
Coming to Philadelphia from Phoenix were:

Tim Perry, 27, a 6-foot-9 forward who was a Temple University alum.

Jeff Hornacek, 29, was a versatile 6-4 guard who led the Suns in scoring last season and was in the All-Star Game.

Andrew Lang, 25, was a 6-11 center that possessed a modest offensive game. His specialties were shot-blocking and rebounding.

http://cornerpubsports.com/2016/06/barkley-suns-trade/

Coming to Philadelphia from Phoenix were:

Tim Perry, 27, a 6-foot-9 forward who was a Temple University alum.

Jeff Hornacek, 29, was a versatile 6-4 guard who led the Suns in scoring last season and was in the All-Star Game.

Andrew Lang, 25, was a 6-11 center that possessed a modest offensive game. His specialties were shot-blocking and rebounding.

http://cornerpubsports.com/2016/06/barkley-suns-trade/
it was a rhetorical question...

Both Sixers and Spurs are under the cap @ this moment so deals dont have to match penny-for-penny. There's like 5mil play at that level, so RoCo/Fultz gets em within a couple mil of Kawhi's 2018-19 salary. Getting someone to take Bayless after that would leave 35-6 mil for LeBrohan. Dont think RoCo/Fultz/1.10 would get Kawhi, but RoCo/Fultz/Saric would
The salaries matched doesn't work like that in the NBA. I think it is 125 percent rule and why you get trade exemptions. 

The Pacers/OKC seemed light at the time but it worked out fine for the Pacers. The Celts/Cle trade looked better on paper if IT would have been healthy and the Nets didn't play better than expected.

We don't really have a long history of stars being traded until recently.
LeBron got 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and swap rights for another first when he left CLE

The Pacers/OKC seemed light at the time but it worked out fine for the Pacers. The Celts/Cle trade looked better on paper if IT would have been healthy and the Nets didn't play better than expected.

We don't really have a long history of stars being traded until recently.
CP3 got Beverly, Dekker, Lou Williams and a 1st

A bball coach friend knows a cook who talked to a waitress last night after she served Chelsea Redick and the little JJs in Los Angeles. She says they're back in the Manhattan Beach home and nesting for a long stay. Pretty sure Redick is going to be a Laker along with Lebron and Durant.

A bball coach friend knows a cook who talked to a waitress last night after she served Chelsea Redick and the little JJs in Los Angeles. She says they're back in the Manhattan Beach home and nesting for a long stay. Pretty sure Redick is going to be a Laker along with Lebron and Durant.
so Celtics are getting Bamba and Anthony Davis, and Lakers are getting, at least, Lebron, George and Reddick.  i wish other teams had as many rumors, would make this 2-3 week wait more bearable

Lakers will also be trading for Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Wilt Chamberlain (he can adapt to today's game just fine), Bruce Lee, Godzilla and Jesus.

Lakers will also be trading for Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Wilt Chamberlain (he can adapt to today's game just fine), Bruce Lee, Godzilla and Jesus.
Yea but to be fair that's not JC but rather Jesus Ramirez from the G League. He has a high motor though.

so the whole George thing is pretty much based on it being his hometown? what other NBA cities get guys who want to play for their hometown? Friggin Kobe should have did that late 90's. the way Kobe was all over the Eagles this year he certainly is using it now. We can start the rumours that KAT is ready to come home soon too.

Sorry Minny, you guys have to have someone wanting to come home to Minny right?

so the whole George thing is pretty much based on it being his hometown? what other NBA cities get guys who want to play for their hometown? Friggin Kobe should have did that late 90's. the way Kobe was all over the Eagles this year he certainly is using it now. We can start the rumours that KAT is ready to come home soon too.

Don't worry this is every year in the NBA thread. 

Kyrie has expressed an interest in playing for the Knicks (he’s from North Jersey I believe). They were on his list of potential trade partners when he forced his way out of town. Boston is somewhat concerned he will go there after this upcoming season. 

You seem to have missed the last two years and are allowing your desire for everything to go Philly's way to cloud your judgement. George said last year that he wanted to play in LA. In fact, he said it again today:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/13/paul-george-lebron-james-nba-los-angeles/

I think Philly is in the hunt, but people aren't making up this LA stuff out of thin air. I don't even really care but I've been inundated with LeBron/George to LA speculation ad nauseum and not just from LA homers.
maybe. or it can be like every NBA player knows when they are getting ready for a big free agent summer. they should live it up and let every team know they are interested. Allow themselves to get king's treatment in 10-15 cities. 

i for one think George is going to LA too, seemed to be something that has been discussed for years. The Lemarcus Aldridge run didn't have this long of a burn, but i think that is a real possibility for free agents

Then why would you state that people think this just because he grew up there? Or is that why you think it too?

Wait, are you pulling some sort of long con on me? Otherwise I don't get it the obtuseness.
because where else would he go? If he comes to Philly i would be very surprised because there hasn't been much talk about that at all, and if he can choose between OKC or Philly he may just stick with OKC. 

and lol, i haven't really put that much thought into where George is going to. I do think it is strange someone would want to go somewhere simply because he grew up there (and apparently George grew up 70 miles outside of LA, so that is a joke. At least Kobe was only 5 miles or so). there aren't a lot of teams with money to spend on FAs, and the Lakers obviously have shown interest. 

Still sitting here trying to figure out why the hell anyone wants Paul George after that flaming pile of garbage he put on display in his last game.

Team who overpays for him deserves all the trolling they get.

If I were you I'd be rooting for George over LeBron. He fits your team so much better.
that seems to be the consensus. but it doesn't much matter who i am rooting for, it is more about who is feasible to join. I think Lebron is more likely then George

this honestly feels like a :tfp:  to me:    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/13/lakers-want-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma-tone-down-social-media

I have heard the response that they are best buds on the team, but his would obviously not be the case. I wonder if Magic knows he really should look to trade one since it just feels like a bad situation between Kuzma and Ball. like they genuinely just don't like each other, or they both are trying to be the alpha/leader of that team and are cutting each other down in the meantime. the 2nd part of that would seem likely since who is the leader or veteran spokesperson on that team?

I can't think of a situation like this in the NBA where guys get as personal or public with talking smack to teammates outside of my boy #stillballin' and #EricJr.

Kyrie has expressed an interest in playing for the Knicks (he’s from North Jersey I believe). They were on his list of potential trade partners when he forced his way out of town. Boston is somewhat concerned he will go there after this upcoming season. 
Maybe a three way that sends LeBron to Boston.

this honestly feels like a :tfp:  to me:    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/13/lakers-want-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma-tone-down-social-media

I have heard the response that they are best buds on the team, but his would obviously not be the case. I wonder if Magic knows he really should look to trade one since it just feels like a bad situation between Kuzma and Ball. like they genuinely just don't like each other, or they both are trying to be the alpha/leader of that team and are cutting each other down in the meantime. the 2nd part of that would seem likely since who is the leader or veteran spokesperson on that team?

I can't think of a situation like this in the NBA where guys get as personal or public with talking smack to teammates outside of my boy #stillballin' and #EricJr.
Kobe and Shaq perfected this dynamic...

Yo... Nick Young a champion 

You guys read into stuff like gossipy old women around the bridge table. Kuz and Lo are having having fun with each other. Immature sure. But they're best friends and just joking around. Should they grow up a little? Of course, and that's why mgt is asking them to cool it. 

@Capellathis thread is terrrrribbble. Time to shut it down, mate.

Maybe a three way that sends LeBron to Boston.
I am not sure what provisions or rules apply to multiple team trades, but the Cavs would be WAYYYY over the cap with LeBron opting in, the Celtics are starting out a few million dollars over the cap, and the Knicks are slightly over the cap. LeBron would carry about a $36 million price tag, Kyrie is signed for this year at $20 million, and who knows what puzzle pieces that the Knicks have to work with. Not sure what salary matching parameters would come into play . . .

I am not sure what provisions or rules apply to multiple team trades, but the Cavs would be WAYYYY over the cap with LeBron opting in, the Celtics are starting out a few million dollars over the cap, and the Knicks are slightly over the cap. LeBron would carry about a $36 million price tag, Kyrie is signed for this year at $20 million, and who knows what puzzle pieces that the Knicks have to work with. Not sure what salary matching parameters would come into play . . .
Same rules as two-team trades.  Teams over the cap are allowed to take on 125% of the outgoing salaries.  Teams under the cap are hard capped, ie can take on anything but can not be over the cap after said trade.

well damn, I think all my bets on LBJ going to the Sixers are a lost cause. Between the healthy relationships of the teammates in LA, that doesn't seem dysfunctional at all, we now have official word from the guy who would know:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781123-lavar-ball-predicts-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-cant-teach-lonzo-nothing

I am positive LBJ will want to join the Lakers now, line should be -800
I'll give him props on L.A. Bron, that's pretty crafty.  But I never thought of how much L.A. Bron would despise this guy.  Or that L.A. Bron could help land the Ball family a NBA championship way sooner than they would otherwise (and how Lavar would take all the credit).

I'll give him props on L.A. Bron, that's pretty crafty.  But I never thought of how much L.A. Bron would despise this guy.  Or that L.A. Bron could help land the Ball family a NBA championship way sooner than they would otherwise (and how Lavar would take all the credit).
In a perfect world Lebron says sure I'll sign with the Lakers after you move the Ball family. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread