Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Was watching that last night.  Who thought it was a good idea to put Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest on the same team with Charles Oakley coaching them?

entertainment did

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

Carmelo Anthony should join the BIG3 league.

Wouldn't have to play defense and can shoot as much as he wants. Sounds like his kind of league.

• Like 1

Bulls fans are starting to sound like Lakers fans in here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, msudaisy26 said:

Bulls fans are starting to sound like Lakers fans in here.

Get on the wagon early before we trade for your favorite player

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Was watching that last night.  Who thought it was a good idea to put Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest on the same team with Charles Oakley coaching them?

makes for great reality tv. 

18 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

by 2020 after the butler rumors started which I take with a grain of salt there was talk of Bringing Butler back and bringing in Kyrie as well. 

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Lets do this

16 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Would be the best team in the East plus since we traded Butler he's not eligible for the Super Max now. 

No thank you.

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yeah, Lauri can go for AD.

Carter

Davis

Buter

Lavine

Irving

Solid

More so was just gonna wait till FA. Keep Lauri and you got a great bench. 

10 hours ago, Short Corner said:

Isn't he restricted?

I assumed the Bulls would be happy to let him go. Wild. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

I assumed the Bulls would be happy to let him go. Wild. :shrug:

Nope he was the centerpiece of the Butler trade. The funny thing is Kris Dunn was a throw in and he really improved when given the playing time this year. I think T'Wolves gave up on him too soon. 

13 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Nope he was the centerpiece of the Butler trade. The funny thing is Kris Dunn was a throw in and he really improved when given the playing time this year. I think T'Wolves gave up on him too soon. 

Lavine sucks my guy.

• Like 1

According to Jason Lloyd Kyrie Irving never wanted LeBron James back in Cleveland. James made some comment while with MIA telling Kyrie keep doing what you're doing never know when I might be back. Kyrie never thought they needed James. Joe Vardon said there was two blow ups inside the locker room first week of the season following loses. Vardon also said James and his camp questioned Kyrie's toughness dealing with injuries accusing him of taking games off before he blew out in knee in the finals. LeBron was giving subtle hints in the media questioning Kyrie's toughness as well. Despite winning the title in 16 Kyrie and his people considered asking for a trade but according to Dave McMennimen. During the following year against the Raptors in the playoffs Kyrie didn't interact with aat practice for multiple days. After that season was when Irving decided it was time to end his time in Cleveland and went through with asking for a trade. 

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Bulls fans are starting to sound like Lakers fans how Laker haters portray what Laker fans sound like in here.

FYP

Edited by Gr00vus

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Anthony Davis will be a Bull one day

i have heard rumors of Anothony Davis going to 2/3s of the league, none of which is staying in New Orleans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pollardsvision said:

Buckets

Hernangomez and Monk getting it done. Tony Parker on the way to shepherd the young'ens and maybe convince Batum to give a ####. I'm going to go ahead and start planning for a little time off work to try to make it down for a Charlotte-hosted 1st round Playoff series.

I too am looking forward to getting swept in the first round :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gr00vus said:

FYP

You didn't do a very good job.

19 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

It's an accurate assessment.

Edited by Gr00vus

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ####.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, modogg said:

i have heard rumors of Anothony Davis going to 2/3s of the league, none of which is staying in New Orleans. 

NO still has the supermax option. Would be tough for him to leave that on the table. 

1 hour ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Sounds like a team-first guy. 

8 hours ago, modogg said:

Chicago is in the conversation since he's from there. You always get the rumors of the hometown guys going home. No different then the Phillies talk of Mike Trout coming in Fa

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 4m4 minutes ago

More

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan Stone to Bulls.

Congrats, Magic fans.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

More

Sources: Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando finalizing trade that includes Mozgov to Magic, Biyombo to Charlotte and Julyan Stone to Bulls.

Congrats, Magic fans.

3 ways> 3 peats.

Suck it Warriors

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

More

Congrats, Magic fans.

Who in the heck is he? all I've seen is he's 29 yrs old seems like a complete journeyman. Don't really understand this trade though

I think I'd rather pay Biyombo $34MM than pay Mozgov $32.5MM. At least the Magic get Jerian Grant?

2 minutes ago, caustic said:

I think I'd rather pay Biyombo $34MM than pay Mozgov $32.5MM. At least the Magic get Jerian Grant?

:lmao: Words we'll never hear again.

Summarizes this trade quite well. To be a fly on the wall during the trade discussions with this. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, caustic said:

Well biyombo might opt out of the final year... :lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 3

You guys can be real donkey asses sometimes.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:47 PM, BigSteelThrill said:

Oh and 6ers 1st rounder Landry Shamet sprained his ankle in his first game. Of course he did.

Landry Shamet (right ankle sprain) is out for summer league.

He suffered the injury on Friday and will be re-evaluated in three weeks. The team gave him an X-ray, but there's no word of an MRI.

Some things just don't change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos Commish said:

Just watched Bagley and Ayton. I thought Harry Giles was the best player.

He certainly looked good and used his time off wisely. I thought Bagley and Ayton showed well. Suns need to get the ball to Ayton more but it's Summer League and that's not gonna happen. If Summer league is any indication, Bagley's gonna thrive in transition.

On the other hand, Dragan Bender looks every bit as bad (and completely lost) as his 1st summer league. He and Marquese Chriss have about as low of basketball IQ as guys in the NBA can have. I don't know if it's ideal to give up on a 20 year old but the guy's IQ is so low it's really embarrassing to watch. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if it happened or they demoted him to the G league. The size and athletic ability is nice but he doesn't use either to his advantage.....like ever.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

3 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

He technically hasn't signed yet... still time to change his mind.

really would be an awesome troll job if he told Magic he'd join, Lakers sign a few of the Bad News Bears, and Lebron signs somewhere else, leaving Lakers in a mess

Edited by modogg
  • Like 6

Highly recommend a day o f summer league. I've been here six hours. Last game coming up. Will do it again tomorrow.

• Like 3

Just now, Chaos Commish said:

Highly recommend a day o f summer league. I've been here six hours. Last game coming up. Will do it again tomorrow.

everybody that goes always talk about it being a good time. you think NBA would look to take more advantage of and have it in a few locations not just Vegas. pick a spot in the middle of the northeast and they could pull good crowds nightly

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

If Summer league is any indication, Bagley's gonna thrive in transition.

:lmao: like when Jackson swatted his garbage all the way back to Duke?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Just watched Bagley and Ayton. I thought Harry Giles was the best player.

I’m buying all the Giles stock I can find. Since he actually plays defense he may get a lot of run this year. 

1 hour ago, thecatch said:

I’m buying all the Giles stock I can find. Since he actually plays defense he may get a lot of run this year. 

Really hoping we see a Randolph-Bagley-Labissiere-Cauley/Stein-Giles lineup at some point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, modogg said:

everybody that goes always talk about it being a good time. you think NBA would look to take more advantage of and have it in a few locations not just Vegas. pick a spot in the middle of the northeast and they could pull good crowds nightly

They do

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Max Power said:

entertainment did

I've watched one game this year. Trilogy vs Tri-State. McCants and Robinson were going at it all game. Mccants is such a frontrunner. Robinson hits the game winner and he grabs McCants pre-game mask. Looks like Kenyon Martin mom is on the court and he's yelling at her. Basketball/WWE

https://twitter.com/FS1/status/1010360707164934144?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1010360707164934144&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F06%2Fnate-robinson-hit-game-winner-stole-rashad-mccants-joker-mask-in-big-3-debut

1 hour ago, metoo said:

I've watched one game this year. Trilogy vs Tri-State. McCants and Robinson were going at it all game. Mccants is such a frontrunner. Robinson hits the game winner and he grabs McCants pre-game mask. Looks like Kenyon Martin mom is on the court and he's yelling at her. Basketball/WWE

https://twitter.com/FS1/status/1010360707164934144?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1010360707164934144&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F06%2Fnate-robinson-hit-game-winner-stole-rashad-mccants-joker-mask-in-big-3-debut

Where/when can you watch?

20 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Lavine sucks my guy.

Any time you have the opportunity to throw 78 million dollars at a guy who gives you 17ppg on 38% shooting with no rebounding, passing, or defense, you have to take it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

by 2020 after the butler rumors started which I take with a grain of salt there was talk of Bringing Butler back and bringing in Kyrie as well. 

Going to be a lot tougher to offer both Kyrie and Butler max deals with 44M in cap space instead of 64M.

• Like 1