What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hilton for Watkins and Godwin? (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
0.25ppr contract/dynasty

My WRs - Keenan Allen, Juju, Cooper, Hilton, landry, Martavis bryant. 

Sammy Watkins will have a very high salary by comparison to all those above due to contract extension, but still manageable for his 3 years in Kansas. 

Would you trade Hilton for Watkins and Godwin? 

I'd keep Hilton. Godwin is a decent prospect, but a complete unknown, who has a lot of climbing to do. Watkins is on his 3rd team in 3 years, and while he is still somehow only 25, its also likely he's the 3rd option in the KC passing game for years to come. Meanwhile, Hilton is a year removed from leading the NFL in receiving yards.

I agree with travdogg.  I don't have confidence Luck is coming back for a full season ever, but even if not Brissett is gonna have an entire off-season in Indy which will help a ton.  

I guess a case could be made that Watkins is the best athlete on paper but he has been passed around the league for a reason.  And well I'm not interested in Godwin as more than a filler.

I'd take the Watkins side of the deal...with your receivers you could get Watkins in a classic buy low sell high scenario.  All reports are Watkins is meshing well with Mahones, plus Watkins is extremely talented (former 1st round pick) so the chance of him breaking out (relative to his value up to this point) is very possible.   Hilton's value already assumes Luck is the QB which is far from a certainty.  Furthermore, what are the chances Hilton out performs his value?  Since he is highly valued by most it's more likely that he goes down versus up...of course the most likely scenario is he stays about the same (assuming Luck as QB).   Factor in the ages, Hilton 28 vs Watkins 25 I like Watkins upside more.

I'd keep Hilton, too many mouths to feed in KC-Watkins is the 4th option there. Godwin is ok as a wr2 or wr3 and he is certainly no Hilton.

Users who are viewing this thread