What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All 30 MLB Logo's Ranked (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
http://fanjuicer.com/2018/06/every-mlb-logo-ranked-by-3792-fans

1. Cardinals

2. Blue Jays

3. Dodgers

4. Cubs

5. Angels

---

29. Rockies

30. Clevelands

There's also a critique of all 30 logos from an art director.

Best quote (re:Tampa): "I’m worried that if you were to view this logo from far away, it might look more like a logo for a seafood restaurant than a baseball team".

I didn't see the hidden P in the SD logo before, it should be way higher up on this list. If Milwaukee used the ball and glove as their primary logo, it might be my #1 but this is only primary logos, so Toronto should probably be #1.

This isn't based on my irrational dislike for the franchise, but the Cubs logo sucks. Not saying I have a better idea for it, I've just always thought it was boring and unoriginal. No reason its in the top half let alone the top five. 

And a gigantic lol at the Yankees being bottom half. 

n the counter of the “R,” the sunlight is interesting because I know they are supposed to be based on the the animal – “Devil Rays” – not a “ray of light,” but maybe that’s a new direction they are going.

lol 10 years ago = new direction 

Be honest, you only posted this because the blue jays were second (which is laughable btw)
It was 3800 fans polled, it's not some dude's opinion. :shrug:  I think it's a good list based on the primary logos. Like I say, with secondary logos, the Yankees, Brewers, Orioles and a bunch more all move way up the list.

On merit alone and taking all associations with it away, the Yankees logo shown here is nothing special. The uniforms, yes. The pinstripes, yes. The NY logo, yes. 

Tigers not in Top 5?  Not even worth giving the guy the clicks to find out where he put them 
The graphic design guy doing the commentary loves the Tigers logo but it doesn't do so well in the fan poll that the rankings come from. 
The hat logos as a group did poorly in the poll.  Only the Anaheims finished near the top while six of the bottom ten were cap emblems.

The lowercase ‘a’ with the tilted halo is lightyears better than what the Anaheims are trotting out there now. 

The Indians Block C is certainly boring and deserving of the ranking. But I think that logo makes sense for now, and I personally like it. I agree that Wahoo is inappropriate and should go, but it's still, visually, an awesome logo. 

So, to try to make a new logo that would match Wahoo would likely be a futile effort, undoubtedly resulting in something terrible. It'll take some time to come up with something good, and there probably needs to be some time from a consumer perspective.

Nothing wrong with the boring Block C in the meantime, and I think it looks nice on a hat.

Yankees, both sox, should be higher.  

Cards is a picture of a bird.  Get lost.  

Agree on the cubs, dodgers also too high  but love their LA hat

seeing them side by side, the Phillies is pretty sweet and the Mets should be top 5

They went strictly by the official primary logos on each team's style guide. Some teams know theirs sucks, so you barely see it onfield or on fanwear.  

Users who are viewing this thread