Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

I feel sorry for the restricted free agents.  I thought we'd see at least one sign an offer sheet on the first day today but :crickets:

The moratorium really hurts them.  Most of free agency is done before they can even sign with another team and start the 2-day match clock.  The NBA really needs to fix this.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Really hoping houston gets melo.

I guess they won't have to pay Melo 15 million, but once they lost Ariza, Houston's title chances went with him, unless they can replace his 3&D.

Teams get caught up having an arms race offensively with the Dubs, but as long as you have playmakers that can get by Curry you'll be fine. The key is having no weak links on defense that the Dubs will consistently abuse.

Melo and Harden would be opening up the floodgates for the Dubs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Max Power said:
3 hours ago, Britney Spears said:

Why. 

Apparently he likes the coach there

Wants to speak French with Batum

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juxtatarot said:

I feel sorry for the restricted free agents.  I thought we'd see at least one sign an offer sheet on the first day today but :crickets:

The moratorium really hurts them.  Most of free agency is done before they can even sign with another team and start the 2-day match clock.  The NBA really needs to fix this.  

LaVine signs 4/80 offer sheet with Sacramento :excited:

Guys, I wanted you to hear it from me first, Rachel Nichols is pregnant with my baby.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, modogg said:

he certainly isn't like Zaire who literally may jump out of the arena. but if you like shooting, the kid is good. he is one i hope they don't lose in a trade

Maybe you were on to something...

and he does look he has more upper body strength.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, caustic said:

Come at the Kings, ya best not miss.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, caustic said:

Oh ####.

Bulls will likely match.

Edited by Juxtatarot

18 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Guys, I wanted you to hear it from me first, Rachel Nichols is pregnant with my baby.

You're not going to leave me alone with Frosty's mom are you? 

Typical man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

If you want to know what it feels like to be a Wizards fan I can’t really think of a more perfect example than giving a 34 year old Dwight Howard a totally unecessary player option for a second year while your team is still hamstrung by totally unnecessary player options it gave to guys still on the roster.  

:lmao: i'm guessing you may already know, but Andrew Sharp from the Open Floor Podcast is a Wizards fan. He has a nice 15 minute discussion about the Wizards in the beginning of their most recent one. 

Speaking of which, those guys brought up a funny idea. It seems like a lot on the Sports networks are behind the Lakers and their off-season moves. They brought up the idea that if LeBron resigned with the Cavs, and they made all the moves the Lakers have they would be the butt of every joke for the entire summer. 

• Like 3

I am so glad the Pistons used all their cap space on Blake. It would have been horrible to have 2 of these 4 guys instead of Blake. Smart, Randle, Lavine, and Parker. We might even have gotten 3 of them if we traded Tobias for an expiring and a pick. 

I hate Tom Gores. 

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 1

Grizzlies signed Kyle Anderson to 4/37.2 offer sheet with 15% trade kicker, per Woj.

53 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am so glad the Pistons used all their cap space on Blake. It would have been horrible to have 2 of these 4 guys instead of Blake. Smart, Randle, Lavine, and Parker. We might even have gotten 3 of them if we traded Tobias for an expiring and a pick. 

I hate Tom Gores. 

I think i can confidently say I am not a Boston nut-hugger, so i think i can say with some objectivity that I would be pissed off i were Marcus Smart too. The fact that he hasn't heard from anybody from Boston is just disrespectful, but it happened last year too so he shouldn't be surprised. But seeing all of these other players go in free agency when Smart can likely bring more to the table has to be a bit infuriating. Maybe his agent sucks or something, but the buzzword for all the Lakers signings were that they wanted to bring in "toughness". Well, i think Smart can bring some of that, plus some dependable skill. if has to settle for 1 year at 6 million it will be a shame. Luckily for Boston they hit it right with Stephenson, and i think that guy can help focus Smart and use his anger to play well next season if this happens.  

Oh and 6ers 1st rounder Landry Shamet sprained his ankle in his first game. Of course he did.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

76ers Furkan Korkmaz with 40 in the summer game vs Boston.  

I am hoping it is legit, and not just pulling a Jalyen Brown with 2nd year guys who play in summer league. But the kid has some impressive shooting. 

Lebron who????? 

ETA: 

good thread on reddit "Is Furkan the GOAT?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/8wpklf/is_furkan_korkmaz_the_greatest_player_of_all_time/

Edited by modogg

44 minutes ago, caustic said:

Grizzlies signed Kyle Anderson to 4/37.2 offer sheet with 15% trade kicker, per Woj.

Good lord.  Effin grizz.

1 minute ago, modogg said:

Fair question.  Looked motherfurkan good tonight.  Playing point and shooting off the dribble.  Didn’t really know he had that in him.  Seemed very unsure on defense though.

bolden looked good rolling.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Fair question.  Looked motherfurkan good tonight.  Playing point and shooting off the dribble.  Didn’t really know he had that in him.  Seemed very unsure on defense though.

bolden looked good rolling.

from twitter:

“I can’t believe they got rid of the man who drafted Furkan Korkmaz.” — Eric Jr.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, modogg said:

I am hoping it is legit, and not just pulling a Jalyen Brown with 2nd year guys who play in summer league. But the kid has some impressive shooting. 

Lebron who????? 

ETA: 

good thread on reddit "Is Furkan the GOAT?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/8wpklf/is_furkan_korkmaz_the_greatest_player_of_all_time/

Get in line behind Malik Monk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, modogg said:

can't skip Korkmaz in that group. Kid has to put on some muscle, but he is a true sharp shooter from 3

I don't understand the non love from some Sixers fans on Korkmaz. I mentioned him to a few people along with my cousins and they were all like yeah he can go in the Leonard deal. And he just put up 40 pts in Summer league and had 8 3s I believe from 13 Shots behind the arc. Dude needs playing time though in the regular season. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I assume now that the Kings will sign Jabari after the Bulls match.

Hope so. Unless Denver is dangling an unprotected first to get out of paying the tax, I’m not sure there’s a better way to use cap room this year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rascal said:

Never been a fan of young, but curry wasnt "the curry" till his fourth season.  Regardless, i cant see young being on that level ever.

Only reason people were comparing him to Curry was they are the same size and he shoots 3s. I don't watch a ton of Big12 basketball so I do wonder though how good the teams in the conference are defensively as well. Out of conference I saw him play a tough Alabama team who held him to one of his worst shooting nights of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

i'm pulling for Monk, hope the kid has a good yeart

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I don't understand the non love from some Sixers fans on Korkmaz. I mentioned him to a few people along with my cousins and they were all like yeah he can go in the Leonard deal. And he just put up 40 pts in Summer league and had 8 3s I believe from 13 Shots behind the arc. Dude needs playing time though in the regular season. 

had some good games in Turkey in between the season and summer league too (25 points on 9 shots one night i think). He was dealing with a nagging injury this year, i'll be happy if he gets 10-15 a night

2 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Oh ####.

Bulls will likely match.

Woj just reported Bulls matching. There's some insurance on the left surgically repaired knee as well per both Marks and Woj. 

Bulls match Kings offer to Lavine

6 minutes ago, modogg said:

had some good games in Turkey in between the season and summer league too (25 points on 9 shots one night i think). He was dealing with a nagging injury this year, i'll be happy if he gets 10-15 a night

I just didn't get why he wasn't getting mins. It got to the point where "why don't you send him to G League for some minutes if he isn't gonna play?" He was the pick I really liked that year by the team though. Seen a lot of fans sleeping on him. 

1 hour ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Oh and 6ers 1st rounder Landry Shamet sprained his ankle in his first game. Of course he did.

Why wouldn't he?

Nurkic gets 4/48 or 4/53 depending on whether you believe Woj or Shams. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, modogg said:

from twitter:

“I can’t believe they got rid of the man who drafted Furkan Korkmaz.” — Eric Jr.

"Furkan Korkmaz ties Keith Bogans for the fifth most points in summer league history"

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

I just didn't get why he wasn't getting mins. It got to the point where "why don't you send him to G League for some minutes if he isn't gonna play?" He was the pick I really liked that year by the team though. Seen a lot of fans sleeping on him. 

How are your Bulls?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Boogie is catching the Warriors summer league game with Steve Kerr after they had dinner together. I'll take that as a good sign.

I liked Kerr's question about how Cousins would feel if he doesn't touch the ball for seven positions and he said he didn't care

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jayrod said:

:lmao:

What league did Curry play in again?  And how do you think teams started guarding Oklahoma after that hot first month?

By the way, in 2007-08 Curry faced these Kenpom ranked teams:

#1 Kansas

#3 North Carolina

#4 UCLA

#5 Wisconsin

#6 Duke

#7 Georgetown

The best two defenses Young faced this year were Texas twice and Texas Tech twice.  He shot 9-43 from 3P in those 4 games 

• Like 1

Announcers: Let's see this great block again from Gilgeous-Alexander!

:GA mugs Magette's arms while shooting:

Announcers: Wow! What a recovery!

Edited by tjnc09
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

"Furkan Korkmaz ties Keith Bogans for the fifth most points in summer league history"

i feel like we should change his name to "Scary Furkan" the way he abused the Celtics.........:stirspot:

5 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Lol who was offering 19mm.

Isn't he restricted?

7 hours ago, Slapdash said:

Buckets

Hernangomez and Monk getting it done. Tony Parker on the way to shepherd the young'ens and maybe convince Batum to give a ####. I'm going to go ahead and start planning for a little time off work to try to make it down for a Charlotte-hosted 1st round Playoff series.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, modogg said:

i feel like we should change his name to "Scary Furkan" the way he abused the Celtics.........:stirspot:

95-89...

pelicans talking a trade for Dennis Schroeder

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Anthony Davis will be a Bull one day

by 2020 after the butler rumors started which I take with a grain of salt there was talk of Bringing Butler back and bringing in Kyrie as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

by 2020 after the butler rumors started which I take with a grain of salt there was talk of Bringing Butler back and bringing in Kyrie as well. 

Lets do this

• Like 1

Just now, Max Power said:

Lets do this

Would be the best team in the East plus since we traded Butler he's not eligible for the Super Max now. 

8 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

Carmelo Anthony should join the BIG3 league.

Was watching that last night.  Who thought it was a good idea to put Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest on the same team with Charles Oakley coaching them?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Would be the best team in the East plus since we traded Butler he's not eligible for the Super Max now. 

Yeah, Lauri can go for AD.

Carter

Davis

Buter

Lavine

Irving

Solid